[1/1]

She’s So Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haeun doesn’t know when her fascination with Chaesol began exactly. Probably when her best friend, Jiwon, showed her Chaesol’s Instagram profile, which looked more like a modeling portfolio. Or maybe her awe solidified when she happened to randomly cross paths with the upperclassman at the student store and she was able to witness her visuals (and some of her personality) up close.

 

Moon Chaesol– their school’s resident goddess– had pierced through Haeun’s heart like an arrow shot by Cupid. No one else compared in beauty and grace, was what everyone said. At first, Haeun thought they were being extra, after all, she was just a girl. But then five minutes of mindless scrolling through her Instagram and watching whatever videos she filmed and Haeun was smitten.

 

There was a lot of Chaesol of course, but then Haeun saw that there were many shots of pretty flowers either used as dividers or as a color scheme for whatever outfit she had been wearing. Maybe it was just to keep the aesthetic but it just showed that Chaesol put a lot of effort into something so simple as social media.

 

Some could find it pointless, others probably thought it was to be expected, after all, she had an image to uphold both in-person and online. Haeun didn't fall at either end. Instead, she found it charming. Having the patience to color code everything and find the perfect background, the perfect pose, the right lighting and angles, Haeun was getting dizzy just thinking about it. Chaesol seemed like a bit of an airhead from first glance but this proved she was anything but.

 

Haeun's fascination, however, wasn’t the romantic kind. She had been converted into her fan (in secret, of course). Chaesol’s future was promising and Haeun wanted to be part of it and be alongside her in her journey (at a safe and respectable distance obviously). It was hard to explain why just looking at Chaesol brought her such immense happiness but it did and Haeun craved more of it. Chaesol didn't have to give her any attention back, she was happy simply watching her from afar.

 

That's why throughout high school, they never interacted (Haeun never dared). Besides a couple of insignificant times that were probably nothing for Chaesol but everything for Haeun, they never even said hi to each other. Some of those instances happened when they walked through the school halls at lunch. When they were on their way out of class to go home. Or maybe seeing each other by coincidence at the student store at the same time.

 

Haeun remembers one particular time where she wanted to buy banana milk but so did Chaesol and it was the last one. It was like something out of a rom-com. They were both searching– unaware of each other’s presence or proximity– and when they found it they reached at the same time. Their hands touched as a result and Haeun pulled back, so startled by Chaesol that she bumped against the shelf behind her. The older girl was so amused by the reaction that maybe that was why she gave up the last bottle.

 

“Here, it’s okay. I’ll take something else,” and she cooly turned her body a bit to the left and reached for a red carton of strawberry milk.

 

And that was that. It really was no big deal (and Chaesol probably doesn’t even remember her face) but for Haeun that [one-sided] interaction was something she never forgot. Haeun’s first year ended and she entered second-year, Chaesol’s third year and last. The pretty girl’s following online grew (unsurprisingly with her visuals) which attracted the attention of online clothing brands. Pretty soon, Chaesol got offers and began modeling for them. Thanks to that her status shot up even more.

 

When Haeun would catch glances of her in the halls, she felt like she got even prettier. Maybe because of the job but she seemed more professional somehow. Haeun doesn’t know how to explain it, like her aura, it just became brighter. If Haeun felt like she was unreachable before, it was nearly impossible now. But she was happy with admiring her from the sidelines. Chaesol was always surrounded by so many people, why would she notice someone like her?

 

When she thought like that, she only pushed her glasses up her nose higher and clutched her textbooks into her chest tighter. She had thought many times of going up to Chaesol and just... talk to her. The problem was that she had no idea what she would even tell her. That’s what usually made Haeun give up the idea quickly. She would only embarrass herself and then Chaesol would think she was some sort of weirdo.

 

However, she didn’t have to talk to her to get to know her. Haeun was smart and she could figure out other ways. This was Chaesol’s last year. She would be graduating and Haeun just had to do something. It was a given she was popular. Boys gifting her things wasn’t unusual. Them slipping love letters into her locker was a common sight. Many coming up to her to confess was an everyday thing. Sometimes Haeun envied their courage. Not the love confessions part but just... having the guts to approach her regardless of her response.

 

She didn’t want to be like them though. That’s why Haeun developed her own method. There were a few things she knew about Chaesol already. Like how she liked banana milk. She liked to listen to music on her way home. Her favorite color was white (and maybe black too?). And she liked to take pictures of flowers. Haeun had seen her sometimes during free period or lunch as she took a walk and stopped just to aim her phone camera at newly bloomed flower buds in trees or bushes.

 

Now that she thought back on it, Haeun's sure that’s what started her fascination with photography. Because Chaesol liked to take pictures of flowers, Haeun bought a camera with her childhood savings so she could take as many pretty pictures from multiple different flowers from all across the city. She didn’t know what Chaesol’s favorite flower was but she was bound to like at least one of the many shots she took.

 

Haeun printed the best pictures and compiled them all into a scrapbook she decorated meticulously. To finish everything off, she wrote all the locations of where the flowers were from in case Chaesol ever wanted to see them in person. It was a project that took Haeun almost over a month to finish. Then she had to wait for the perfect moment to gift it to her so she did more waiting. She didn’t want to do it on a holiday or her birthday as other people would also give her gifts and hers would possibly be buried.

 

After much deliberation, Haeun planned to do so after school on a day Chaesol had to stay behind and clean the classroom. Most people would be gone as they headed home or to take after school lessons at other academies, it was the only chance Haeun had.
 

She wrapped the scrapbook in the prettiest wrapping paper she could find– a beautiful pink cherry blossom pattern– and also wrote her a card to go with it. The card wasn’t anything heartfelt or any sort of confession. It was very simple yet contained her sincerity. It said something along the lines of:

 

“I noticed you like to look at flowers. I went all around the city to find different kinds of pretty flowers and put them together in this book. When you’re stressed or having a hard time and want to take a break, you can take a walk to any of these places and look at the flowers and hopefully feel better.”

 

No name on the card or the gift. She closed her message at the bottom with a "Please take care of yourself" and nothing more. This was Chaesol’s last year of high school which was known to be super stressful for many students. Haeun hoped her gift would be useful to her and if not, then she hoped Chaesol would at least recognize how much effort went into making it. It was not easy! Not even school projects earned this much work from her.

 

Haeun left the gift in her shoe locker (because Chaesol needed her shoes to go home so she would obviously find the scrapbook). Since the gift was nameless, she hoped Chaesol would at least recognize that the handwriting had to belong to a girl. A guy making something so detailed and nice? Ha! They wished.

 

Haeun hid behind a corner and waited to make sure Chaesol got her gift. Finally, Chaesol seemed to be done with cleaning duty and when she opened her locker she seemed taken aback by the big item taking up space on top of her shoes. She turned it all over to inspect it but she didn’t open it. She didn't look around either, most likely thinking whoever left it must be long gone by now. Chaesol simply put the gift in her backpack, slid her walking shoes on, and went home.

 

Haeun was happy and with a hop in her step, she went home. Her happiness didn't last for long, unfortunately. She grew worried as she noticed Chaesol began to miss school. It started slowly and then gradually increased in frequency. On the days Chaesol did come, she looked so exhausted. It wasn’t unusual to catch her sleeping between classes or during lunch. Because of that, some rumors about her arose. Things such as her having become a trainee and she was going to debut as an idol. 

 

It certainly made sense. It would be surprising if she didn’t get scouted by an entertainment company. Haeun had known all along it would only be a matter of time. The whole school was talking about it. She was the topic of conversation among everyone. Even Jiwon always talked to her about it. On the outside, Haeun seemed like she couldn’t care less but on the inside, she was combusting.

 

“Did you hear? Chaesol told some people she is a trainee but she didn’t say what company,” Jiwon told her first thing as she sat down with her lunch tray to eat beside her.

 

Haeun acted indifferently. “Okay? Good for her.”

 

Jiwon rolled her eyes. “I think it’s cool. Haven’t you ever wanted to be an idol?”

 

Haeun practically laughed in her face. “God no. I got two left feet, I can’t sing, and I don’t even have the looks. That’s a triple failure right there.”

 

Jiwon hit her shoulder. “You just need to ditch the glasses and put on a little bit of makeup. You act as if you look like Frankenstein.”

 

Haeun shook her head. “Just eat your food.”

 

Her? An idol? Please. People like her didn’t become idols. That was reserved for someone that shone brightly when they smiled and made time run in slow motion when they walked down the halls. Someone that walked like they had a theme song following them everywhere they went and anything they did looked like they were shooting a commercial. Like Chaesol for example. Haeun could never.

 

 

 

In the blink of an eye, it was graduation for the seniors AKA Chaesol’s class. Haeun came, of course just to see her. She wore a disguise (a mask and black cap) and brought a professional camera to take pictures. This one was better than the one she had bought herself. She had gotten it not too long ago as an early birthday present (she begged her parents and swore on her life she would get good grades to pay them back for it).

 

No one recognized her and if they did, they didn’t pay her any mind. She was officially Chaesol’s first fansite (at least that she was aware of). When her name was called to go up the stage and retrieve her diploma, Haeun clicked the shutter like no tomorrow. She wanted to catch every second. Her smile was mesmerizing. Her happiness was contagious. Were people seeing this? There was an angel on stage, why is everyone so calm?

 

When Haeun got home, she got to editing the pictures. She had done lots of research for weeks and watched several video tutorials on how to use photoshop. It took her a long time but she was very satisfied with the final result. She couldn’t believe she took these pictures herself. They weren’t half bad at all. Hmm, maybe she had found her niche.

 

Now, she needed to upload them. She had to share with the world the art that was Moon Chaesol. Twitter was the most popular place so she went with it. She hadn’t made an account yet but she had been thinking about it. She playfully made a list of possible usernames to call herself That involved a play on words with Chaesol’s name one way or another.

 

In the end, out of all the options she thought of, she went with the cutest one (in her opinion).

 

@luna_and_sol

 

Luna was Spanish for “moon” which was Chaesol’s last name. And sol meant “sun” but it was also a reference to her name from the “Sol” in “Chae-Sol.” Haeun thought it was clever. (Having taken one year of Spanish in middle school had her becoming a bit obsessed with the language).

 

She made her account and wrote a simple description.

 

“Fansite of Moon Chaesol. Do not edit pictures. Do not crop logo out or repost w/o permission”

 

You know, the usual.

 

Haeun never had a stan account before but she had had an idol phase in middle school (she had a lot of phases now that she thought about it) so she knew how these things worked. Surprisingly, people followed her right away. Not many of course. On day one she got like 52 followers. That was still something. But she wasn’t doing this for clout. She was doing this because she wanted to support Chaesol sincerely.

 

Since she graduated, Haeun didn’t see her anymore, and to make matters worse, she suddenly deleted her Instagram. At least she was still doing pre-debut modeling work for the clothing brand she was hired by. They released numerous photos of her and whenever there was something new, Haeun would upload it to her account.

 

Anything that was Chaesol she wanted to share with everyone. Months passed and she managed to gain a total of 2k followers compared to when she first started. Many people complimented Chaesol’s good looks and others wondered what company she was a trainee under so they could support her.

 

People sent Haeun DMs asking if she knew more about her but she replied honestly saying she didn’t know but would remain on the lookout for her and provide any news about her first hand when revealed.

 

A year approximately passed like that until finally some news! An announcement for a new girl group debut called Lucky Seven from an unknown company named G7 Entertainment. Haeun was always on the lookout for any new girl group announcements hoping that Chaesol would be a member and this had been no different. Finally, she had gotten good results!

 

The members had been revealed one by one this past week and sure enough, Chaesol was the fifth member to be revealed out of a group of seven girls total. She had no stage name. She was using her real name which, in a way, Haeun was glad for. Immediately, she retweeted the post on her account, now with over 5k followers, and multiple messages of congratulations were sent her way.

 

 

“You finally get to see Chaesol debut!”

 

“Is that really Chaesol? Congrats!”

 

“You’ve endured a long time fansite-nim!

 

“Waaahhh congratulations!”

 

Haeun couldn’t wait. And Luckily the debut date for the group would happen after Haeun graduated, which meant that stanning her wouldn’t come between her and her studies. She wasn’t planning on going to a competitive university so, although she kept high grades, her senior year wasn’t as stressful as others who were losing their minds studying.

 

She had decided she would study photography and already had her eyes set on a university that had an amazing program. All she needed to do was get accepted. On her way to take the college entrance exams, she thought her eyes were deceiving her when she saw Chaesol  near the entrance. No, she wasn’t hallucinating, that was definitely Chaesol. 

 

What was she doing here!? God, Haeun wished she had her camera! Oh well, her phone would have to do.

 

Multiple people were walking ahead of her so when she got her phone out to take pictures, no one paid her any attention. Chaesol was here to cheer for the senior taking exams today and she was being filmed about it. Probably for some pre-debut show for her group. Haeun was just happy she got to see her again.

 

She didn’t take many photos, just a couple, and like always Chaesol looked unreal in them. This had to be a sign. Chaesol being here was her lucky charm. No doubt she would do well on her exams now. Haeun tried to collect herself. She held onto her bag straps tightly and took a deep breath, ready to walk past Chaesol normally until–

 

“YO!” Jiwon came out of nowhere and hit her on the back as a greeting.

 

Haeun immediately screamed from the pain which attracted the gazes of everyone, surely wondering who was being so loud and chipper this early in the morning.

 

“Ready?”

 

Haeun felt about ready to kill her. They both made their way inside, Chaesol giving them an enthusiastic “good luck!” and a smile. Jiwon apparently hadn’t seen her until she got close so she gasped. 

 

Only when they were at a safe distance away from her did she dare talk. “Was that Moon Chaesol just now? Wow, she got prettier.”

 

Haeun agreed in her mind. Time seemed to favor Chaesol kindly. She looked more stunning than before. “She looks the same.”

 

Jiwon frowned. “You’re so mean. Show some more liking for her! Maybe you could have been featured in her show if you had been friends with her when she was our senior.”

 

Haeun scoffed. “Not a chance.” Her? Friends with Chaesol? In what universe?

 

The two spent the whole day at school taking the exams on all subjects. Their high school wasn’t your typical school that only focused on academics. They were a humanities-centered school so they were both going for universities the focused on the arts. (There were still some students that focused on academics because the competition wasn't as fierce since it wasn't the majority of them).

 

Haeun had already said she wanted to study photography (in a way because of Chaesol) and Jiwon wanted to major in music because it was the only thing that called out to her. She didn’t necessarily want to be a singer, Jiwon was never good with crowds and also had stage fright, but she would figure it out. They both had time.

 

“We did it!” Jiwon said with a groan. She stretched her arms high over her head as they walked out of the premises.

 

Haeun let out a sigh of relief as well. She felt confident they would both do well. They had been studying all year for this and she was sure their efforts wouldn’t be in vain. But also... Chaesol had wished her luck. God, she was so cheesy. She would never say things like that out loud.

 

When she got home, the first thing she did was upload the pictures she took earlier of Chaesol to her Twitter fan account. She didn’t have to do much editing, Chaesol always looked perfect, but she did watermark her pictures with the Luna&Sol logo she was known for.

 

“Woah! Either OP knew Chaesol would be there or they got lucky!”

 

“I wonder what she’s filming?”

 

“Master-nim do you know Chaesol personally?” 

 

Haeun didn’t answer personal questions like that. She didn’t want her online persona and her real-life self to mix because they were quite different. She didn’t KNOW Chaesol personally per se, but Haeun considered her more of her good luck charm? She was someone that made her happy and made her view life more positively. Haeun replied that it had been mere luck for them to cross paths today.

 

Sure enough, the positivity had transferred though and Haeun got exam scores high enough to get into the university she wanted. Jiwon called her minutes after she found out saying how she had passed too. The two were losing their minds and just screaming through the phone. They celebrated promptly and were excited to soon start this new chapter in their lives.

 

 

 

Today was L7’s debut (the abbreviation for Lucky Seven) and finally, Haeun would see Chaesol again. The name was cringy and could’ve used some work in Haeun’s opinion but it didn’t matter. She was happy all her hard work had paid off and felt super proud. The girls were scheduled to have their debut stage live just hours after their music video release.

 

Haeun had woken up at the crack of dawn to stream and then get ready to head at the music show. Dressed in her familiar black face mask and cap, she was out the door with her DSLR. Her parents wouldn’t question her whereabouts and gave her more freedom since she achieved what she promised them and got into university and a scholarship.

 

When she reached the line for MusicBlast (that wouldn’t be let in until six hours from now), she found herself watching their debut music video on her phone. The concept teasers had been chic and strong but the song ended up being lively and cute. Chaesol seemed like she had more screentime than actual lines but that was to be expected in a group. Chaesol couldn’t get all the lines.

 

For a couple hours, the line was only one, mixed fans from many different groups just waiting. Later on, staff members came out to split everyone according to the fandom they belonged to (who they were here to see). Haeun knew Lucky Seven wouldn’t have a big following but she was surprised. There had to be at least twenty of them, certainly more than she expected for an unknown rookie girl group.

 

She would make sure Chaesol and her group felt the support. The only good thing about stanning a new girl group was that they usually went in first so Haeun was glad they could get things quickly over with. No artists had arrived yet but that would change soon. Haeun set up her camera and checked all her settings were correct. It was really cold out but she was dressed for the occasion– a large padded coat and a scarf. She was prepared. Other casual fans around her got curious about her expert equipment.

 

“Are you a fansite?” Someone asked.

 

Haeun didn’t verbally answer and only nodded bashfully. She was still new to this but she must look like an expert.

 

“What’s your at so we can follow?” A couple of guys asked next.

 

Now that she noticed, she was the only girl among their fans, yikes.

 

Haeun quickly took out her phone and showed them her profile. Immediately their eyes grew in surprise. “You’re Luna&Sol?”

 

She was taken aback by the intensity. Everyone seemed to hear the exclamation as well and were now looking at them in awe. Haeun looked around and bowed in greeting. She didn't think everyone would know her.

 

“Oh wow! I’m a big fan! I really like Chaesol because of you!”

 

“Your pictures got me into Chaesol and L7!”

 

“Luna&Sol is a girl?”

 

That last one earned an eye roll from her. Thankfully, a van pulled up and Haeun focused back on what she came to do. When the door opened and she spotted a familiar girl from Chaesol’s group, she knew it was time. Fans realized and cheered loudly, losing their minds in the process. Jumping, calling their names, waving fanmade banners and signs, it was more chaotic than Haeun expected.

 

Some of the girls were clearly shocked to see fans lined up for them and Haeun found herself smiling behind her mask. Chaesol was taking her time coming out of the van but when Haeun noticed her, she clicked the familiar shutter endlessly as she had done at her graduation. She had missed taking pictures.

 

Haeun changed her position and followed Chaesol only, still clicking away. The group then did their team greeting and not once did Haeun stop the picture attack. She didn’t scream, she didn’t freak out, she never lost her cool when taking pictures. Lucky Seven passed by and entered the building and Haeun swore Chaesol focused on her for a few seconds. She most likely noticed she was only taking pictures of her.

 

Once inside the girls of Lucky Seven felt like they could breathe. They were so nervous. It never crossed their minds that they would have fans waiting for them outside but they were so happy.

 

“Did you all see Chaesol-unnie already having her own fansite?” One of the younger girls, Seline, teased.

 

Chaesol laughed. “What do you mean? She was taking pictures of all of us!”

 

A different girl from before, Sunn, spoke up next while playfully wiggling her index finger. “No way, unnie. She had that telescope lens locked only on you.”

 

“She was also the only girl,” another member, Belle, pointed out. She exchanged knowing looks with Sunn and both girls wiggled their eyebrows suggestively. “Wow, Chaesol-unnie bringing in the girls. Ayo, girl crush vibes, that's wassup.”

 

"More like girlfriend vibes," Seline joined their teasing and they all laughed.

 

“No, that’s not true,” Chaesol politely denied. She wasn’t going to tell them how she was really happy to have a girl present among the male fans.

 

They liked all their fans of course, but pulling someone in of the same gender was like... a huge achievement and a big ego boost. Chaesol was happy the first female fan of the group biased her.

 

 

 

Inside the music show, Haeun couldn’t take pictures but she was sure the official show site would take care of it. There were so many instances Haeun just wanted to take her camera out and snap away but then she would get in serious trouble. She monitored their performance quietly. The song was honestly not her cup of tea but it was catchy. Overall they did very well and she was proud, especially of Chaesol.

 

The exciting part would be after this because they had scheduled an impromptu fan meeting for those that attended their debut stage today. Haeun would be able to take all the pictures she wanted.

 

They did the meeting outside, at the side of the building so they wouldn’t be blocking anything. Haeun set up her camera in the back center and recorded the whole thing, not worried about not being able to take pictures of Chaesol because she had a smaller compact camera (her old one) that sure, wasn’t the quality of a DSLR, but it still did a pretty good job for how long she’s had it for.

 

Lucky Seven noticed her preparedness and had to about it.

 

“Miss, you seem really prepared,” the leader of the group .

 

Haeun nodded and gave them a thumbs up. She felt like she was officially a director recording for them.

 

“Whose fan are you?” She asked just for fun.

 

Haeun pointed at Chaesol with her hand politely without saying a word. She wanted to build this mysterious aura around herself because she wanted to keep as much information about herself private.

 

Chaesol immediately beamed. “Thank you so much!”

 

“You’re her fansite exclusively? You don’t want to take pictures of me?” Their maknae, Semi, acted cute in hopes to win her over.

 

“Hey, get your own!” Chaesol jokingly scolded which earned a laugh from everyone.

 

“Alright. Who wants to be my fansite?” Tons of hands shot up for Semi from the fans.

 

Chaesol looked back at Haeun and gave her a playful wink and a heart. Haeun almost fainted then and there.

 

 

 

Haeun started university but was able to enroll in online classes to have more free time being a fansite. Her whole life didn’t necessarily revolve around Chaesol but she saw it was a “healthy” past-time (at least for now). She didn’t consider herself an obsessive fan. 

 

Photography also helped her earn some extra cash. Sometimes while waiting for L7 activities, other groups would attend and Haeun would take pictures of them. She could then sell them to online news sites as a freelance photographer and they could use them on their articles. It wasn’t a lot but she’d take it.

 

If she took pictures of popular idols, that would earn her more money but that would also require her to get into dangerous territory and she didn’t feel like going into a boxing ring just yet. She’d seen how rough a crowd can get when it comes to getting good shots. She was happy with what she was doing.

 

Haeun has attended all of L7’s fansigns and in all of them Chaesol had looked so ethereal. She took amazing pictures and her Twitter base was steadily growing, now at 12k. This wasn’t only good for Chaesol but the group as a whole as it could serve to bring them popularity. Haeun wished for Lucky Seven to be very popular and for Chaesol to do well for a long long time.

 

“You’re here again without fail,” Chaesol smiled.

 

Haeun nodded without saying anything. As always, she was wearing her signature black cap and mask. Sometimes she wondered if she took them off, would Chaesol remember they went to school together?

 

“You are my fansite but you’ve never told me your name.”

 

Haeun hesitated. Out of all the times they had interacted, it had always been one-sided with Chaesol carrying the full conversation in the form of yes or no questions. The first time Chaesol was met with Haeun’s hesitance to talk, the idol thought the girl was mute. Really, she just preferred not to talk because she was really shy and feared to make a fool of herself.

 

Haeun wordlessly asked for Chaesol to give her the marker. She’s always signed her albums without an owner. Now that would change.

 

Haeun wrote her name at the top of the page with Chaesol’s picture as “Luna.” She returned the marker to Chaesol and flipped the album around to show her.

 

The older girl read it and was hit with a sense of realization. “Luna because your logo is Luna&Sol? I’m Sol so you’re Luna?”

 

Haeun was happy Chaesol understood the pun. Technically Luna was because of her last name but Haeun needed an alias so she’d take it.

 

“It’s pretty.”

 

Haeun wanted to say that she was prettier but couldn’t. She only bowed in acceptance.

 

The rest of the fansign felt like it passed in a blur. She had attended all of them but they always left her sad when they were over. Lucky Seven said their goodbyes and the fans began to disperse and head home. She too went home, knowing she had a school assignment to finish before midnight. She’d do it right after uploading the pictures she took.

 

 

 

Just like that, a year passed and L7 had three comebacks in that time. They had done very well with this last comeback, attracting many new fans and even doing relatively well on the charts considering they were rookies from a no-name company.

 

More fansites for the girls surged as well and although common for fansites to naturally grow close, Haeun preferred to keep her privacy. Some fans saw her as being stuck-up but whatever. Haeun didn’t care about their opinion. She never did anything, she was only here to support Chaesol and the group (but mainly Chaesol. If stans saw you swerving from your supposed lane they could take serious offense).

 

Some rumors even arose about her as to why she was always so secretive but again, Haeun paid them no mind. It didn’t help that it was always the men that seemed to have the most to say. Why the did they care about her showing her face? They needed to leave her alone and mind their own business.

 

“I heard she’s got a face tattoo.”

 

“I heard she got plastic surgery gone wrong.”

 

“I heard she was in a car accident and the bottom of her face is deformed.”

 

And they purposely said like that really loud too so she could hear them. Haeun hoped they choked on their spit. Just because she happened to be the fansite with the most followers (now 62.5k). It’s not her fault Chaesol became one of the most popular members so her pictures were some of the ones most sought after. Jealousy was an ugly color. 

 

But not everyone was bad. A couple of smaller fansites were nice to her. At first, they were taken aback by her lack of speech but then they realized that was a role she purposely chose and they were fine by it. They always said hi, talked to her with yes or no questions so she could answer with nods or shrugs (it wasn’t that hard), and stood in line together and saved spots.

 

Haeun wasn’t going to go eat with them afterward (maybe someday) but she was thankful they at least respected her. It was two people in particular. A fansite for Belle named Bella Notte (so cute) and a fansite for Sunn named VIVA LA SUNN (exactly that way. In all caps). The two represented the biases they stanned pretty accurately. They were both girls too so it helped that they had each other’s backs.

 

Sure, not all male fans were bad but Haeun doesn’t know why almost all of them seemed to have a problem with her? She literally didn’t do anything. And L7 fans were mostly male to her dismay... she wondered if the guys would still act that way if the girls from L7 knew of their ty behavior.

 

Today they were at a festival far from the city, at a local university. The response from the students for Lucky Seven wasn’t bad. In the beginning, they were a bit hesitant but then they heard their most popular song and immediately recognized who they were so the cheers became louder and genuinely more enthusiastic. Haeun felt proud that they were getting their name out there.

 

“Is everyone having fun tonight?” The leader asked into the mic.

 

Haeun has managed to get front row even though she wasn’t a student. She had her trusty baby (her camera) with her and was snapping away for Chaesol. The girl seemed to recognize her in the crowd so she waved and Haeun managed to catch every instance. She felt her heart leap with happiness and excitement.

 

At the end of the set, Haeun decided to pack up and leave so the people behind her could see the other idols they were here for. She tried to do so in an orderly manner as to not disturb anyone. Once she had collected everything she walked out. Other fans of L7 could be seen walking out as well.

 

Haeun readjusted her cap and kept her face down to keep a low profile. She purposely tried to stay away from fans she knew didn’t like her. Not because she was intimidated but she just didn’t want any trouble. She could easily put them in their place but she just let them be. She decided to go to the bathroom in the meantime.

 

She wouldn’t meet any of the male fans in there. She went to do her business and was washing her hands when some of the L7 members entered. Haeun froze while staring at them through the mirror. She didn't have her mask on! Haeun quickly got out of there without even drying her hands. If her feeling was right then Chaesol could appear too and she didn’t want to get caught.

 

“Was that Luna-nim?” Belle asked her members as she saw the retrieving figure dressed in all black.

 

“I think so,” Sunn stared in the direction of the door. "She had no mask on. Did you see her face?"

 

Belle shook her head.

 

"Dang it."

 

 

 

“Haeuuun! Pleaseee! Do me this favor and I’ll never ask you for anything again!”

 

“You always say that! You’re such a liar! In two days you’re going to be asking me for something else,” Haeun grumbled into the phone.

 

“Please Haeun! I’ll treat you out to tteokbokki when I get paid,” Jiwon begged.

 

“Deal.”

 

Jiwon had asked her to go to their former high school and pick up the transcripts she had ordered last week. There was a service that delivered them for you but Jiwon was cheap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter