Round 2: Fansites

Battle of the 99z
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is the first day of promotions for their latest comeback, and Yena is at her wit's end. She watches a certain red-haired and purple-haired twosome from the other side of the room, her bottom lip jutting out in annoyance. 

 

"Unnie!" She hears Yuri whine at Hyewon's teasing, and the other girl quickly halts with a chuckle, patting the younger girl's head.

 

To say that Yena is jealous is an understatement. She's annoyed, angry, livid even - not at Hyewon or Yuri, but at herself. Why? She knows who she likes - what she wants - but she she doesn't have the same confidence as Hyewon has when it comes to expressing her feelings. Yena is awkward with skinship and showing affection (with Yuri), while Hyewon is a natural.

 

Yuri loves skinship and affection too, but all Yena can do is tease and bicker with the younger girl, finding it difficult to show the same level of affection that she'd usually give to other members she treats as a real sibling. 

 

Yuri is no sibling in her eyes, after all.

 

She wishes she had the guts to step forward and take the younger girl's hand in hers while walking out of a schedule, or hug her whenever she feels like it. She is angry, because she knows that nothing will happen if things remain the way it is now. What's even worse is that there's a possibility that she will lose the girl of her dreams to her best friend.

 

She shudders. That's the absolute worst case scenario.

 

"Why the long face, Yena-unnie?" She doesn't even realise that the very two people she has been distracting herself from have made their way towards her. 

 

Yena is silent for a moment - she can't possibly let the younger girl know the truth. She's not ready at all. Apart from that, Hyewon has a protective arm around the redhead, her piercing gaze causing Yena to avert her eyes.

 

"I... Um, it's just nerves, I think." She lets out, reaching up to scratch her right cheek - a nervous habit she's developed over the years.

 

"Nervous? Unnie, you're always so confident. I find that a little hard to believe." Yuri giggles, and Yena, only hearing a pretty melodious laugh, laughs awkwardly. 

 

Hyewon side-eyes her co-99 liner, pulling the younger girl towards her. "Yuri, I want sikhye. Come with me?"

 

Yuri nods her head towards the girl, but stops and thinks. She suddenly turns her attention back to Yena. "I think you need a drink to calm your nerves. Come with us." 

 

The younger girl reaches for the blonde's hand and pulls her up to her feet, a twinkle in her eyes as she seeks out the blonde's gaze. "I'll pay." she adds with a wink and intertwined their fingers together.

 

Yena feels her cheeks warm, but can't help but chuckle herself. She'd probably let Yuri take her anywhere, really, so she knows it's a lost cause if she'd tried to refuse the girl.

 

Hyewon is baffled, unable to do anything as her arm falls back to her side - no longer across the shoulders of the redhead. Her eyes drift down to her and Yena's clasped hands and pouts. 

 

She wants to hold Yuri's hand too. 

 

"How about me, Yuri-ah?" Hyewon asks in a cute voice.

 

Yena almost couldn't believe her eyes. Hyewon just did aegyo on her own accord. 

 

It seems Yuri feels the same way too.

 

"Ah, unnie!" Yuri exclaims, her lips forming an 'o' in surprise. "Because you're so cute, I'll pay for you too!" she concludes with a laugh, shaking her head as she beckons the purple-haired girl to come and follow. "Let's go!" Yuri tightens her hold on Yena's hand and drags her towards the direction of the vending machine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter