chapter 3

Rain On Your Wedding Day

(I don't know about you, but I think Kpop's going to be great this year, we already have three really good comebacks headed out way and SM stated a while ago that AMBER is back in Korea... this might just be a rumor though, I heard it from a friend, either way, I'm rather excited for a F(X) comback... though this is Heechul and Leeteuk's last year, it makes me sad for Suju -.- but also excited to see what they're going to throw at us before their military service starts^^)

Chapter 3

I think you shouldn't have come.”

well that's a bit late now, don't you think.” We stood in Seoul Airport waiting for Amber to come back from the bathroom. Ever since she cheated on me back in our freshmen year in college, it's always been pretty awkward to talk to her, and while I tried to get over what had happened, I still felt a bit burned that she slept with one of my friends.

It's not like you can't afford it, your dad owned half of-”

Key word, my dad, I have nothing, why else do you think I live with Amber?”

she looked taken aback, then turned away when Amber came walking towards us, “yo, something happen?” she asked when she reached us.

I shook my head and picked up mine and one of Nicole's bag, mom's “always treat a lady kindly” speech running through my mind, and I mean, she had three bags with her, it would be rude not to. If she appreciated my gesture, she didn't show it, instead she walked ahead of us towards the exit.

she ok, she looks a little mad...”

You know Nicole, she's never happy until she gets her coffee.” I commented, not bothering to fill her in on Nicole obvious disapproval of my presence in Korea, “how're you feeling, you looked really pale when you ran into the bathroom.”

Amber grimaced, “hate planes, take offs and landings are the worst.” she groaned then pulled out her cell phone, “that Seunghyun guy hasn't called yet, you think I should call him?”

nah, he's probably with a client, you know how needy brides are at this time of year.” I motioned towards the summer weather.

We sat down at a bench in front of the airport and waited in another awkward silence. I felt bad for Amber, she didn't know that Nicole had cheated on me, she didn't know why we broke up and she didn't know why Nicole and I hated each other. I used to stay as far from Nicole as possible when it had first happened, I didn't want conflict and I also didn't want to see her face... but, well, Amber and I have been friend since we were babies, I couldn't stop talking to someone I thought of as a sister, and Nicole was Amber's first female friend, I couldn't ask Amber to give her up.

It's not like I hated Nicole... she just... I thought we were close, that even if we dated we could still stay friends, but I guess times change, now she barely looks at me and the burning in my heart has nearly been extinguished.

I think I should call him.” Amber said after ten minutes.

I put my hand over her phone and shook my head, “I'm sure he's on his way, just be patient.” she's always been pretty impatient, waiting was something Amber didn't do normally.

Let her call him, he probably forgot about us.” Nicole said boredly as she inspected her nails.

I'm sure that's not the case, Granny Liu said he asked for you specifically.”

and we didn't actually talk to the guy person to person now did we? Call him!” Nicole looked over and scowled at me, which I countered with an eye roll.

I think I'll just wait a bit longer.” Amber said and looked from Nicole and I cautiously, knowing full well what could happen if we got at each other's throat. Nicole huffed in annoyance and I silently cheered, I never get to win! It was about an hour later that Amber finally picked up her phone, dialed Seunghyun's number and held it up to her ear. She paused a minute before huffing and saying “he has his phone off.” she grumbled and slid her phone back into her purse.

then how do we get a hold of him, it's not like we know where he lives.” Nicole snapped and crossed her arms. I remembered when we dated she never acted like this, she'd always have a smile on her face and always thought positively, now it was like talking to a completely different person.

I guess we just wait.” I said, gaining a glare from Nicole. I turned away and silently laughed to my self. I watched as people walked by, wondering how we'd get out of this mess, already we had hit a hitch and I was sure as hell not staying another moment with Nicole.

Cole, you can take a taxi to you Hotel if you want, you don't need to wait for Kev and I.” Amber spoke up with out looking up from her phone, a game of tetris displayed on her screen.

Nicole took a moment to think then nodded, “I need to unpack anyways and mom wanted me to call her.” she stood up and walked towards the curb and hailed a cab, not even looking back to say good bye.

now that that problems out of the way, let's focus on the Seunghyun issue.” Amber said and turned towards me when Nicole was gone.

Do you think he might be stuck in traffic, I mean a lot of people turn their phones off when they drive.” Amber looked at me sceptically, “ok, maybe not all of us, but still maybe his phone died or something, or, or, he got in a car crash, he could be hurt!” I was pulling excuses out of the sky.

most people in the wedding planning business know to charge their phone or carry a portable charger of some type, and I doubt we're that unlucky, he probably forgot about us like Nicole said.” Amber sighed and leaned back in the bench, “and since your...”

sister.”

since your sister said she won't be home until later tonight, we don't really have any place to go.” she let out a groan, “I'm so~ hungry.” she whined and hugged me.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, “we both have money, we can buy something.”

but I don't wanna leave and have him miss us.” she mumbled into my shirt. It was at that very moment that her phone started ringing. Amber jumped from my shoulder and pulled her phone up to her ear, “yah! We've been waiting for two ing hours, you better be at the airport right now looking for us.” she said, mixing English and Korean terribly. She paused and listened to Seunghyun before spouting “YAH, You haven't even left yet!!” into the phone then said “Yah, you still there, hey!”

did he hang up?” it was a stupid question, but the silence around us needed to be broken.

that douche better ing hurry his .” she grumbled and stood from the bench.

We leaving?” I fallowed after her, taking one of her bags as we rushed across the street.

he said to wait at that cafe' over there and to order some food,he'll pay, I plan to order the most expensive thing on the menu, you in?” she grinned and winked over at me. Once we'd settled down with out food, our previous dim expressions were changed to those of content and we were now talking presently to each other, “how's you're mother, I didn't get to talk to her before we left.”

she's good, out with her new boy toy, some french guy names Pablo, I have a suspicion that she's making him up, apparently none of her friends have met him.” mom loved showing off her new toys, keeping one hidden from her jealous gaggle of friends isn't something she normally does.

maybe she just doesn't want you to worry about her, we both know how protective you are of your mom.” she smiled knowingly at me and stabbed her pie with her fork as she studied my expressions.

yeah, well someone has to watch out for her since dad died.” I sighed and and smiled solemnly, looking out the window and watching as the cars drove by. Dad had been sick for a while there, and when he finally went to the doctors it was to late, mom took it the hardest. It'd been about three years now, yet the pain still fizzled a bit, though not nearly as searing as it had been.

sorry Kev.”

I looked over and smiled, “And you dad, I saw him on tv the other day, it was like having him in our living room.” Amber's dad and my dad had been close friends, they were the reason we were so close as well.

he's good, working on his new book, Penny and Lydia are good as well, they're taking the boat out this week to sail the coast.” Penny was Amber's step mom and Lydia was Penny and Tom's, Amber's dad, little ten year old girl, Amber got along with them fairly well, but she'd never felt as though she belonged in her father's “new” family as she put it.

that's good... and your mom?” I was a bit hesitant to speak of Amber's mom, they didn't get along to well.

I think she's in spain right now.” I could see the ice in her eyes, her relationship with her mother might never be repaired after she'd packed up and left Amber, Rachel and Mr. Liu behind.

I'm-” I paused when the cafe' doors opened suddenly and the boy who Grans should in that photo rushed in. He looked around, appearing confused before sitting down and telling a waitress his order.

his picture really doesn't do him justice.” Amber stated as we both peered over at the boy who looked as though he were lost.

shouldn't we call him over?” I looked at Amber but knew she didn't want me around when she talked business, “I'm going to go call... everyone, I'm going to go call everyone and tell them we made it all right.” I smiled before standing up, “meet me outside when you guys are done talking.”

Amber nodded and stood up, her eyes hadn't left the boy since he came in, making me wonder if she was angry at him or intrigued. Standing up from my own seat, I left a nice tip and pulled my bag with me out the door and leaned against the wall outside. Sliding down, I sat on the window sill and pulled out my phone, debating whether to really call anyone when a girl suddenly sat next to me.

hello.” she said in Korean, reminding me that I was in a different country at the moment.

Hi.” I smiled and waved at her.

She smiled as well and pointed towards my face, “hope I'm not being to upfront, but you remind me of someone I once knew, what's your name?” she asked and cute pout.

Kevin Woo...” I trailed off, I'd never seen this girl in my entire life, she had long curly caramel colored hair that she pinned back from her face and a tiny pixie like grin on her face that slowly fell when I spoke of my name.

oh? I guess I was wrong.” she let out a sigh and looked down before looking back up, her pixie smile appearing again, “my name's Sandara Park, you're not from around here are you?”

No, I'm here with a friend on an extended vacation, we'll be hear for over half a year.”

really, are you here for business or pleasure?” she questioned in a seemingly innocent manner. I couldn't help feeling a tinge of want as I listened to her speak, she voice was like a bell and her face soft and sweet.

my friend's business, I'm sort of here for both.” I nodded my head towards the door, “she's in there talking to her new partner, most likely laying down the rules.”

so your friends a girl.” she paused for a moment and lifted an eyebrow, “are you two...”

no, no, of course not.” I laughed lightly, “I'd never date Amber.” she was like a sister... a sister who got very affectionate when she was drunk and had no modesty when it came to leaving her underwear in my room of all places.

Sandara didn't looked convinced, “then perhaps are you're into guys?”

I groaned at the thought, having always been pegged as being gay from the moment I stepped into middle school, “no, I'm very much into girls.” she let out an apology which I simply answered with a, “It's ok, Amber and I have been friends since we were babies, our dad's were really close so we were pretty much raised together.”

Sandara smiled, “so you're like siblings then.” she giggled, “ though I don't think even my siblings and I are as close, we were born pretty far apart.” she said in a thoughtful tone, “what kind of business is your friend in?”

Weddings, one of the biggest names in LA.” I said with pride, I always found a chance to boast about Amber, she was my best friend, “she's over here working with a friend of the family to check out his wedding planners.”

oh, what company?”

Song Bells.”

for real.” her smiled brightened, “one of my friends hired them for his wedding, he's getting married next month.” she pouted, “he's a jerk though, he promised to marry me during grade school on the slide, he'll pay for leading me on.”

we laughed together until Amber and Seunghyun came walking out the door, both stopping their conversation when they saw us, “Hey Amby, this is Sandara noona, we just met.” I introduced her, the sound of laughter couldn't be mistaken from my voice.

hey.” Amber smiled and motioned towards Seunghyun, “Kev, this is Seunghyun, Seunghyun, this is my best friend Kevin.”

Seunghyun nodded and turned towards Amber with a blank expression, “so I'll call you tonight to fill you in on our schedule, see you around miss Liu.” he bowed a bit before turning and walking towards an expensive car.

well... he seems exciting.” Sandara said, breaking the silence.

-

(I actually hadn't planned for anyone other then the nine to be in this story, but Kevin's crush on Sandara Park gave me a couple good ideas that I just couldn't pass up^^ you'll find out later^^ and this chapter was a bit boring -.- I had actually planned it to be Joon's POV, but I decided to wait until chapter four to deal with that^^

comment and subscribe^^)