-end-

Sweaters and Cameras
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wheein-ah! What took you so long~” A warm hug welcomes me as soon as I opened the door of my apartment.

 

 

“Unnie? What are you doing here?” I ask, still wrap into her arms. 

 

 

She releases me from her hold and tap my nose. “You’re the one who gave me a spare key and said to come here whenever I want.”

 

 

“Its just, if you’d told me you were coming over, I would’ve come straight home and bring some food.”

 

 

“That’s fine. Besides, I already bought lots of food for us.” She said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the living room. “TA-DAH!!!!”

 

 

My eyes went wide when I saw the table full of different food. And it’s all my favourite. “What is this? Why are there so many food, unnie?”

 

 

“Do I need to have a reason to treat my bestfriend?” She pouted and I smack her arms for doing that. 

 

 

“Stop! Your so gross.”

 

 

“Aw~” She nurses her arm and pouted more. “Wheein-ah~, you’re becoming more and more violent to me each year.”

 

 

Meet my bestfriend, Moon Byul. I met Byulie unnie when I just started my modelling career 6 years ago and she was the very first photographer I’ve worked with. I never thought I’d be friends with someone as cool as her but we just kinda clicked after that photoshoot. 

 

 

We worked together on several projects after that and our friendship just became closer. 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re wearing that sweater again. I’m getting sick of it.” I said and gulped the rest of my beer to open another one. 

 

 

Byulie unnie looks down at her sweater and then to me. “Yah! I love this sweater. And you’re the one who give it to me.”

 

 

I didn’t say anything afterwards because deep down, I love it when she wears the sweater everytime we spend time together. 

 

 

*click

 

 

 

The sound of her camera snapped me out from my train of thoughts and I glare at her for suddenly taking a picture of me. 

 

 

She only laughs and looks at the shots she took on her camera. 

 

 

“Why do you always take photos of me?” I asked. Ever since we became friends, she’s always taking pictures of me. I’m not talking about the official photoshoots but the time whenever and wherever we hang out. And the most frustrating part is that she never share them with me or to anyone else.

 

 

“You’re beautiful, what else?” She answers in a hearbeat and I smack her again. 

 

 

“Stop being greasy and answer me unnie.” 

 

 

“It’s the truth!” She defended. “And you’re my favourite subject.” 

 

 

I roll my eyes because she always tells me this but I believe her... I like to believe that she’s telling the truth. 

 

 

“But you never share them to anyone not even to me. Why is that?” I asked again.

 

 

Byulie unnie looks at me for a moment, down to her camera then back at me again. “Because I’m selfish and I don’t want to share to the world the sides of you that I only know.”

 

 

I felt heat crept up to my cheeks and Byulie unnie looks at me curiously. 

 

 

“Are you drunk already?” She asked and I silently thank the beers we have been drinking for hiding the real reason why I am red as a tomato right now. 

 

 

“No, I’m just a little tipsy.” I said and looked away from her. 

 

 

She went back on browsing her shots on her camera and suddenly she ask, “Will you promise me one thing, Wheein-ah?” 

 

 

I look at her and nod, “Of course.”

 

 

“When someday you met someone that you like, will you tell me first and not anyone else?”

 

 

She looks at me with such intensity in the eyes that I almost spill out that I already have someone I like.... and it’s her. But then she suddenly scoots closer and rest her head on my shoulder. 

 

 

“I hope you’ll meet someone who’s not possessive though, not the type who wants you all by themselves. I don’t like that. Because being together with you like this forever, would make me happy.” She said snuggling even closer that I could already feel her breath on my neck. 

 

 

I felt the familiar pang of pain in my chest again.  I know that to Byulie unnie, I’m just her bestfriend. And that’s why I’ll keep my feeling hidden. 

 

 

 

————————————————————

 

 

 

 

 

“Tilt your head for a bit. Yeah, like that”

 

 

*click, click, click....

 

 

“Oh, nice! I like that.”

 

 

*click, click, click.... 

 

 

“Ok, last shot.”

 

 

*click

 

 

The staffs in the studio clap their hands and cheer as the photoshoot ended. I’m on the same building for a meeting so I decided to visit Byulie unnie. I look for her in the studio and found her talking to Yongsun unnie. She’s also a model and a good friend of Byulie unnie. 

 

 

I watch them animatedly talk to each other and all I want to do is just leave. But my feet seems rooted on the spot as I watch Byulie unnie’s eyes sparkle as she talks to Yongsun unnie. She was so mesmerise by her and here I am dying on the inside. 

 

 

Yongsun unnie is the first one to spot me. She wave at me and give me the biggest smile.

 

 

See? How could I hate her? She is such an angel and she’s a nice unnie to me. 

 

 

I wave back as Byulie unnie walks towards me. 

 

 

“Wheein-ah! What are you doing here?” She asked, her smile is beautiful as ever. 

 

 

“I’m on the same building so I decided to visit you. I am such a good friend, aren’t I?” I said, the last sentence left a bitter taste in my mouth. 

 

 

“I know I know. You’re the best Jung Wheein.” She ruffles my hair and looks at me adoringly. 

 

 

Sometimes, I wonder why I cont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter