Three

When the time comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               "Yah, Yerim-ah! What's taking you so long? Let's go" I really think that it's too early in the morning for you to be yelling at our residence like this.

               "Yerimie, Sooyoung's right, you two should get going" my mother called out, her voice, a lot calmer compared to the devil spawn like you.

                Summer vacation passed by like a blink of an eye, I got to visit you at Jeju together with my family, being one of the most memorable summer getaway for me. We only spent few days there but we were inseparable and you really did bring me to some places. It's fun walking around in a strange place when you're with someone you're comfortable with.

 

                "You are such a slow poke, Yerim" I heard you acknowledging my presence, as soon as I walked out of my house. I mocked you by imitating, receiving a weak punch to my arm. I had it all easy earlier today before even meeting you, but as I feel your hand that hit my right arm smoothly slides to the sleeve of my blouse, intertwining your hand with mine, I realized it's never going to be easy with you.

                 I know I said that, I got used to your intimacy and not-so subtle touches but I still panic and go haywire, I still got this huge crush for you anyway. I can feel my cheeks burning, as your hand slightly press my hand.

                   "Do you like flowers?" you asked me out of nowhere, do I? I really don't know, no one has given me flowers before, so I wouldn't know.

                    "I guess?" turning my head expecting to meet your eyes, you shrugged your shoulders staring at the pavement we're walking on.

                    You chuckled as you gaze my way. "You guess that you like it?"

                    "I don't know, we have flowers in our house, I don't talk to them like how eomma talk to them, but I guess it's cute?" I answered, still hesistant as we both stand under the shed waiting for the next bus. We just missed one, and I blame you walking so slow.

 

               "You're the one that I needed to pick up, what are you saying" you replied with sass. Finally letting go of my hand, I think it's sweating, oh no, I don't think it is, it really is. I couldn't do anything but to divert my attention to the dry streets and scratch the non-existent itch on my head.

               "Why do you asked?" I inquired, pertaining to your prior question. I can see the confusion as your eyebrows furrowed, turning your head sideways to look at me, your brown eyes squinting. Why am I just realizing our height difference.

                "If I like flowers, do you?" I managed to ask before we heard another bus approaching our stop.

           You held my wrist, pulling me close to you as we ascend the bus. I stopped going in, motioning the old lady to come before me, she smiled brightly as she bows down, as I looked up, I see you watching me, still holding my wrist, the sun once again not missing a chance to cast its sunrays perfectly against your eyes, you smiled, the kind of smile that I adore the most.

           You sat by the window, as usual. As much as I want to sit there, I would always let you, I dont think you know that I would often throw tantrums to my parents when they wouldn't let me sit by the window.

            "So, do you like flowers?" I repeated the question.

              "Hmm, yeah, tulips"

 

             Learning new things about you, would never be not entertaining. Even when it's intentional or unintentional, like when you told me that you have never experience going in under the rain or that you don't know how to ride a bike, which reminds me that I have to teach you soon.

                 "I see, has Sehun given you? Is that why you're asking?"

                  You shook your head no. "No, I just literally asked out of nowhere Yerim, you're funny"

                "But you want flowers?" I go on.

                 "Who doesn't like flowers Yerimie?" I hear you asking rhetorically, I don't know where this conversation is going.

                 "I don't" I shrugged my shoulder, cackling softly, okay at this point I can feel myself just teasing you, I don't know why.

                 "You said, you like it, you idiot" you flicked my forehead, I complained as it stings.

                 "I said it's cute, I didn't say-"

                  "You don't like cute things?" you interrupted my statement, meeting my gaze, your arms extending at the seat in front of us. Your eyes glisten as it bores into me, waiting for my response. How could you look so adorable and breathtaking at the same time, it's like you're asking if I don't like you, because damn right, I do.

                 Blinking few times before finally being able to dodge your stare. The little gap that used to be, between us is nowhere to be found, moving a little further as I adjusted my sitting position. As if there is something to adjust.

                  "Yeah, I like them, but not the flowers" I managed to pull it out from my last working braincells.

 

                When we arrived at school, Oh Sehun approached you immediately, he looks so good, it's annoying. He's smiling widely that I could see his toothpaste commercial-material teeth. And from your stories I could tell that he is a great guy, but what would you guys be doing? You're too young for relationships as what would my mother would always say. You hold hands whenever he comes with us on our way home, you share foods, you give him your notes, which by the way are also from me, you laugh with him during lunch, before we officially had our summer vacation, we got to spent our lunch with him and his friends, they are nice, which makes it hard for me to hate Sehun. I even got a little bit closer to Chanyeol and Baekhyun, damn their funny jokes and witty puns.

                But you guys are not exclusively dating, you say. Okay first, what is that?

                "I'm not his girlfriend and he's not my boyfriend" you said. 

              So what? You're just two very close human being who likes to smile cling to one another most of the times? I don't understand but I didn't want to interfere so, I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter