BONUS : MINJU

-TOKYO-

Minju stared down to her bloodied hands, and to the dead bodies that laid around her. She could see her members panting as they had managed to take down one of Japan's biggest yakuza's base. Some were high-fiving each other, whereas some were like Minju, staring at the bodies, regretting their life choices. Minju never asked to be born as a mafia lord daughter, or be trained to take over it. All Minju ever wanted was to have a normal life where she don't have to worry about being assassinated every day. 

 

"Ah... I'm beat. Let's go get some drinks, eh? " said Yena. The duck-like girl Minju's second-in-command and was a very bright and happy girl. But when it came down to business, the difference in behaviour was obvious. No longer would there be a happy duck, a killing machine would appear. 

 

She heard the sounds of agreement from the other members and said a silent prayer for those they had killed. Her team walked out of the base, smiling as they had completed their mission perfectly and wanting to go celebrate their success. When asked about her opinion, she nodded her head with a fake smile plastered on her face. The truth was that Minju wanted to go back to their hotel and take a nice warm shower while thinking about someone who made her happy. 

 

Honda Hitomi.

 

This girl light up the gloomy world of hers, she was the light to her darkness, the one reason why Minju stayed alive. The one girl she loved. She knew she messed everything up when she broke up with her on that day in Tokyo Tower, but she couldn't risk the life of the younger girl. Her father had warned her about the dangers of having someone you love, and that other gangs would use that to their advantage. Thus, why Minju had to break up with Hitomi before the Japanese yakuza found out about them. 

 

She knew the girl cried every night, in the darkest corner of her bedroom. It hurts her heart to see the girl not being able to get over the breakup just like her, but the only thing that comforts Minju is the fact that Hitomi would be safe. Even if she has to put aside her feelings, despite her wanting to be selfish, she let the one girl she loved go, to get her away from her monstrous life. 

 

--------------------------------------

 

Walking around the streets of Tokyo brought back many memories that Minju never forget. The time when she brought Hitomi to Japan for their anniversary, the late-night walks they had around the city, with the younger girl clinging onto her arm. The bright smile on Hitomi's face as she explored the city, the kiss that they shared in the middle of the street, the times when Minju would sneakily take photos of the younger girl when she didn't notice and the times where they talked about everything as they walked. 

 

The way the same billboards were promoting the same stuff, the usual blasting of J-Pop songs from the casinos, the group of drunken Japanese salarymen and the sight of Honda Hitomi walking down the street towards her direction. Minju felt her heart beating faster, drowning out the sounds around her, ignoring the questions of her teammates, and focused on the girl in front of her. She blinked for a moment wondering if it was real and the next thing she knew, the girl had bumped into her. 

 

" Woah...You okay?" Those words slipped out of , as she wrapped her arms around the familiar slender waist. She noted that Hitomi had dyed her hair brown, no longer the strawberry blonde colour that she always had, had lost some weight but still had the same cheeks hat were filled with hopes and dreams. She saw the way the girl had tensed up, recognising her voice and Hitomi pulled away. 

 

" H-Hii-chan..?" Minju said. She saw the way the girl stood there silently for a moment before smiling at her. 

 

" Minju...It's great to see you,"

 

She heard Yena asking her if she knew her. She was about to answer but Hitomi spoke first. She introduced herself to her team, and Minju felt her heart breaking into a million tiny pieces when Hitomi said she was her friend. Minju felt herself feeling hurt after all friends don't know the way she tasted. 

 

" Umm..... yeah......She used to be my coursemate,"

 

Minju looked at the duck, saw the way gears were moving in her head and she just had to mention that Minju talked about the bread girl a lot. She quickly placed her hands over the girl, whispering in her ears some threats including throwing out her duck plushie, but the girl continued talking while using her hands as gestures. She heard the familiar bubbly laugh and looked at the younger girl laughing at the two of them. She let go of the duck and stood at the side. 

 

Hitomi had asked them why they were in Tokyo, and all of them pointed at her. These traitors, Minju thought. She decided to look at her shoes, that had a hint of blood, finding them interesting as she tried her best to hide her blushing face. She heard Hitomi telling them to enjoy their trip in Tokyo, before walking back towards her hotel. Minju stared at the back of the girl, watching it until she can't see her anymore.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

The sound of the loud club music annoyed Minju a lot, not to mention the number of girls and boys that were trying to hit on her. But she will politely decline every one of them, because unless you are a girl, with cheeks that resemble mochi, with a bubbly laugh, and sarcastic comments, then you have no chance with Kim Minju.

 

She looked at the dance floor, and saw her team having the time of their life and saw two girls grinding rather ually onto Yena, but the duck girl was too drunk to even notice. She drank some of her beer that she ordered, as she felt the memories of the day she broke up with her beloved. She chug the glass down, ordering another as she slipped into her memories. 

 

Minju, together with her father and his men went in to take down one of their rival mafia gangs. Minju tried her best not to kill anyone, simply avoiding them all and left the killing to others. She made her way towards the door of their boss. He sat in his chair, smirking at Minju as she pointed her gun at him. She wouldn't kill him but used it to threaten him before her father arrives. 

 

" Ahh...Minju right ??? I know you don't have the guts to kill me. Because you're weak, just like your mother,"

 

" What do you mean ??"

 

" Oh...daddy didn't tell you ?? That I was the one who killed your mother," the man said, smirking proudly at Minju. She could feel her hands shaking as her aim at the man's head started to falter. 

 

" You're lying. Dad said she died in a car accident," 

 

" Who do you think planned that accident, dear," he said with a Cheshire smile. He stood up from his seat and walked towards her. He took a bottle of vodka nearby, chugging half of the bottle's content and gestured for her to sit. But she didn't, she stood there with her gun still pointed at him. 

 

" Why did you do it ??"

 

" What ??? Killing your of a mother?? The answer is easy," he said as he waved the bottle around before pointing it to her. " You were never your father's child, you were mine. But your of a mother ran to him. And he took her in because of what ?? STUPID! ING! LOVE !"

 

" She said she loved me... But to hell with that !"

 

" Why would you kill someone you loved then??" Minju asked with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. She looked as he pondered on her question before showing her sadistic smile. 

 

" She belongs to me only. And you, my child, belong to me too,"

 

" LIAR !!!" 

 

" Awww... The little princess can't accept the truth... such a pity. But that's the truth,"

 

Minju felt her head spinning as she processed all the information given, but she couldn't believe it. Why would her mother do that? Is this the reason why her father kept targeting this gang. She was unfocused that her self proclaimed father knocked the gun out of her hands. She couldn't even react to the now-empty liquor bottle swinging at her head, but she was pushed away by her father. 

 

" Wow !!! The father-daughter has been united,"

 

" You ing piece of , it's time to end this," Minju's father said as he aimed his gun at the man's head just as Minju did previously. 

 

" Hold up, Kim. I think you need to explain somethings to your princess over there," he motioned towards a still Minju. She looked at her father, noting that they didn't look alike, unlike the other man in the room, Minju could see their resemblance. The same brown eyes, the chocolate brown hair and the same dimples. Minju figured it out, that man wasn't lying at all. 

 

" Minju, I can explain-"

 

" He's my real father, isn't her ??" Minju said as she pointed to the man. She saw her father nod in shame as his grip on his gun tightening. 

 

" I'll explain everything when we get back," 

 

When the two of them were distracted, Minju's real father had grabbed the previously discarded gun of Minju and pointed it at her. He gave them a proposition, let him walk out alive or she dies. She wanted to ask him how could he kill his blood, but realised it was pointless. If the man could kill the woman he claims to love, he would kill her too. Her father had lowered down his gun, and the man shoots him straight in the stomach. 

 

" So stupid. Did you believe I would walk out of here without killing you ?? Idiotic," he said as he placed the gun at the back of his pocket. Minju stood there, looking at the bloodied body of her father as he told her to kill the man before he gets away. She saw her father wink at her, and she knew that her father had seared the bulletproof vest with fake blood packets all over it. He acted as if he was dying before sneakily sliding his gun towards her. 

 

" Now.. What should I do with you ??" He said as Minju hid the gun behind her back. When he turned around, Minju got ready to shoot but froze as he took out a picture. 

 

" A Japanese?? Hm... My.. my.. what good taste you have, my dear," 

 

He held a picture of her and Hitomi when they went on a date at one of her friend's restaurant. He went on and on about how lovely her girlfriend looked, and he looked at her girlfriend with a disgusting smile. When he started talking about to things he would do to her girlfriend, Minju snapped. She tackled him onto the floor, raining punches all over him as she told him that Hitomi was hers. She went on punching the man until she felt exhausted. 

 

Surprisingly, the man was still conscious, and he gave a bloodied smile to Minju. 

 

" Once the news of me being dead hits Japan, half of the Japanese Yakuza will on her back. They would kill her the same way you kill me. So, what will you choose ?? Killing me or I kill your girlfriend??"

 

Minju glared at the man and told her answer. " I would kill you for threatening the life of my girlfriend. And as for the Japanese yakuza... I can handle them," 

 

She gripped the gun that was on her back, aiming at the guy's head but she couldn't shoot. She didn't have the guts to kill him. She heard him laughing, calling her weak as he easily pushes her off him. He grabbed the nearest object he could find to throw it at her, but Minju shot it before it even reached her. Realising that he was at a disadvantage, he ran and Minju aimed the gun at his retreating back. 

 

" Shoot him dead, or your girlfriend dies, Minju." 

 

With those threatening words from her father, she closed her eyes as she took her shot. The sound of a body dropping to the floor was heard and all Minju could do was nothing. 

 

------------------------------------

 

Minju had told her driver to drop her at Hitomi's dorm. She didn't even bother to change her clothes that were bloodied and knocked on Hitomi's door. She remembered herself wailing around the arms of her girlfriend, feeling guilty of killing a man. She remembers Hitomi telling that it was fine and that she most probably had a reason. It was true as the reason was Hitomi's life. 

 

The next day, when she returned to her house, her father sat in the living room, awaiting her arrival. " You need to break up with that girl," he said the moment she stepped in. She looked at him, thinking that he was joking but was met with a serious expression and she knew why. 

 

" That girl is your weakness, Minju. Look at what had happened yesterday, the moment people know your weakness they would use it against you !" 

 

" B-but father... I can't.." 

 

" I know you can't because you love her. But this is for the best for both of you," 

 

" I understand, Father. But will you please tell me the truth about yesterday.." 

 

Her father nodded and gestured her to his office. Her father spilt the truth about her mother and the reason why he was so hellbent on destroying that particular mafia gang. She asked him if there were other alternatives than breaking up with the bread girl, but was met with a sorry look from her father and she sighed. She was going to have bring Hitomi to Tokyo as her father instructed. 

 

She was sadly counting down the days that she still had with Hitomi. Her father had planned to do it in Tokyo so that the Japanese yakuza could know that Hitomi wasn't a target anymore. And Minju decided to do it in Tokyo Tower, the same place that she told the girl ' I love you '. She felt so guilty as she looked at the happy face of the younger girl that was anticipating a great surprise, namely a proposal but it wasn't. 

 

Minju had brought Hitomi to Tokyo Tower and stood at the same place as before. She saw the anticipating look one the younger girl's face and couldn't bring herself to say those three words. But she in her breath and said it as calmly as possible, as she willed herself not to cry. 

 

" Hitomi... Let's break up," 

 

She swallowed her tears at the heartbroken look on the younger girls face as she asked her to repeat what had just said. 

 

" Let's break up."

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Minju sighed as she drank her fourth glass of beer, she looked at her watch realising that it was 1 in the morning and started gathering her team. It was easy to find most of them, as they were all slumped in one table, but Yena gave her a headache. She had to yank the girl away from the face off a girl that looked oddly similar to Yena. She apologised to the girl and dragged the drunk duck out of the club. She called her driver to pick them up but told him that she would walk. 

 

She looked around her, the city that hasn't slept yet and looked at the window of the hotel Hitomi was staying at. She could see the girl, sipping on a glass of wine, before closing the lights and moving towards the bed. She smiled as she looked at the now dark room from the street below, and walked away towards her hotel room. 

 

Minju took one last look at the room Hitomi was staying in as she whispered under her breath. 

 

 

I still love you, Honda Hitomi. And I'll always be looking out for you.

 

Author's Note :

Welp.. that concludes Tokyo... 

I'm sorry that there ain't a happy ending..but I wanted to make it as such...


see you next time... I guess...