Chapter 1

Under the Mistletoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Myoui Mina watched her newlywed sister, Nayeon Yoo out another outfit for what seemed like the hundredth time. Okay, maybe the hundredth time was a bit of an exaggeration but still. They'd been in this store for the past two hours and for the past two hours, Nayeon, as her sister was called, still didn't know which outfit she would buy.

 

Is she married or not? Why does she act like this is high school and she's going to the Prom? Mina thought miserably.

 

"Mom? What do you think?" Nayeon held up two dresses, which, in Mina's opinion, looked exactly the same. "I'm not sure if Jeong would like these," she added thoughtfully.

 

Mina rolled her eyes. Jeongyeon was Nayeon's wife of six months.

 

What does it matter if Jeong won't like your dresses? Let her wear the dresses she likes and wear the dresses you like!

 

"Mom, I'm going out," she announced standing up from her position on the chair.

 

"Oh, Minari, you have to help me pick," Nayeon said pouting.

 

"Uh, I think you have everything under control here. You won't need me, besides, it'll be your birthday soon and I still haven't got you a present," Mina replied smiling. "I'll be back in an hour," she added turning to leave.

 

"Oh what makes you so sure we'll still be here in an hour? You better takes my cell phone, Mina, just in case. We'll call you if we're moving to the next store," her mom said handing Mina the cell phone.

 

"Oh-kay," Mina said taking the phone. "Whatever you say, mom," she added under her breath. Once outside the shop, Mina looked around the mall first. She had no idea where to go. Nor did she have any idea what to give Nayeon on her twenty-fifth birthday. Spotting a bookstore at the nearest corner, Mina decided to head over there.

 

"Maybe I'll buy her a wedding book or something," she muttered.

 

"Men are from Mars, women are from Venus," she added thoughtfully. "Yeah, I could definitely start on that." She spotted the same book on a shelf. Seeing the prices, she said, "Yikes, I'm a little short on cash."

 

After thirty minutes of looking through shelves, Mina decided not to give Nayeon a book. She realized then that Nayeon wasn't much of a reader. She, Bambam, Jackson and Jihyo were the big readers in the family referring to her two older brothers and sister. "Where to?" she asked herself looking around the very busy mall. Necklaces? Earrings? Rings? Clothes? Shoes? No. Scratch those. She had thousands of those. What else?

 

Ah, what does Nayeon want?

 

Normally, she didn't worry over birthday gifts. It was her parents who would worry over that. But now, well, it felt appropriate. Or not. Mina just started giving gifts to Jackson, Bambam and Nayeon ever since they got married. And she was still in college. She had no idea where she got the money to buy gifts.

 

Mina blinked. She didn't real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter