Fin

Works

My girlfriend is loud, energetic, a little bit of a narcissist, helpful and the list can go on. While, I am nothing like her, yet we make the relationship work. Though usually our friends see me running away from her the majority of our time in public. Sometimes they wonder why we are together in the first place since we have been labeled by almost everyone Tom and Jerry. I’m not telling you who is who since this story isn’t about that.

 

I love my girlfriend because she takes care of me even though she has too much on her plate already. Although, I say that she is a narcissist she does have empathy towards others hence the taking care of me part. She would always look at me with concern whenever we aren’t together for long periods of time. She knows that I would only cook instant ramen if she doesn’t come over. She also knows that I’m kind of lazy, so my stuff is just hanging around the apartment until I feel like cleaning up. She just does my laundry because she knows I’ll get mad at her for touching my other stuff. She also makes sure I’m not late for classes though I got to admit recording her voice and making it my alarm ringtone is a bit much. She also helps me with my homework if I don’t understand it, however, she doesn’t help much as we are in different programs, so she uses google to help. She holds my hand whenever I feel nervous in front of our friends. If I have a nightmare, I would call her no matter what time it is and she would be on the phone with me until I fall asleep or if we are together whether it is at her or my apartment we would sleep in the bed together. She would just hold me and hum. There is so much more I can talk about of her caring for me, but I think it would turn into a novel. Instead I’ll tell you another thing on why we are together.

 

We are just comfortable with each other. We have our fair share of fights about anything you can think of. Last time we had a fight, it was her judging me on a jean jacket that went well with jean dad shorts. I believe everyone has seen that combo before so don’t judge me as well. Anyways, she teased me saying her nerdy boyfriend is trying too hard to be cool. That resulted in us running around my apartment until I ran out of breath and yes, she did say boyfriend. It’s an inside joke because I keep calling her a smol bean. So, her retaliation is calling me boyfriend as I am taller than her plus she said I kind of look a bit better in guy clothes. Ah, she keeps saying those lines that I don’t know whether to blush or cringe half of the time. >///< Yeah… anyways the fights are just the result of us being honest with each other. We fight because we have a difference of opinion which is better than bottling up our feelings and stuff. We can tell each other almost about anything… just almost anything anyways. There are some things that you need to keep secret like uh… I forgot but it’s there and people know it. So, communication is key, and we have a lot of communication about our feelings and stuff. Though don’t start with all the heavy stuff in the beginning just slowly ease into it. Slow and steady wins the race well in this case the relationship.

 

My girlfriend… ah! I forgot to introduce her to you. Her name is Kim Bora, but she likes being called Sua for a reason. It’s adorable how she pouts then lashes at you for not saying her preferred name. Sometimes I purposely use her real name just to but don’t tell her that. There is that reason, but I have another one that I will tell you later so don’t tell her anything. She might actually break up with me if she found out I do it purposefully because I usually blame the mix up on my forgetfulness.

 

Anyways, as I was saying that is something my girlfriend keeps hidden from the general public and that is, she is insecure about herself. She covers up her insecurities by being loud or ually and playfully harassing her friends and me. She jokes around when things get serious when the topic is about her. She hides it all under her character that I believe has become herself but when the eyes are off her and the world doesn’t see her, she drops it. She would often curl up against me hoping, clinging, and praying that I don’t get fed up with her and leave when we are physically together. I can’t say the same if it was mentally, but I tell her that I keep her close to my heart or else I wouldn’t have been able to say that I love her at all.

 

She doesn’t want to burden people, so she never asks for advice. She does it all by herself and sweeps her reasoning for doing so is that she is perfect so no need for help. She calls herself Queen to try and boost up her confidence, but people laugh making all her hard work crumble down in an instant.

 

They don’t know how many times she has to work in order for people to not look at her as weak or broken. They don’t know how she curls up into a ball and cries herself to sleep hoping that tomorrow would be a better day. They never think that when they brush her off when talking she begins to think that she should be there and hides by going to her phone. But I do know…

 

I know that she would smile but it doesn’t reach her eyes. I know that when we are waving goodbye to her friend her smile drops and her hand instantly clings to my sleeve for reassurance. I know that she gets my attention just so she knows that I’m not annoyed with her. I know that she picks fights with me to make sure that our relationship never dulls out. I know that she harasses people, so they won’t come close enough to learn about her. So, they won’t ever have the chance to bring her pain if they ever left her. I also know that she insists on her nickname because in the end it’s temporary and it’s easier to know the surface rather than digging deeper to find something you don’t like.

 

Despite all her insecurities I’ll stay by her side because after all I love her. She may be loud, energetic, a little bit of a narcissist, helpful, a ual harasser but she is the one I depend on. Just as she is dependent on me. Our relationship might look toxic, but it isn’t. We are after all any typical couple you see out there with a slight uniqueness.

 

Sometimes she feels as if she doesn’t deserve me. That is why she would bite me to show that she can cause me pain. She would intentionally use her loud voice to hurt my head when I get too close to her. She would also be cold and push me away just so I wouldn’t be hurt by her soon. She thinks that all of this is going to make me leave but it doesn’t. She would often tell me without anyone around that she would abuse me in some way. I don’t believe her since she always says it in tears. All her abuse isn’t really called abuse as it is a fool’s attempt to make me stay away from her and that is the last thing I’ll do.

 

In times like those I would hold her and make sure to let her know that I’m not leaving. All relationships require work. They will never be perfect, and each must provide compromise. That is how me and Bora’s relationship has been standing so strong despite what everyone else sees. They don’t understand the deep feelings and comfort we provide each other. That is why I call her by her real name. So she knows that even if people only see the surface I’m going to be there through it all. To see all the good and the bad no matter what happens to us.

 

All everyone knows is that I love her, and she loves me. We just complete each other no?