Prologue

The Princess and the Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue:


 

It was a peaceful day at the palace. The guards were doing their rounds as usual, the maids were scattered around the palace doing their assigned work, and numerous soldiers sparring on the training grounds. The king stares at his kingdom from the balcony, a smile plastered on his face. He hears a couple of polite knocks on the door of the throne room and so he goes back inside, sitting on his throne.

 

“Come in.” His firm tone booms on the empty room, and a man clad in armor enters the room. 

 

The man walks inside and stops a few yards away, bowing his head. “Your Majesty, I have come back from the mission that you tasked.”

 

“What is the situation on the West border?” The king asks. “Also, you can raise your head now.”

 

The knight clears his throat, “I’m afraid it is becoming worse, Your Majesty. Bandits have taken hostage of a town and they demand your presence or else they will slaughter all of the people that they have taken hold of.”

 

“What did you say to them?”

 

“I told them that I would consult you first on the matter. They gave us three days to decide.”

 

The king puts a hand under his chin as if thinking, “What do you think I should do?”

“I suggest that you have to go there, Your Majesty. When I spoke to the leader of the bandits, they were clearly in a state of distress and I think they have problems that only you can solve. If any problems or danger arise, I will protect you with my life.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter