Chapter 1.0

CW-19
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘On today's highlight, a huge surge of deaths caused by the newly-formed infection that first made its appearance last year has claimed a total of 943,367 deaths around the world in a day. Health experts say that..’

 

The woman on the TV spoke with a mask on. It’s been weeks since she changed her appearance. But between work and health, I suppose the 39-year-old woman had chosen to give up on the latter. I would’ve probably pitied her for making that decision.. Or perhaps not. Some people just love their dollars too much. 

 

Reaching out to my phone by the side of the sofa, I flickered my thumb to the side of the device, frowning at the massive number of notifications thrown at it while I’m lazing around in the house after the news of city lockdown by the government just 6 hours ago. 

 

I should be heading to school now but ehh.. A few more potato chips won’t hurt. 

 

Walking towards the shut-in windows, I casually opened the fridge and paused. Silently closing back the door, I walked towards the sofa and regretted the past few hours of me binge eating while chasing after movie hours on the screen.

 

Sometimes, I don’t even know whether the government is helping us for real or not.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter