three

colours ➳♡ kmg x yjh

"mingyu! wanna go shopping?" jeonghan smiles his sweet, charming smile, and mingyu can't find it in himself to refuse. 

and that's how they ended up here, with mingyu thinking about how today jeonghan is purple. he watches as the older excitedly picks up some outfits from the shop, dragging mingyu by his arm. he only smiles softly, his eyes full of adoration as he watches jeonghan sift through countless tops and coats. 

"what do you think?" jeonghan holds up a completely black outfit. black shirt, black suit jacket, even black pants. 

"are you feeling like the colour black today?" he answers the question with one of his own, although, he had to admit jeonghan did look devastatingly attractive in the outfit he had picked. 

"not really, i just thought this outfit looked nice," jeonghan says simply. "why?" 

"you're purple today," mingyu states. all the members know about mingyu's condition, but they never really talked about it. 

"today?" the older raises his eyebrows, dropping the outfit into his basket. 

"yeah," mingyu starts wandering around the shop leisurely. "you know how i associate everyone with a colour? like how seungkwan is a light baby blue and how hansol is a forest green?" 

jeonghan nods, still not understanding how this relates to his question. 

"well, everyone except you. i don't know what colour you are. sometimes you're pink, sometimes you're grey, and other times you're blue. today, you're purple. you're every colour there is, and i really, really like that about you," he finds himself unintentionally confessing his feelings, and catches himself before he can ruin their friendship anymore than he already has. mingyu looks away in embarrassment and continues to look around the shop, picking up a few outfits occasionally. as if he didn't just gush about a certain yoon jeonghan right in front of said person. god, he's so stupid. 

jeonghan tilts his head, a slight smile on his face. 

"maybe i should pick up a purple outfit, then?" the corners of his mouth curl up, as he beams at mingyu, reaching up to ruffle the younger's hair. 

mingyu thinks he hears jeonghan saying under his breath, "cute", but he must've been hearing things.