- END -

-TOKYO-

Author's Note : I was editing this chapter...

 

Hitomi walked around the streets of Tokyo that were bustling with people with the bright lights from the billboards around them. The casinos were blasting some J-Pop song that Hitomi didn't recognize but she enjoyed the environment. Around her were people of different ages, businessmen walking fast with their briefcase in one arm, a couple with their hands linked together with the occasional pecks on the cheek, foreigners looking around in amazement, high school girls giggling as they talked to one another, and herself walking around observing.


She had her earplugs on, enjoying the lo-fi mixtape that she found on YouTube, feeling like she was a main character in some aesthetic movie or music video. She walked slowly, in pace with the tempo of the song that was playing, her hands in her pockets as she felt a cold breeze pass through. The feeling of being so free enlightened her, knowing she won't be able to enjoy it once she heads back to her hometown. Her parents had set so many rules for her, one being not allowing her to walk around at night. She knew they had good intentions, but she enjoyed the feeling of the wind blowing through her hair, as she walked down a moonlit path and the sound of crickets in the night.


Hitomi looked at her watch, noting that it was 11 pm, and started walking back towards her hotel. The streets were slowly becoming more lively as the Tokyo nightclubs had started opening, the occasional strip clubs that she passed by, the drunken Tokyo salarymen after drinking one too many shots, a group of guys queuing up and a bunch of girls bribing the security to let them in. She could only smile at what was happening around her, before finding her way back to her hotel. 


She was too engrossed in observing everything that was happening around her, that she didn't see where she was walking to and bumped into someone. The thick scent of lavender fills her nose as she felt, strong yet slender arms surrounding her waist.


" Woah...You okay ??" a soft feminine voice called out to her. Hitomi blinked at the familiar voice and decided to raise her head. Her breath hitched for a moment, as she looks at the familiar eyes and felt her heart constricting. Out of all the places in the world, why must she meet her ex that she haven't gotten over with? 


" H-Hii-chan..?" 

Hitomi could feel all the memories playing through her head like a movie, from their first date to their anniversary to their breakup. She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt herself being shaken. She shook her head looking at the familiar face and brought her lips into a smile. 


" Minju...It's great to see you,"


" Unnie, you know her ??"


" Honda Hitomi, I was friends with her in university," she said as she bowed to Minju's friends. She swore she saw Minju looking hurt when she said that she was her friend, but Hitomi couldn't care less anymore.


" Umm..... yeah......She used to be my coursemate,"


"Wait... Hitomi...sounds familiar...." said one of them with lips that resembled a duck, scratching her head, trying to remember. 

"AHHHH... YOU MUST BE THAT HII-CHAN MINJU KEPT TALK-" the poor girl couldn't finish her sentence as Minju clasped her hand over the girl's lips. But the girl kept gesturing her hands, making Hitomi laugh at how funny it looked like.


"Ehem... Anyways, what are you doing here in Tokyo ??" Hitomi asked them. All of them pointed towards Minju, telling that it was her idea. Minju blushed as she looked down to her feet, suddenly finding it interesting and Hitomi could only be skeptical about it. She looked at the girl for a moment, feeling the familiar feelings of butterflies in her stomach but pushed them down. 

" Oh well... Enjoy your stay in Tokyo, I guess... I'm heading back to my hotel now... Well it was nice seeing you, and well...enjoy the night!" Hitomi said, smiling towards the group of girls before walking towards her hotel. She could feel Minju watching her, but shrugged it off. After all, they were nothing more than friends. 


-------------------------------------

Hitomi sat in her hotel room, sipping on a glass of wine as she looks out of the window. It was 1 in the morning, but the city still hasn't slept. The streets were still filled with people, and she could hear the bass of the music being played from the clubs nearby. She sighed softly at her luck, wondering how she could meet her first heartbreak in the place that it happened, Tokyo. 

She placed her glass down, and went to the king-sized bed in the room, and laid down. She could feel the tears that were threatening to fall as the past came crashing through her brain. She still remembered the first time she saw Minju, the girl was carrying too many books and tripped on her untied shoelace. The books were sprawled all over the floor, and Hitomi went over to help her. The two picked up the books that were dropped, and when they were done, a soft thank you was heard. Hitomi looked up to see the girl, feeling her breath hitch at the visual of the taller, and that was when Hitomi knew that she fell in love. 

The next time the two met was when they were attending a lecture, it turns out, that both girls were majoring in the same thing, architecture. The two girls shyly waved at each other, and Hitomi sat next to the other. Throughout the lecture, the two girls managed to know each other's names and Hitomi found out that the girl had performing arts as her minor. Once the lecture ended, Hitomi walked back to her dorms with Minju's phone number saved in her phone. 

The third time they met was at a bakery, where Minju was working there part-time. The two greeted each other, engaging in some small talk and Minju found out that Hitomi loved the bread so much that she would sell her soul to Satan for a lifetime supply of them. On that day, Minju had asked Hitomi to hang out with her after her shift ended, and the two found themselves eating ramen at a street cart while talking about their interests. ( Hitomi learned that Minju loved to play the piano )

After that fateful day, the two became close and it wasn't good for Hitomi's heart. The way the elder girl would always initiate the skinship between them, with either a hug or interlocking their hands wherever they went, Hitomi had to control her beating heart that was beating as if she had finish one of those workouts her brother would do. 

Their first date was at a Japanese restaurant, as Hitomi had missed her comfort food of curry rice with tonkatsu. Minju didn't mind at all, pitying the younger girl that was away from home. The two had gone out on a date after Minju confessed to her with cheeks stained red and a bouquet of purple lilacs. ( Hitomi had googled the meaning of the flowers, and was blushing while looking at the bouquet in the vase back at her dorm ). The date had gone well, with Hitomi giving Minju a peck on her cheek as a thank you, and Hitomi squealed out of happiness once she was back in her dorm. 

Their following dates were always interesting, from movie nights to a baking session that ended in a mess ( They burned the cookies they were making ), to spending the whole day in bed cuddling, to cafe tours and even hiking. There were also days where the two would engage in some erted stuff, but it was fine as they were both adults. 

A few days turned into months and soon enough, they were celebrating their 1 year anniversary. Minju had surprised the younger girl, by bringing her back to Japan, where they visited Hitomi's hometown, Tochigi. Hitomi's parents approved of Minju the moment she stepped in the house, as she had brought their daughter back. Many tears were shed on that day, at the reunion of the Honda family and Minju sat in a corner awkwardly while playing with Hitomi's dog, Pome.

The following few days, the two girls found themselves in Tokyo, where they went to all the tourist spots and even entered a maid cafe. They enjoyed the presence of one another, and Hitomi could still remember that time that they were in Tokyo Tower, overlooking Tokyo and Minju said the three words to her. ( Hitomi blushed scarlet when Minju told her that she loved her ). They became closer than before after Minju told Hitomi about herself one night when they laid in bed. Minju wasn't a good person, her father was in the mafia and she was his second-in-command, but Hitomi reassured her that she still loved her no matter what.

When they came back from Japan, everything was going well. Their relationship was going strong until one-night Minju came back with blood all over her. Hitomi panicked, thinking the blood was hers and let out a sigh of relief when Minju said it wasn't. Hitomi was about to ask what happened but was cut off by the hug of the taller. She wept in Hitomi's arm, as she confessed that she killed a man, saying that she had no choice as her father had forced her to. That night was the night when their relationship started to change.

Minju had started to distance herself from others but still kept in touch with Hitomi. To say that it wasn't obvious was a lie, Hitomi knew that something was wrong but the elder girl kept changing the topic every time she brought it up. Their once usual date nights ended up with Hitomi being alone in her room, as she waited for Minju to show up. But she never did. 

On the day that they were graduating, Minju had approached Hitomi, congratulating her and telling her that she planned a surprise for them. Hitomi brightened up at those words and thought that maybe Minju would fix everything back. Oh, how she was so wrong. 

The two ended up in Tokyo again, with Minju being nothing but loving towards her. It was as if they return to normal, with the late-night cuddles and staying bed the whole day watching some Japanese show. Hitomi was happy throughout the trip and was looking forward to the surprise. Minju had brought her to the Tokyo Tower, where the said girl had told her " I love you", and Hitomi had expected a proposal but was shocked to hear something even more devastating. 

"Hitomi... Let's break up."

Hitomi could hear her heart breaking into a million tiny pieces as she tried to smile, thinking of it as a joke. " W-what... S-say that ag-ain...". She looked at the hardened gaze of the taller, as she repeated the same three words that Hitomi hated. 

" Let's break up."

-----------------------------------------------

Hitomi wiped the tears that were streaming down her face after her quick trip down memory lane. She wondered why Tokyo had to be the place where she fell in love and had her heartbroken. She never knew the reason that they broke up, as, after that, Minju went MIA. Hitomi tried to contact the girl but all her efforts were fruitless. The number that was once Minju's didn't exist anymore. Hitomi remembered the days she spent locked in her room, crying her eyes out and just asking herself the reason Minju broke up with her. 

Was it because she was too clingy?? Or was it because she wasn't that pretty?? Or was it because Minju wanted to protect her ?? All Hitomi could think of when she cried was how stupid she was for not being able to get over it. Hitomi felt her eyes flutter close, as she let sleep take over her.