Heartbreak

Baby, Just Go

 

It was like any other day Jay and Yoon Ji shared. The two were on a date roaming around the city of Seoul. The sun slowly started to go down and the weather started getting chilly.
 
“Jay, it’s getting cold. Let’s go.” Yoon Ji said nudging on Jay’s jacket.
 
“Uh-yeah, sure. Where to?” Jay asked.
 
“To your house silly….. Jay, are you okay? You’ve been acting really weird today.” Yoon Ji said cuddling on to Jay’s arm to warm her.
 
“Yeah, sorry I’m just not feeling so good today.” Jay said looking down at Yoon Ji who was brightly smiling.
 
“Let’s just hurry and get to your place. Then you’ll probably feel better.” Yoon Ji smiled and dragged Jay back to his car.
 
-----------------
 
On the car ride back to Jay’s house Yoon Ji was playing with the radio trying to find some good stations and texting away on her phone. “Hey are we almost there yet?” Yoon Ji asked still looking at her phone.
 
Jay didn’t respond, instead he just looked at her with a blank stare. 
 
“Jay? Is there something on your mind? You keep staring at me.” Yoon Ji asked with a curious expression.
 
“It’s nothing, it’s just you look really cute today.” Yoon Ji’s cheeks turned pink, but Jay could tell she still was unsatisfied with his answer.
 
“Thanks Jay, but I know when something is on your mind.”
 
“Really, it’s nothing.” Jay replied with a lie, Yoon Ji was right, she knew whenever there was something on his mind, and there was certainly something on this mind he needed to tell Yoon Ji, but just didn’t know how to tell her.
 
The ride back to Jay’s house, the two didn’t speak to each other, instead the radio occupied their silence all the way home.
 
-------------------
 
Jay unlocked the door to his apartment and Yoon Ji ran, going towards the kitchen, whining, “I’m hungry!” 
 
Jay walked over to the living room throwing his keys on the coffee table and sitting down on the couch setting his feet on the coffee table. He looked over at the kitchen and saw Yoon Ji making something. So many thoughts were running through his mind right now, there had to be some way he had to tell Yoon Ji.
 
Yoon Ji slowly walked over to the living room with a cookie in and a cup in her hand filled with tea, making sure the tea didn’t spill. She sat herself down on the couch and handed Jay the warm cup. “Here I quickly made some tea for you because earlier you said you didn’t feel good, and I thought tea might make you feel a bit better.” Yoon Ji smiled munching on her cookie.
 
Jay blankly stared at the cup of tea Yoon Ji had just given him.
 
“Hey, I didn’t give you the tea just so you could stare at it; I gave it to you so you’d feel better. So drink up.”
 
Jay looked up at Yoon Ji, just staring at her made everything so much harder. Yoon Ji’s one stare was filled with honesty, worry, care, and love. Jay couldn’t decided whether to tell the truth or just let it go, but no he had to do this, it was the best for him, the best for the both of them, and most importantly it was the best for her.
 
“Jay stop staring at me like that. Weirdo.” Yoon Ji said grabbing the remote off of the coffee table turning on the television. 
 
Jay was still staring at her. Yoon Ji looked away from the TV and looked at Jay again. “What? Is it the cookie?” Yoon Ji broke half of the cookie off. “Look I was hungry. I didn’t get you one because you told me you didn’t feel good, but since you keep staring at me, here.” She handed him the other half.
 
Just do it, it’s for the best. Jay thought to himself. He set the cookie, the cup onto the coffee table, and grabbed the remote from Yoon Ji and turned off the TV.
 
“Hey, I was watching that.” Yoon Ji pouted.
 
“Yoon Ji.” Jay said with a serious tone as he intensely stared at her.
 
“Seriously, Jay, quit staring at me like that. You’re being so serious, it’s scaring me.” Yoon Ji wasn’t sure why Jay was acting so serious and what he was about to say next, but she knew there was definitely something bothering Jay.
 
“Yoon Ji, we should break up.”
 
Yoon Ji sat there, baffled by the words that had just came out of Jay’s mouth. She started to shake her head, trying to convince herself that this was a joke Jay was just playing on her.
 
“Is this some kind of sick joke, Jay? Because it’s not funny at all.” Yoon Ji was waiting for Jay to say that she was right and he was just messing with her.
 
“No it’s not. I think we need to break up, Yoon Ji.” Jay said.
 
There were so many thoughts running through Yoon Ji’s head, but words could not describe it. She was speechless; this sudden break up Jay wanted was a surprise to her. Did she do something wrong? Was something wrong with her? Their relationship was fine just yesterday, why does it come to this now? She looked at Jay trying so hard not to break out in tears, but tears slowly fell from her eyes.
 
“Why? Why are you doing this?” More bitter tears formed in Yoon Ji’s eyes then slowly left wet trails as they ran down her face.
 
Whenever Yoon Ji cried it hurt Jay’s heart, this was one of the reasons Jay was breaking up with Yoon Ji. He always disappointed her and made her shed tears.
 
“I think it the best for you, for us to be apart.” He couldn’t look at Yoon Ji in the face, instead he got up.
 
“What do you mean the best for me? How do you know what I want? I DON’T WANT THIS JAY!” Yoon Ji yelled at Jay while she started to cry more in frustration. At this point Yoon Ji was shocked and angry with Jay, that he was making this decision for her without even letting her tell him how she feels about this. She wanted to slap him in the face, but she just sat there looking up at Jay.
 
“I’m sorry Yoon Ji, but I think you should leave.” This was hurting him too much to watch Yoon Ji like this.
 
Yoon Ji sat there in silence, she didn’t want to leave she wanted to be with Jay, she just wanted to go into 
Jay’s bedroom and fall asleep right next to him, it was all a dream, like all of this wasn’t real, and she
would wake up any minute. Yoon Ji was confused and heartbroken.
 
Jay grabbed Yoon Ji’s stuff, took her arm, and dragged her to the door. 
 
“I’m really sorry Yoon Ji.” Jay said and closed the door.
 
That was when reality hit Yoon Ji hard, this wasn’t a dream, it was real, and Jay was really breaking up with her.
 
“Jay I’m sorry! Whatever I did wrong I’ll fix it! Please just don’t do this to me. Don’t leave me!” Yoon Ji pounded on the door crying a lot harder than before
 
 “I need you Jay! I’m sorry for everything. I’M SORRY JAY, PLEASE JUST LET ME IN!” Yoon Ji sobbed and wiped her tears. To her surprise the door opened and there stood Jay looking at Yoon Ji. Her eye makeup smudged under her eyes and also red and swollen from all the crying.
 
“You really should leave; you’re going to wake up the neighbors. Really, Yoon Ji, just go.” Jay said blankly and closed the door in her face.
 
----------------------------------
 
Too much for the first chapter? Hahaha, well I wanted to start the story off with the breakup. I hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry if there are any errors, I'm going to read it over again and see if there are any mistakes. Also it took me a while to write this chapter, because I haven't wrote fanfic in a while.... SO LIKE IT OR ELSE! XD LOL jk. Please do leave comments and subcribe if you like the story! :)