Chapter 22

You're Kidding Right?

Chapter 22 

Hanuel. 

I didn't go home. I drove straight to the woods. It wasn't that far so I got there quickly. I had my boots out in the open space of the car at the back so I put them on and started walking. I didn't think of anything at first. I just gazed at the scenery, it was once again beautiful to me. The glistening dew drops strewn on the soft grass and flowers, contrasting with the rough bark of the trees. I walked in deeper and deeper, hopping over cold grey stones with irregular sparkles emmiting off them. I was in deep enough to be lost... It turns out I was lost. I looked around me, it was suddenly dark due to the trees blocking out the sunlight. The trees.... They had giant claw marks slashed into the bark with dried out  sap sploched around it. I drew in a shaky breath, the sight of this made my knees go weak. Silence. That was I heard, no creature moved, no bird flapped, no wind blew. All of it was interrupted with a giant bang. 

"AAAH!" I cried as I covered my ears and plummeld to the ground. 

It was a gunshot. I was sure of it, it echoed and bounced off the trees. I started to hyperventilate due to my fear. I crawled slowly to the source of the sound, hand by shaky hand, foot by trembling foot I decsended up the hill. I slowly peeked over a rock. 

The Wolf. 

That kind, gentle wolf was lying on the ground. Blood pouring from its leg. 

"NO!" I cried as I scrambled to my feet and ran down towards it. 

"Omo, omo, what do I do?!" I rambled; on the verge of tears. 

The wolf's chest rised up and down quickly as it took in shallow breaths. 

I took off my coat and wrapped around it, it nearly fit but the wolf was too big. 

I looked to where the blood was rushing out. The silver of the bullet was very visible, from the cop, hospital and detective shows I've watched what you need to do is take out the bullet. So I pushed up my sleeves and went to pick it out. As soon as I touched it the wolf twisted its head around and fiercely barked at me. 

"Shh, please shh, it's gonna be okay, neh?" I asked; tears spilling over. 

It turned its head back down and I went to pick it out again. The wolf whimpered and cried a little but I managed to get the bullet out. After that I ripped the sleeve of my coat off and wrapped it tightly around the wound. I can't leave it here! I tried to grasp it in some way that would allow me to carry it back to me car. It whimpering was breaking my heart. I managed to half-carry it and it limped back to the car with me. After I had got it in the front seats (thank gawd they're joined together and really big!) of my car. I quickly ran around the other side and hopped in the car. The wolf laid it's big head across my lap as I slammed on the pedals and raced off. I needed to get home, get the phonebook and phone up a vet. It was only a matter of minutes before I was home and was carrying (sort of) the large animal inside. I helped it on the counter and went to fetch the phone book. After I found it I heard some wierd cracking noises coming from the kitchen. I walked in to see... 

A body.