The Princess

The Princess and the Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After two years of that night, the queen birthed the king’s child. The king was joyful, and hosted a party at the palace that invited all the citizens as he presented her to his people. The citizens were glad, and chanted her name after the king announced it. Her name is Minji.

 

The king and queen raised her with kindness. She was taught that values and morals are important in everyone’s lives and that the citizens' needs shall be always met because that is what a future queen should do.  She grew up to be an intelligent, polite and rational woman and her parents are glad of what she had become. She was somewhat reserved in front of other people, but with her friends, she is loud and doesn’t really act like a princess.

 

 

Minji is in the library reading a book about the history of the kingdom when she hears a certain voice that is always shouting in the hallways.The voice nears the room that she is in and she prepares her ears.

 

“-ji? Minji?” The doors open with a loud thud and she winces slightly from the noise. 

 

“Minji! There you are! I’ve been looking everywhere for you!” The person says and Minji can hear the loud steps stopping in front of her. 

 

She heaves a sigh and puts down her book, “You shouldn’t be loud, Bora.” She massages her temples trying to prevent a headache from coming, “My ears are ringing from the loudness of your voice.”

 

“Excuse me, Your Highness.” Bora bows, and raises an eyebrow. “Would you give me the honor to beat you up?”

 

Minji glares at Bora and the other returns it with the same intensity. Both girls have an evil glint in their eyes. After a few seconds, Minji erupts into laughter and Bora follows her.

 

“Why are you holding yourself up here?” Bora says as she takes a seat across Minji, an evident slight disgust in her features. “You’re reading that boring book again?”

 

“It’s still early, Bora.” Minji replies, her attention back to the book that she’s been reading. “And besides, this book isn’t boring, you know?” Minji justifies, putting a bookmark on the page that she stopped on, “It has the recent history about the kingdom before I was born, before we were born. It’s interesting for me. You say it’s boring but isn’t your favorite subject history though? ”

 

Bora nods, propping her arms on the table, “But I read that already, the details have been embedded in my mind so it’s boring for me now.”

 

Minji has her eyes widened in disbelief but she giggles in the end. “Whatever you say, Bora.”

 

Bora laughs in return, “I’m curious on the last page of that book though. It talks about how the Head Knight promised that his child would serve the King’s firstborn. You’re the firstborn, and there would be someone who is going to serve you. So why aren’t they here?”

 

Minji shrugs, standing up. “I don’t know. I have not asked Father about it, yet. I might ask later if it crosses my mind. “Shall we go to Handong? She’s supposed to arrive today.”

 

Bora beams, also rising to her feet. “Let’s go!”

 

 

“Handong!” Minji squeals as she runs to her friend, hugging her tightly. 

 

Handong only hums, and pats the former’s back. “We just saw each other two days ago, Minji unnie.”

 

“It’s been too long though,” Minji whines, backing out from the hug, “Bora’s been pestering me too much. I feel like my soul has left my body.” 

 

She ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter