four

colours ➳♡ kmg x yjh

jeonghan sits across from him, sipping his drink. his eyes occasionally glance towards mingyu who stares out the window of the cafe. 

 

"what you said back there, did you really mean it?" he asks, eyes curiously searching mingyu's for an answer. the younger scratches the back of his neck, cheeks flushing. 

 

"kind of. i mean, yeah. i did mean it. i just-," he stumbles over his mumbled words. "i just didn't imagine it to be the way i was going to confess to you," he rushes the last few words out in one breath, immediately grabbing his iced coffee and drinking it so he could shut himself up and not embarrass himself in front of jeonghan even more. 

 

"well, how were you going to confess, then?" jeonghan tilts his head, a smile playing on his lips. 

 

"i..." mingyu frantically tries to come up with an answer, looking anywhere but at jeonghan. truth is, he never really did think that far ahead. he always thought he should try to get closer to jeonghan before trying to ask him out. turns out he didn't really need to. "i haven't thought that far ahead yet. being here with you is more than i could've ever asked for, so i guess i don't have any more of a reason to plan a surprise date for you..." he trails off, sighing quietly. at this point, he was rambling to himself more than he was talking to jeonghan. 

 

"does that mean i'm not getting any more big surprises or nice dates like this?" the older pouts childishly, clearly knowing the effect he had on mingyu. the younger nearly chokes on his drink, evidently flustered. 

 

"th-this was a date?" 

 

"it wasn't meant to be, but since i know how you feel now, i'll make it all the more worthwhile," jeonghan teases. 

 

mingyu really, really wants to ask him if he felt the same way, since he said that. but he would never dare to. as much as jeonghan is sweet and caring, he was also intimidating. even after knowing him for years, he still found himself feeling small next to jeonghan sometimes, although in reality he towered over him. instead, he settles for clearing his throat and saying,

 

"i-i can still plan a nice date for you," he looks down, blushing hard. "i-if you want me to, that is. i-i understand if you don't, it's totally fine if you say no, i promise there won't be any hard feelings! i just thought that maybe you-," he's cut off by jeonghan putting his hand over his on the table. god, his hands were so soft. he could hold them forever. he never wants to let go. 

 

"i would love to," the older smiles softly at him, regarding mingyu with an affectionate look. 

 

"o-oh. okay then," he smiles to himself, already thinking of places jeonghan would like to go and what type of cuisine he would enjoy.