FINAL

Magnetic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon stared at the computer screen in front of him, happy that the clock now said 4:00. That meant that he had only one hour left, and could head home to his solitude. Though he quite liked his job as a software engineer, at the end of the day, he still longed for the peace and quiet that going back to his apartment offered him. There he could simply chill with a glass of blush wine and a book, the only brething soul in his house being his cat, Kichona. Right now, he just had to push through this last hour, hoping his luck would hold. Luck for what, you might ask? Luck that he would continue to avoid Cho Seungyeon, the bane of his existence. Rolling his eyes, he shook his head in annoyance as he turned his mind back to his work. He didn't have, or want the time to spend thinking about someone like that. He would rather work an extra two hours per day than spend even a second too long in the other man's presence. 

 

The next forty-five minutes flew by, and Jihoon smiled as he began gathering his personal belongings to head over to clock out soon. Just as he stood up and started toward the direction of his freedom, he felt it: the tingle that tickled his spine, running down his back like a warm, cozy blanket. This feeling was something most people would welcome and enjoy, knowing that something wonderul was about to happen. However, Jihoon didn't want any part of it, even if Seungyeon was beautiful, both inside and out. It was this feeling that made Jihoon want to hurry and get the hell out of there.

 

Glancing over at the doorway, he sighed when he realized that he was way too late. Despite his best efforts, he locked eyes with Seungyeon, the tall, wiry man grinning at him boyishly as Jihoon ducked his head down to check and pretend to make sure he had everything he needed to escape. Fumbling with his keys, he dropped his pass card in the process. 

 

" my life," he membled under his breath, nearly butting heads with Seungyeon as his coworker straightened back up from picking up the dropped card. 

 

"Here you go, Jihoon. I hate it when I do that," Seungyeon grinned at him, the skin wrinkling at the corners of his beautiful, dark eyes as he held out the card. Jihoon managed a tight, forced smile before taking the card roughly and mumbling a 'thanks' before disappearing from the room. This abrupt departure left Seungyeon with a puzzled expression and even more curiosity for the feeling he got every time he was around Jihoon. It was all a mystery to him, but one he was determined to solve sometime soon. He wouldn't let Jihoon get away with avoiding him.

 

  ◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

 

As he had been planning, Jihoon went straight home, showered, then ordered take out from the local Korean restaurant. Once his food arrived, he the televison to the news station. While he tried to concentrate on what was happening in the world, all he could think about was Seungyeon's inviting, infectious personality and the cute way his eyes crinkled when he smiled. Jihoon had to admit that he was adorable, even though he was loud and clumsy and annoying, at times. What he was mostly against was the connection he felt toward him, something he knew for a fact would lead to true happiness. He had seen it a few times before amongst his friends, but still didn't want anyone to get that close. It wasn't worth it to him, being a very private person. 

 

The short young man jumped when the door bell rang, walking over to get the food he had ordered and hearing his phone go off at the same time. He didn't know who would be texting him at this time, but thought it might be his friend, Jun. He felt like a jerk, having completely forgotten that he had gone on a date with, when he had specifically asked Jun to tell him how it went. He smiled as he read the message, despite being tired from work. 

 

'He's perfect for me. I think this is finally going to be one that will work out.' Jihoon stared at the text, glad that the date had gone well and that Jun would likely be on his way to being in a great relationship. He was going to ignore the fact that his chingu had literally felt a pull to Kun, knowing that this soulmate bull was actually successful and not fake. He simply didn't want anything to do with it himself. 

 

'That's great, Jun. I'm glad you guys got along. It'll be a good relationship, from what I can tell.' Reaching over to get his glass of wine, he took a bite of his chicken before washing it down with the intoxicating liquid. He didn't want to think about this soulmate thing, and alcohol actually helped to numb the connection.

 

Turning back to the tv, he rolled his eyes when he saw that it was now on a stupid sitcom that he didn't ever want to watch. Changing the channel to a cooking channel, he turned his full concentration to food as he finished his own meal. All he wanted to do was go to bed and rest up for the next day, where he would have to deal with seeing Seungyeon again. 

 

              ◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

 

For the first four hours of the next work day, Seungyeon felt a as if a dark cloud was trying to take over his good mood, and despite his best efforts, he couldn't bring his spirit up. The tall young man tried to figure out what could be pulling him down, but couldn't think of anything. He had been in a good mood when he had walked into the office at 7AM, but as soon as he had been around Jihoon, he had felt like he was being dragged down by something.

 

Glancing over at the short, grumpy man, he began thinking about what his friend, Yibo, had said about soulmates. According to him, a person could feel their soulmate, whether they were around them or not. It was just something inside of everyone, like a magnetic pull to another person. Watching Jihoon, he began to wonder if they were connected. He figured that if they were, Jihoon would have felt it, too. That would explain his mood, especially since, how that he concentrated on feeling something, he could feel that the darkness was coming from Jihoon. This in itself caused him to become even more curious than before, and his mind was made up. He knew how he was going to handle th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter