Chapter 2

Under the Mistletoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 months later...

 

"Please, Minari, you just have to do this. Give me some credit, it's Christmas," Jihyo unnie pleaded.

 

Mina rolled her eyes. "No, no and no!" she replied, frowning. Her older sister, Jihyo, was getting married in a couple of weeks. The best man, Mark Tuan-Chou, was coming to help in the preparations for the wedding. But coming along with Mark were his two siblings, Tzuyu and Momo. Jihyo and Daniel, the soon-to-be-brother-in-law of Mina, is asking her to show Tzuyu and Momo around, making sure that they won't feel lonesome.

 

"Why won't you do it?" Jihyo asked.

 

"It's so complicated and confusing," Mina said. "I don't get it."

 

. Jihyo sighed."What's not to get? I'm going to marry Daniel. Daniel's best friend is Mark Tuan-Chou. so he will be the best man in the wedding. Mark has two siblings, Tzuyu and Momo. Their parents had some sort of problem that they needed to fix but they can't take Tzuyu and Momo. So Tzuyu and Momo are coming along with Mark. They're the ones you're going to show around. Not Mark because he is going to help us with wedding preparations. Okay? Get it?"

 

Mina stared at her sister. "Tzuyu and Momo are siblings? I thought they were, like, girlfriend?" she stuck her tongue out at her sister, "See, I totally don't understand this whole thing."

 

"You'll get it," Jihyo  promised. "Look, Tzuyu's just your age. Maybe, you know," Jihyo grinned and wriggled her eyebrows knowingly.

 

Mina wrinkled her nose. "No, I don't know, Jihyo unnie," she said. "And I am not looking for romance. There's enough romance going on around me to last me a lifetime."

 

"Aha! So you do get it. You know that I think you and Tzuyu should hook up," Jihyo said. She opened the cupboard and took out a bag of Doritos. "And you know, weddings are the places to fall in love."

 

Mina  stifled a giggle. "You might not fit in your wedding dress," she mumbled in an attempt to change the subject.

 

"Hey,"  Jihyo cried indignantly then she giggled. "I'll risk it," she said.

 

"Right. Well, chow down, sis," Mina said as she walked out of the kitchen. But she bumped into Daniel. Literally. "Whoops, sorry," she mumbled stepping back to let him pass through. As far as she was concerned, she didn't like Daniel. The last time she saw him, he totally broke Jihyo's heart.

 

"Yes or no?" he asked raising an eyebrow at her.

 

Mina rolled her eyes. "No!" She pushed past him and stormed out of the room.

 

But not before hearing Daniel ask, "What's up with her?"

 

"Maybe PMS," Jihyo replied.

 

Mina's jaw dropped. Her eyes narrowed to slits. She didn't bother to tell her sister off. She would've lost because it was two against one. There was so in love together that they never fight and whenever they fight, they're both on the same side against someone. So Mina was going to loose. Instead, she headed outside to the stables. She shivered once outside. Her sweater didn't give much warmth but still it helped. She ran towards the stables only to discover that Nayeon was also there. Mina turned around deciding to go somewhere else.

 

Too late.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter