Round 1: Breakfast

Battle of the 99z
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Planning Stage

 

When it comes to preparing breakfast for Yuri, it is fair game between Hyewon and Yena considering that the younger girl lives in the other dorm. Both of them are at a disadvantage, and have to strategise how exactly they’re going to impress her with breakfast while they’re all the way in Dorm 2, and have constant early morning schedules on top of that.

 

Yena is confident with her plan. She’s been close with Yuri since the beginning of Produce48 and have slept in the same bed as her a lot too. She knows exactly how she is in the morning. Yuri doesn’t get up in the morning unless she absolutely has to. She sleeps in until the very last minute, and the whole group knows it. Leaving a yoghurt container with a cute message on top of it on her bedside would be the best way to tackle ‘making breakfast’ for the younger girl. Yena is sure Yuri would appreciate the few more minutes of sleep too. Her plan is foolproof, as far as she’s concerned.

 

Hyewon, on the other hand - the group’s resident foodie - is pulling out all the stops. She may not be a chef, but she knows of plenty tasty cafés around their dorm building’s area. It works, as they barely have any time for breakfast at all in the mornings. Ordering some pastries and warm drinks would be much more efficient considering the circumstances. Maybe she’ll take her up to the rooftop to watch the sunrise too. She knows Yuri doesn’t get up early in the morning just for anything though, so she’s already got some ideas for that. Her plan is sweet (literally), and romantic. She’s sure that Yuri will love it.

 

The other members of Dorm 2 are curious of what’s going on between Yena and Hyewon. They’ve been feeling some kind of... competitive tension for a few days now. They’ve always been close so it’s weird seeing them like that.

 

Eunbi, most especially, is concerned, watching the two deep in thought, and writing up diagrams and plans (?) on paper in their respective bunks. She has no idea what’s going on at that moment, but she hopes she will soon.

 

 

The Next Day - Battle START!!!

 

It is around 5am in the morning. They need to leave the dorms by 9am for a schedule.

 

Yena puts her hood over her head, as she zips up her black hoodie. She peeks over at Hyewon’s bunk, and sees she’s still fast asleep. The younger girl chuckles softly. Obviously, she’s got this in the bag. She sneaks out of the bedroom, careful not to wake the others up, and makes her way towards the kitchen.

 

She grabs an aloe vera yoghurt container (Yuri’s recent favourite!) from the fridge, and pulls out a stack of post its and a pen from her pocket. Being the prepared girl that she is, she’s thought of what to write the night before that’s sure to get Yuri giggly and weak in the knees in advance.

 

Yena smirks and sticks out her tongue as she writes:

 

Jjoyul,

 

Have this before you start your day and think of me, because I’ll be thinking of you. :)

 

Your Yena-unnie

 

Short but sweet. Yena is satisfied. She sticks the post it onto the top of the container and makes her move out of the dorm. She’s already gotten a key of the other dorm from Wonyoung in advance. She’s been aware of Yena’s feelings for Yuri for a while, and offered some help to make it easier for her to infiltrate Dorm 1 for her plans.

 

She moves swiftly, and in no time at all, she’s in front of the door of Yuri’s dorm, key in hand and on the ready to execute the second phase of Operation Yoghurt.

 

Meanwhile...

 

The soonest that Yena slips out of the bedroom, Hyewon opens her eyes and chuckles. She really thought she'd sleep through the battle. 

 

No way.

 

Not when it's Yuri's affections on the line.

 

She'd already made plans in advance. She called up some friends from the café she was going to get treats from, and got them to set everything up for her. She made sure to order all of Yuri's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter