She makes me flutter.

Moments

This is most likely trash so I apologize in advance. 

-

Chanmi’s POV

 

After entering the dance team bus and after reluctantly bowing to the girls, I slumped on the bus seat and decided to not talk or acknowledge anybody. It was too early, I hadn’t had breakfast and to be honest I didn’t  want to be here. 

 

The girls chattering on the background was slowly giving me a headache, I took a deep breath to try and calm myself and relax before we reached or destination, I had no other option then to accept the fact that this was going to be my day, no matter how much I wanted to get back to bed and never leave again I had to complete the schedule set for today, if not for me than at least for my members. 

 

Distracting myself by looking at the window after doing some breathing exercise I felt someone take the sit beside me. I turned around to find out who it was. 

 

Oh.. 

 

It was Moonbyul. 

 

She was looking at me with a warm look in her eyes and a small smile on her lips. She looked kind and nice almost, that made me feel a little less restless. 

 

I notice her lips were moving but I was too distracted by her sight to comprehend what she was saying. Shaking my head I proceded to say:

 

C: I’m sorry, could you say that I again? I asked a little embarrassed. 

 

She chuckled before answering. 

 

M: I said, is this seat taken?

 

I was taken aback by her question. 

 

She wanted to sit beside me? Why?

 

C: Oh.. I.. ah.. I found myself not knowing how to answer. 

 

I heard her laugh again. 

 

M: Too hard of a question for you? She said mockingly. 

 

I looked at her surprised at her teasing while my cheeks heated up.

 

M: Look, its a little crowded back there and I was wondering If I could sit here? Is that okay with you?. 

 

I swallowed before answering. 

 

C: Ye… Yeah, sure. I said making room for her to sit. 

 

M: Thanks she said while taking the seat. 

 

With her being close to me I could smell her perfume: ambrosial and spicy, little bit masculine too, it totally suited her. I was embarrassed I was noticeably enjoying her scent. 

 

M: You’re Chanmi right? From AOA? She turned to me initiating a conversation.

 

C: Yeah, that’s me. Nice to meet you, I said smiling while sticking out my hand. 

 

She knows who I am. 

 

M: I’m Moonbyul, from Mamamoo, she said flashing a smile while shaking my hand, Its nice meeting you too. 

 

C: I know. I blurted out.

 

I began feeling hot from embarrassment again. 

 

She looked at me curiously. 

 

C: I mean, I said trying to explain myself, I know who you are, I’ve been a fan of your group for awhile. I said hoping she didn’t notice how flustered I was. 

 

She wasn’t supposed to know that. 

Damn it Chanmi, get a hold of yourself. 

 

M: Really? That’s so sweet of you, thank you. She said smiling softly at me causing a small flutter on my stomach.

 

To be honest I didn’t know why she was thanking me, everyone knew who Mamamoo was, they were one of the most talented and famous group out there. 

 

Thank God I didn’t say she’s my bias.

That would’ve been even more embarrassing. 

 

I nodded in response smiling at her once again. 

 

We talked through the whole bus ride, about the show, our group and other random things. I was grateful, it felt like she was a friend. 

 

Moonbyul is my friend. 

Who would’ve thought?

 

________________________________________________

 

 

We were “Six Puzzles” now.

 

We even had a greeting and everything, you could thank YooA for that. 

 

Moonbyul was our leader, that was a collective decision but I mean, there’s no one better than her to lead our group. 

 

The other girls were actually so sweet and nice, it kinda sadden me that I didn’t interact with them on the bus but nevertheless, I wouldn’t trade my moments with Moonbyul for anything. Moonbyul, who mas my leader now, which meant I got to call her my Unnie, thinking about that made my stomach flutter again. 

 

She keeps doing that, making me feel all fluttery and warm inside. I don’t know what to do about it. 

 

While completing our tasks for the day I kept watching her, since she was in charge she talked the most, whenever I heard her voice I couldn’t help but watch her, watch the way she spoke, her body language, hand movements, those adorable little dimples on her cheeks and that equally adorable little nose she had, but what I liked the most was probably her smile, which I was blessed to notice she showed a lot. I liked seeing her smile, it was enchanting, but then again, everything about her was. 

 

Deep in my admiration for her I caught her staring back at me, my heart began to beat rapidly and my cheeks reddened.

 

She caught me staring at her. Damn it. 

 

I tried to end the eye contact but before I could even turn my head, she winked at me. 

 

What?!

 

Did she just?

 

 

I was befuddle.

 

Surely I most be seeing things cause why on earth would she wink at me? I looked down trying to calm down and make sense of what just happened, after a couple of minutes I looked up again and there she was, looking at me still. I didn’t know what to do, I tried to smile but my face was just not cooperating with me, she must’ve notice because she laughed before giving me one last intense look and then turning her head to talk to YooA who was sitting near her. 

 

What is happening? I asked myself feeling the flutters again, though right now it felt like a thunderstorm inside me getting stronger and stronger by the minute. 

 

 

________________________________________________

 

We were deciding on what song we should for the upcoming performance. 

 

Sitting on the floor brainstorming, we were all chatting when the topic of flexibility came on, one of the girls asked me if I could do a split, to which I decided to demonstrate that I in fact couldn’t, not all the way at least. 

 

They all went crazy upon seeing me which made me laugh. 

 

They’re funny, I thought. 

 

You almost seduced me I heard Yein say. 

 

That was seductive I heard her say. 

 

Oh 

 

She said I looked seductive.

 

What? 

 

The word seductive came out of regarding my attempt to do a split. She had this sort of daring look in her eyes as if she was tempting me to try and figure out what she was telling me. 

 

After I sat properly on the floor, the girls resumed talking to each other and I searched of her eyes again, It was becoming a habit of mine to be always looking at her. 

 

I couldn’t help it. 

 

I followed the path of her tongue as it moved parting her lips and moistening them. Something warm spread in my lower stomach as I watched move.

 

I wonder how those lips will feel if they were pressed to mine…?

 

That thought startled me.

 

I couldn’t be thinking about that, it was wrong, she was my friend and most importantly she would sure be disgusted if if she knew what I was thinking. I shook my head trying to stop my mind from going places where it shouldn’t. 

 

Luckily, the girls started talking about the performance again so I kept myself busy with that instead of thinking about her. 

 

________________________________________________

 

When I saw her dance, it was like a trance. 

 

Her moves were so smooth and precise, I was actually jealous of the fact she looked so cool while dancing that way. 

 

The movement of her hips and her hand slowly going down her body in tune with the rhythm of the song were forever engraved in my memory. 

 

She is so *y. 

 

When she finished we all praised her, she deserved it after all. 

 

I could tell she was flustered, which made her looked so cute. 

 

How can she go from *y to cute so fast? I wondered. 

 

M: That’s why it’s hard, she said, hard to get along. 

 

C: No, that’s why you shine I corrected her. You shine when you’re unique. I finished. 

 

I hope that wasn’t too forward. 

 

Apparently it wasn’t cause next thing I knew she was coming to me with opened arms, she hugged me and said thank you. It was a short hug but it felt like a had reached a milestone, she wasn’t shy to touch me, that gave me confidence on getting closer to her. 

 

The rest of the day was spent with her next to me. 

 

I liked that.

 

 Even if we were sitting on the floor, or standing up she was there next to me

 

 I really liked that. 

 

After practice was over I asked for her number and then followed her on Instagram. 

 

________________________________________________

 

We texted. 

 

That’s something we did now. 

 

I tried to not be so obvious about it to not raise any suspicion among my members, I wasn’t sure I could talk about her, about or rising friendship without giving away how I really felt, without showing how happy she seeing her smile made me. 

 

I felt my phone vibrate on my pocket signaling a message. 

 

It was her again, I knew it. 

 

Subtly I pulled out my phone and quietly laughed at some meme she had send me, I quickly replied and put my phone away focusing on the rehearsals with the group. 

 

I heard it buzzed again.  

 

And again and again and again. 

 

I cursed internally suppressing the need to answer her text. I needed to focus, not be distracted. 

 

We hadn’t seen each other for a couple days, each of us focusing on our solo parts for the song, our performance was tomorrow and we needed to be ready. 

 

Thankfully, I took a break from dancing and while drinking some water a pulled my phone out to see her messages. They were 20 to be exact. I laughed at her eagerness. 

 

Apparently she was on a break herself and decided to send me pictures of herself with goofy filters and stickers. Seeing them made my heart skip a beat. 

 

She’s so beautiful. 

 

I quickly replied with a small video of what I had prepared for my solo, the ending pose to be exact. I bit my lip unsure if I should send it or not, after doing some thinking I typed “sneak peak” and hit send. 

 

I was a little scared of her reply. 

 

M: Wow, I can already tell you’re going to kill it. Can’t wait to see it tomorrow. 

 

I blushed reading her message. 

 

There goes the flutters again. 

 

________________________________________________

 

Even though I didn’t place they way I wanted to I was really happy for her. She got second place and it was well deserved, her dance was amazing, as expected of her. 

 

We all got the envelope with our ranks on while we were filming. After everyone had opened their envelope and our reactions were filmed the cameras were off. It’ll be a few hours before filming started again so everyone decided to leave to their respective groups.

 

As I was leaving a hand caught my wrist making me stop on my track, it was Moonbyul. 

 

M: Hey, she said softly. 

 

C: Hey, I replied in the same way. 

 

M: Scored the way you wanted? She asked.  

 

C: Not really, I said offhandedly. I honestly didn’t wanted to have this conversation, specially with the thought of how my members would react rooming in my head.

 

I heard her hummed before she spoke again. 

 

M: Well if you asked me I think you should’ve been on the top 3. Anyone could see how hard you worked on your piece and that jump from the table? Only pros do that you know. She said that last part cheekily. It was clear she was trying to cheer me up, I appreciated that.

 

C: Yeah right. I said laughing it off.

 

M: I mean it

 

She said before lifting her hand and tucking a few strands of my hair behind my ear. I shivered slightly at her touch. With her hand in my cheek, her eyes were glued to mine. 

 

 Neither of us said anything. 

 

Her intense look on me was making me flustered, so I broke eye contact and laughed nervously trying to calm my beating heart and rapid breathing. 

 

C: I have to go now I murmured.

 

Her hand was no longer on my cheek.

 

M: Yeah, me too.

 

As I was turning around to leave she grabbed my wrist again and said:

 

M: Text me later? 

 

Her eyes looked like they were pleading. 

 

C: Sure I said softly before I gave her a smile and resumed to leave. 

 

 

________________________________________________

 

 

C: Byul Unnie, why aren’t you replaying to me? I asked her across the room. 

 

We were filming again. I hadn’t seen her since our conversation yesterday and she stopped responding to my texts last night. 

 

M: Cutie. You’re obsessive, was her reply.

 

C: Why aren’t you responding right away? I asked again.  

 

She laughed shaking her head. 

 

Maybe I am being obsessive. 

 

________________________________________________

 

Today was the last day. 

 

After this we were done. No more filming, no more cameras around me all the time, no more Six Puzzles, no more Queendom and no more her

 

I was hit by the hash reality that once the show is over I wouldn’t see her again. The only thing keeping us together is this show and without it there’s no reason for us to hang out.

 

That realization kept hovering over me all day.

 

I won’t deny it, I felt sad.

 

Sad over the fact that soon it’ll all be over. Even though it was hard and I wanted to quit sometimes, I created wonderful memories throughout this show, it made feel gloomy to watch it end.

 

I was currently back stage having already performed, waiting before going out to watch the other groups. The adrenaline of the performance was running off and I could feel my body ache because of it, the thought of being able to wake up late tomorrow morning and rest was enough hope for me to power through. 

 

M: Hey

 

Her voice startled me, she came out of nowhere.

 

Oh, her hair is different. 

 

Purple locks were now cascading down her shoulders. 

 

She looked beautiful.

 

C: Hey, I replied.

 

M: Nervous? She asked.

 

C: Not at the moment, hard part’s over for me. You’re performing next right? 

 

M: Yes, our last performance, she said before letting out a sight. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ll actually miss this, she said shy laughing.

 

I laughed too before saying:

 

C: I get what your saying, I think I’ll miss it too, I’ve made some great friends here, I said before smiling with a hint of nostalgia.

 

We were both quiet for a few seconds after that.

 

M: So listen, I actually wanted to ask you something, she said hesitantly. 

 

C: Yeah? I asked.

 

M: Throughout this whole Queendom experience, I met some wonderful people and made some great friends, and of them was you she said looking directly at me. 

 

I felt my heart skipped a beat.

 

M: And even though this will all be over soon, she continued, I’d really like for us to keep in contact and maybe see each other outside of work, get together for coffee or something, she said nervousness dripping from her voice.

 

Is she asking me out?

 

C: Are you asking me out? I blurted out panicking.

 

She looked surprised at my words. 

 

M: I... yes? Yes, I am asking out she said flustered.

 

Oh wow. This is really happening. 

 

Moonbyul just asked me out. 

 

Moonbyul from girl group Mamamoo just asked me out. 

 

SHE JUST ASKED ME OUT.

 

WHAAAAAAAT.

 

I was silently freaking out and didn’t realize she was expecting an answer. 

 

M: I mean If you don’t want to that’s alright, I just wanted… 

 

I interrupted her before she could go any further. 

 

C: Of course I’ll go out with you! I will love to, I said looking at her with a loving smile on my face.

 

M: Oh.. she laughed softly, That’s a relief, for a second there it looked like you were gonna say no she said. 

 

C: No, no I laughed feeling flustered, you just took me by surprise that’s all. I said trying to contain my smile. 

 

Our conversation got cut short when someone from her staff came to fetch her since she’d be on stage soon. 

 

M: I guess that’s my cue to go she said with disappointment in her voice.

 

C: Good luck I said softly.

 

She reached over to me and pressed her lips on my cheek before saying goodbye and leaving to get ready, leaving me virtually melting on the floor from the ghost of her her soft lips on my skin. My heart was racing rapidly and it felt like the room was going in circles around me.

 

How am I supposed to not die on our date? 

 

Throughout the rest of the show, the flutters never left my body.