I Can't Let Go (Even after everything)

Goodbye Winter

A few days have passed since the confrontation between Yena and Yuri, and while the former couldn’t cope with it well, the latter did. And they are currently on a date, eating in the convenience store near Hyewon’s workplace; Chaewon’s convenience store.

“Hi, welcome to TomiTomii! How may we help-” The girl at the cashier stopped when she saw who entered.

 

“Oh, Chaewon-ah. You work here? I thought you’d be in a giant building doing business or something” Hyewon laughed but Yuri sensed the tension in the atmosphere.

 

“Just take whatever you need and leave.” The person coming out of the storage room said, obviously not happy with the people that came.

 

“Oh, Hii-chan! You’re also here. This is fun! Let’s eat together, c’mon!” Yuri said, not minding the glare the smaller girl was giving to her.

 

“Just buy what you need and get out.” Hitomi continued, shocked faces were seen from the couple.

 

“Unnie, she told you to stop but you didn’t. Because of that, a rift has been made between all of us. Now, just do your business and leave this store.” Chaewon said but Hyewon was just getting mad.

 

“What do you mean? I didn’t do anything! I’m just here, buying Yuri something to eat! Is that bad?” Hyewon exclaimed, but Yuri kept trying to stop her outburst.

 

“Babe, let’s just go…”

 

“Seriously, she doesn’t even know anything! She can’t just spew out nonsense!” Hyewon said but Chaewon grabbed her on the shoulder, forcing her to look into the fairy’s eyes.

 

“Kkura-unnie told me everything. I knew ever since she saw you and Yuri out dating at the night market. Remember that? 2 years ago? A few weeks after you and Yena became official? Everyone knows, we just didn’t believe it at first. But now, it was true and the both of you just broke whatever was left from our friendship. Now. Leave.” Chaewon said as she closed-up her store for the day.

 

“Hyewon-unnie… What do we do now?” Yuri asked, fearing that their friends may avoid them now.

 

“What do you mean? Chaewon’s obviously lying! How could Kkura know about us when she was with Chaeyeon when we went out that night!?”

 

“We were there, idiot.” A voice said, anger found in her tone.

 

“Chaeyeon…” Hyewon said.

 

“I can’t believe this. She sacrificed everything for you, Yuri! Do you know how long she’s been crying her eyes out ever since she found you guys out? I love my sister, but we couldn’t even sleep well because of what you did to her!” Chaeyeon said as she was dragged by Sakura out of the place.

 

The couple just stood there, speechless. They returned home since they couldn’t continue their date with everything that just happened. They slept away from each other in hopes that everything was just a nightmare that was trying to get their guilt out.

 

It wasn’t. And it did get their guilt out.

 

“Yuri-ah, let’s break-up.”

 

“I know. Let’s stop this affair. I had Yena, and I know you had an eye on Eunbi-unnie for a while.”

 

                 

A few months later…

 

Yena was on her way to her last therapy session with Eunbi as her therapist. This has been going on for 4 months now aas per Chaeyeon’s request. The past few days, Yena has been feeling better; she does not gte the nightmares she had every night after the breakup, she has been happier each day and she has been returning to work. They arrived at the clinic for one last session but Yena did not expect what was about to happen inside.

 

“So, unnie… This is my last session right?” Yena asked as they arrived at the clinic.

 

“Yeah, it’s nice to know that you have been coping well with all the instructions I gave you.” Eunbi said as she patted Yena’s back.

 

“So what are we-”

 

*BANG

 

“SURPRISE!” The party poppers blasted through the room and everybody started cheering. Yena was shocked at the sight of her friends (excluding 2 certain lovebirds) all being inside the room. This brought Yena to tears and everybody cheered even more because they knew that those tears were tears of happiness.

 

“Congrats on a successful post-breakup season, Yena-ah.” Her sister, Chaeyeon said while hugging the now crying Yena.

 

“I love you guys.” They all approached the crying duck and had a group hug. All was going well until Sakura excused herself to go to the washroom because, in her words, “I can hear the call of nature from miles away and you all know what that means”.

 

They were all chatting until Sakura entered the room, holding a cake. With “Happy Birthday Yena” written on it.

 

Yena was still chatting with Yujin but suddenly stopped when she heard everyone singing happy birthday, and even Yujin sang too.

 

“Wait, it’s someone’s birthday? We have a new member-”

 

“Happy Birthday, Our Dear Yena

 

That’s when it all came to her.

 

It was HER birthday.

 

“Happy Birthday to you!!!” Everyone cheered as they finished singing and saw Yena on the side of the couch, hugging her knees, crying.

 

“Yena! What happened?” Chaeyeon quickly went to her and hugged her.

 

“I… I love all of you” Yena said as another wave of tears flowed out and everyone breathed a sigh of relief and started to crowd around her and another group hug happened.

 

They were all eating and partying until a voice entered the room and everyone was shocked to see the two people they were not expecting to arrive.

 

“MinMin!”
 

“Nako-unnie~”

 

The two maknaes rushed to the two girls and shocked everyone when Yujin hugged Minju… and kissed her. They were even more shocked to see Wonyoung and Nako… also kissing?

 

“I missed you, Jinnie~” Minju said as she circed her arms around the said girl’s neck and smiled.

 

“It’s been so long Wonyoungie~” Nako said after hugging the tall girl tightly.

 

“Looks like we have a lot of catching up to do.” Eunbi said and everyone continued partying.

 

 

After the party, the group parted ways, but not before giving each other their numbers in hopes of having another get-together.

 

“Thank you, Chaeyeon-ah… for everything. I’ll never forget this moment. Ever.” Yena hugged the girl and she returned it, with Sakura and Eunbi tearing up at the sight.

 

--

 

Yena returned to her work happier and more energized as ever. She worked as the head of security for one of Seoul’s largest buildings, ProduceX Enterprises. She worked for the country’s leading agencies that housed many famous actors, idols, and produces alike. She liked working for the company since she can use her skill of good leadership and reflexes to spot anything that may cause the company physical trouble. This is why the company made her the head of security since they trust Yena a lot (also because a close friend of hers, Wang Yiren, is the president of the company.)

 

“Boss, there is a commotion at the main lobby. Something about sasaengs flocking around the new idol that just signed at the company. What should we do?” One of the security personnel said and Yena was watching the scene through the CCTV footage.

 

“I’ll handle it. You know they put most of the security load on our end, so let’s finish this quick unless you want another sermon from Yiren.” Yena said and chuckled at the last part since Yiren scolding her team was the funniest memory they all had.


//Flashback//

 

“Yah, Yena-unnie! How could you let the reporters get through the main entrance!” The security team got quiet and put their heads down in embarrassment, but they all rose their heads when they heard laughter… from Yena.

 

“Oh, come on Yiren-ah. Those were just reporters taking shelter from the storm. They weren’t even tasked to cover our style of news! They are the media team covering the weather oh my god haha.” Yiren just pout at the statement and the whole security fell in love with the cute president.

 

//Flashback End//

 

“Ok ok what’s all the commotion about.” Yena said as she put on her security persona.

 

“We want to see her! We have gifts for her!” The “fans” chanted but Yena was having none of it.

 

“Just do that at the fansign! Who the hell even is the new idol here-” Yena was about to trigger almost all the fans until one voice spoke behind her.

 

“Me. And who the hell are you to command people around here-”

 

“Yena…” The idol rushed towards the girl but was stopped by the other security.

 

“Miss Jo, please let our head handle the commotion first.” The second-in-command, Jaehyung, said.

 

After the commotion ended and all the so called “fans” left, Yena brushed off the dust from her uniform and felt arms circling around her waist.

 

“Miss, you aren’t supposed to do that-” Jaehyung was about to move the idol away but Yena shooed him off with a look that says “I got this. I know her.” And Jae just saluted her, but smirking afterwards.

 

“I missed you, Yena-ah.” The idol said but was pushed away by the girl.

 

“You have nothing to miss about, Yuri.” Yena said, coldly.

 

“You don’t understand… Hyewon and I broke up after you left…” Yuri said and Yena was not showing any reaction but deep inside, she wanted to comfort the younger girl.

 

“We broke up since we couldn’t handle the guilt that our relationship brought. She’s actually with Eunbi-unnie right now actually.” Yuri explained but Yena was still reaction-less.

 

“I need to get back to work. We’ll just talk about this another time.” Yena then bid goodbye to her and went back to her office.

 

When she arrived at her office, she saw Yiren and Jaehyung inside; Yiren on her chair, and Jaehyung leaning on the bookshelf. They both gave her a look saying “EXPLAIN.” Yena just sighed.

 

“She’s my ex-girlfriend.”

 

 

“but even after all the therapy sessions I had after our break-up...”

 

 

 

 

 

“I still love her.”

 

 

 

 

 

Alright. Now we have a new part to the story... with the work life of our main characters now revealed. The final chapter will be out soon!