Wait For Me

Wait For Me

...

Then came March and an event of the utmost importance for Baekhyun.

Tonight was the big night. Tonight he was performing solo, at the piano, the biggest dream of his life.

He who had always accompanied others, was finally on the front of the stage and alone. The big dip in the void.

And Jongin was proud of his success, because with the help of Kyungsoo, his manager and ChanYeol his composer and various authors, he now had his own palette and he was finally able to paint his first painting.

But even so, he was not there and Baekhyun was stressed. So when Jongin's mother called her to congratulate him and say excitedly that they would be there, she and her husband, to see their second son on stage, Baekhyun had a violent envy to cry ... "If she knew …" and he closed his eyes ..." Don’t think about that ... "

"-Ah! You're here ! You don’t feel well ? Said ChanYeol who arrived at that moment and made him jump.

"-Huh ? Oh ! If ... yes, it's okay. He said with a smile. I'm just devoured by stress.

"-Don’t worry, it'll be okay. Blow a good blow.

"-Easier said than done, do not you want to go to my place?"

"-No way, it's your baby.

"-You're not my friend ..." he said falsely.

"-I know it was never your favorite. He said amused. Besides, Kyungsoo is looking for you, he is in your lodge.

"-Okay... Two minutes. I have to make a phone call.

"-Hurry up, if you make him wait, It’s me who’ll suffer the consequences.

"-Your lover just has to learn to be patient. Tell him I'm coming, I must join mine to warn him that his parents arrive in an hour.

...

Acquiescing, ChanYeol left him alone and Baekhyun called the theater ... with apprehension

...

08 :00 pm. Half an hour later, the curtain would rise on him and Baekhyun would sit in front of his mirror, while a makeup artist would take care of him, listen to Kyungsoo's latest recommendations, which he knew by heart, with a distracted ear.

An hour earlier, he had called the theater and an hour earlier ... he had been told that the rehearsals had ended early in the afternoon and that Jongin had not been there for nearly four hours.

So it had been five hours now ... "Jongin should be near me ..." he said, swallowing hard. And he did not wonder in the least where he was, he knew ...

Except, around him, people were asking questions.

Except that ten minutes earlier, Mr. and Mrs. Kim had gone to encourage him, before going to take their seats and he did not know what to say to them about the absence of their son ...

But Mrs. Kim had understood. She had read it in him, in his eyes, his expression, he did not really know, but she had understood what was happening, he was sure and had hugged her. She had not said anything to him at all, probably not to open a breach in the bubble he had created around him to appear normal, it was not the moment, but she had squeezed it hard and that had been enough to make him realize that all that should not be.

...

"-It's going to end up coming. Assure ChanYeol. It must be blocked in traffic.

" -Yes. Said Baekhyun. Their rehearsals intensify with the approach of the show, he had to leave late and now he must make the way to here ... he continued in a very unconvincing voice.

"-I doubt it. Kyungsoo said. But he could have made an effort and asked to leave earlier tonight. He should be here to support you!

Baekhyun gritted his teeth.

"-Good! Please do not stress me more ...

" -You are right. Excuse me. He said, glancing suspiciously at ChanYeol behind Baekhyun, who seemed just as perplexed as he was, despite what he said.

But he did not want to put his nose where he should not, it was not the moment, so ...

" -You're ready ? The curtain rises in ten minutes, you have to go.

"-Can you leave me a few seconds?

" -Of course...

...

Everyone left the lodge and once alone, Baekhyun stood up to face the mirror.

Looking at each other for a second, with spite, he finally shakes his head.


 

"-What did you do to him that he’s mad at you so much Baekie?" He whispered to himself.

Crossing his own gaze, without the shadow of an answer to give himself, he finally closed his eyelids and turned to never see himself.

Then, blowing a good blow, he took the direction of the door ... and everything clipped at full speed.

...

Ten minutes later, it was to the applause of the audience that the curtain rose and Baekhyun put his fingers on the ivory keys.

Then the silence came and he put his eyes vaguely on his hands, before playing the first five notes and then, nothing ...

His eyes had just landed on the ring of gold he had on his right ring finger ... a promise from Jongin ... and the protective bubble in which he had been sheltering for months, burst forth, his mind drained .

Her inertia then caused a slight commotion in the public, people wondering what was going on and behind the scenes Kyungsoo and ChanYeol were in panic.

" - ! Close the curtain! Kyungsoo said.

" -No ! Do not do that ! Intervened ChanYeol. I go ! Request a follow-spot on me.

" -OKAY. Kyungsoo said. But what are you going to do?

"Do what I tell you. He said taking the microphone.

Then ChanYeol approached the edge of the stage and Kyungsoo told the light guys to chase ChanYeol, which they improvised.

And ChanYeol entered the stage:

"-Hey Baekhyun! He said as he walked nonchalantly, pretending to look at his diary on his phone, while the microphone sounded his voice in the room.

Raising his nose at him, as if out of his lethargy, Baekhyun suddenly had a sudden startle of lucidity and watched him approach the bulging eyes.

"Can you teach me to play" Happy Birthday "on the piano? He said as he approached him. It's for my nephew, he's six years tomor ... row ... "He pretended to discover that the room was full of people.

Then he looked at Baekhyun, the room, and he looked scared, before running away backstage.

"-You could have warned me that your show was tonight! He said in a horrified voice.

And Baekhyun, who could never thank him enough for what he had just done, smiled when he heard the audience laughing at his clowning and turned toward them, pulling at his collar, searching the crowd with eyes as if to appreciate their numbers.

"-Ah but that's why my manager lent me his penguin costume then! He said as a revelation.

People laughed again and Baekhyun mimed himself to recover and resume a serious attitude.

"Excuse me ... Good evening ..." he said in a cajoling voice, after giving them a grin full of teeth.

The silence was then, again in the hall, the comedy interlude had passed and Baekhyun began to play ... well ...

And he assured the spectacle, in spite of the gulf now open in his heart.

Some people will say later in the press that Byun Baek Hyun's emotion at this great premiere was palpable and almost disturbing and they were right because he had never thought so much all these words of love that he sang ... even if he to whom they were destined, was not present to hear them.

...

After the show, after the congratulations, the gifts, the visits of his friends in his dressing room and that of Jongin's parents, who were angry with their son, but did not linger, Baekhyun was then carried away until car park. Leaving only a few useful words, listening only a little, those of others and he climbed without the car ChanYeol and Kyungsoo who brought him home.

...

Helping him to put flowers and gifts back to his apartment, they found that Jongin was not there, but said nothing ... they understood them too ...

Then Kyungsoo was anxiously asking him if he really wanted to stay there all by himself, and he said yes, that Jongin would certainly not wait any longer now and that he did not want him to worry about him. not finding there. Kyungsoo frowned at the thought that it would have been a beautiful revenge and ChanYeol, who was treading on nervously, did not let a word go through his clenched teeth.

"-In any case, you have been extraordinary, the critics will indulge you. Pursued his manager.

ChanYeol nodded, anger from him was great and Baekhyun smiled at him.

"-Without all that would not have been possible, thank you, I'm lucky to have you.

A silence ... then ... at a time you have to decide to move ...

"-Are you sure you want to be left?" Said Chanyeol.

" -Yes Yes. He assured.

" -I will call you tomorrow. Kyungsoo said pushing ChanYeol in front of him.

" -Okay. See you tomorrow.

" -See you tomorrow.

...

The door closed behind them, alone again, Baekhyun then turned to his apartment and all those little things, photo trinkets and more ... which were hanging up his memories with Jongin ... There were so many ...

And he could only go to the obvious, that he just could not make a point on all that! He could not give up.

...

Then, while he was standing there, the door of the apartment opened behind him and Baekhyun closed his eyes with gentle relief.

Skip this evening! Skip over and do as usual.

However, when Jongin stuck to his back:

" -Well ! What are you doing here, with your jacket at one o'clock in the morning? Are you going somewhere? He said, wrapping his arms around him.

"-I just arrived. Said Baekhyun in a white voice. You ... you ... you could not free yourself? I wish you were near me you know ...

"-How close am I to you? ... Oh no ...

"-Yes it was tonight, Jongin,You were the only one missing.

.

And everything would have gone well if he had just asked for forgiveness, but ...

"-I have been completely absorbed by these damned rehearsals, I have not seen the time pass. He lied. I ... Oh , I'm sorry baby. He said, standing in front of him, hugging him. I will not miss the next one. I swear I'll be there. No matter what ... the rest, I ...

"-It was tonight the big night Jongin ...

"-I know ... I'm sorry ...

And Baekhyun would have liked to forgive him, but the bitterness had finally taken over and it was without a word that he pulled away from him and took off his jacket, before going to lock himself in the bathroom, under the gaze of Jongin, on the verge of tears, who would have flogged him for having treated him like that.

It could not continue!

...

Half an hour later, on his side, new, but fragile challenge for Baekhyun and new motivation to do as usual ... and when he came out of the bathroom, he leaned on the door-frame of the door of the living room where Jongin was and smiled at him.

"-You must be exhausted. You repeated all day today!

Treading on the spot, Jongin ran his hand through his hair, embarrassed, and shrugged.

"-A little stiff, but it will pass.

Baekhyun smiles again.

"-Could a massage be good for you? He said, coming to him.

With his hands clutching his hips immediately, Jongin answered his smile and Baekhyun kissed him in the corner of his mouth.

" -So ? In addition, will you know ... you may be entitled to a little extra ... What do you say?

"-I say I can not refuse such a proposal ...

Smiling again and again, Baekhyun wrapped his arms around his neck, carrying him in a sweet and delicious kiss that made them sigh with envy.

Then they stopped and Baekhyun looked at him, his cheek with his fingertips.

"- Hurry up to shower ... I'm waiting for you ...

Acquiring, Jongin smiled at him and kissed his lips, before going to the bathroom in his turn, with his irrevocable decision ... Only he counted!

...

But twenty minutes later, in their bed, lying on his stomach, Baekhyun straddled above his pelvis, massaging his back as he often did, Jongin did not see the tears of his companion ... The first .. Meaningful and relentless and mingled with the lotion he spread on his skin ... the heart of Baekhyun, who was simply ... broken ...