Chapter 2

Rain On Your Wedding Day

(Wonderful Vid by Hyunxjoo, I suspect she may be a magician, this video is ever so magical^^
and~ on the front page, to those who haven't seen them yet, are my very first attempts to make some graphics!!! my favorite is the Nicole/Kevin one, but then I looked at it closely and noticed I had left a bit of a mistake right next to Nicole's head... sad day, but I'm to lazy to change it ^^)

chapter two

I was born and raised to do this job, I could do my job in my sleep. From the moment I took on my Grandparents' business it's clients have doubled and our once humble business was sot after by not only locals but also celebrities and politicians... yeah, so I'm full of my self a bit, but you can't deny that it was because of me that the business became popular.

The one thing I couldn't seem to get right in Grandmothers eyes was getting a wife... and no, I don't mean girlfriend, I mean wife, if Grandmother had it her way I'd skip the dating stuff all together and walk down the isle as soon as I met the “right” girl.

You're not getting any younger Seunghyun.” she scolds as she huddles over her plants with a spay bottle.

I'm only twenty four Grandmother, it's not like I'm old either.”

fighting Grandmother about these things, it was always countered with a, “Don't talk to your elders that way.” By Grandfather who would fallow it with a light smack on the back of my head.

I don't need to get married right now, I'm the boss of a major business at such a young age! Why would I need a wife right now, she'd just be disappointed that I'd ignore her for work.” I shrugged and started spraying flowers with my own squirt gun.

now don't talk like that, any girl would love to marry you and have your children.” Grandmother gushed and hugged Grandfather, “Just think dear, our Grandson will have at least five kids, one has to be named after you.”

lalala, not listening.” I whined and went inside of their comfy little town house. Plopping down onto the couch, I pulled out my cell phone and opened the new messages. There was over 10, each of them from clients complaining about various things that I'd deal with later, but one message stood out.

'Yo~ this is Amber, my friends and I will be at the airport in an hour, come pick us up.' I at first just closed it and figured that it was just the wrong number, I had never met anyone named Amber, but then something felt off. Pausing for a moment, I picked up my phone and looked at the number, I quickly got on my google app and discovered “LA?” and the world stopped. Grandmother only knew one person from the states, and while I didn't know if she had kids, I knew she lived in LA.

Grandmother~?” I called and crossed my arms as she walked into the living room.

Yes dear?” Grandmother had guilt written all over her face.

Who, may I ask, is Amber?”

Grandmother laughed loudly and waved her hand about, “you know, the wildest thing happened a couple of days ago, I got this call from a friend who-”

You're setting me up with a girl again aren't you? Grandmother, I've told you time and time that-”

now what's this about.” Grandfather said, instantly stopping Grandmother and I from our argument.

Grandmother set me up with another girl, this one's from LA!” I stated, crossing my arms over my chest in defiance.

LA? Have you been talking to Liu Lixue again, that last time you spoke with her you ended up in a bad mood for nearly three weeks.” Grandfather pointed out as he slowly made his way to the couch to sit next to me.

that's all put behind us, she agreed I was right that she was wrong, now everything is settled.” Grandmother said stubbornly and sat down in her favorite recliner, “She told me her Granddaughter is very beautiful, the perfect girl for Seunghyun!”

and you believed her!” both Grandfather and I said in unison.

Grandmother seemed taken aback, but stood her ground, “Lixue may have done wrong to me in the past but-”

Grandmother, what if she's ugly, what if the reason she's not married now is because she has the face of a pig!”

now don't be rude Seunghyun, if you;ve seen Lixue you'd know she'd never produce ugly off spring.” Grandfather had a weird smile on his face.

Yah, don't even bring that up again, don't worry Seunghyun, I've seen pictures, apparently she's just as of a much of a workaholic as you, she spends most of her time working.” Grandmother gushed excitedly.

can I see her then?” I sighed out, finally admitting defeat for now. Grandmother beamed and reached into her purse, producing a small picture and handing it to me. I looked down at it, taking in her cubby cheeks, large eyes and long full hair. She seemed good looking enough, something I wouldn't mind getting to know, “how old is she?”

same age as you, only a month younger then you actually.”

she said that she'd be at the airport in an hour, “I looked down at my phone, “and that was three hours ago, .” I grumbled and stood up and pulled my phone up to my ear after I hit redial.

yah! We've been waiting for two ing hours, you better be at the airport right now looking for us.” the person I supposed was Amber said in a mix of Konglish

I'll be there in a half an hour, there's a cafe' not to far from the airport, go there and order something, when I get there I'll pay.”

YAH, you haven't even-” I turned off my phone and turned towards my grandparents, “I have less then ten minutes to get ready because of you.” I sighed and quickly made my way to their front door.

how are you going to make it? You'll never make it in time.” Grandmother stated as she fallowed me, “I mean you're ten minutes from your house already, that gives you even less time to get changed.”

I wouldn't have to worry about this if someone had told me what was going on.”

barrow one of your father's suits, they should fit.” I froze and looked over at Grandmother, her eyes cast downward, as if knowing she had crossed a line.

I'll call you later Grandmother.” I bowed and quickly left there house.

-

When I finally reached Cafe' I couldn't help feeling lost, none of the girls there looked like the one Grandma had showed me earlier. Sitting down, I ordered a cup off coffee and waited, a part of me convinced that she had gotten tired of waiting and left while I had been trying to get here.

hey, you're Seunghyun right?” I looked up and was started when I spotted the same face in the picture, minis the eyes, I remembered the eyes being much larger.

yeah, Amber right?” Another thing I noted was that her hair wasn't the length or fullness of the hair in the picture, making me suspect that it was most likely photoshoped.

Amber nodded and sat down, “you're three hours late, my Grandma had described you as responsible.” she raised an eyebrow and leaned back in her seat. Everything about her was very unladylike, it was almost like seeing a boy in a dress, nothing like the feminine beauty I'd seen in the picture.

yeah, well I hadn't known about you until about an hour ago.” I was a bit embarrassed that I had to admit this to her, but I've never liked lying and it's not like she was my type anyways.

She leaned in, confusion washed over her face, “you just heard about me? Grans said you needed an assistant and that you asked for me and Rachel...” she trailed off, looking as though she were in deep thought, “, she didn't send me here to play wedding planner did she?” she groaned and smacked her forehead, “dammit, she said she wouldn't do this again, ah~ and she sent me all the way to Korea, I can't even confront her in person until I get home.”

I nodded, “My Grandmother did the same thing to me, I didn't even know about you until you texted me earlier, I probably wouldn't have even came here today if you hadn't.” I sighed and leaned my head on my hand, “your Grandmother seems like real crafty one though, sending you across the world, that's pretty big.”

Amber nodded and straightened her back, “grans is going to get an earful when I call her tonight.” she paused then sighed out, “so since we're obviously here for nothing work related, I don't think we ever need to see each other again.” she said and stood up.

I didn't know why, reflexes maybe, but my hand reached out and took her arm, keeping her from leaving, “since you came all the way here, why don't I let you do what you came here for, I mean it might be good to hear both a girl and an American's opinion, I'm curious as to how it might be to work with someone with a similar fame as my self.” I planted on a cheesy smile that I knew got girls to melt and looked her straight in the eyes, something I'd perfected over the years.

Instead of melting like most girls, she burst out in laughter and pulled her arm out of my grasp, “adorable.” she grinned and patted me on the head, “that's nice and all, but I don't even want this job, I just came here cause Grans said she'd let me drop it if I worked with you for seven months.” she kept laughing as she plopped back down in her seat.

and is there still that agreement?” I didn't know why I was trying so hard to get her to stay, she was the complete opposite of the type of girls I usually dated, I usually went for the feminine type, long hair, makeup, all of that stuff... I tried to reason with my self that I was just doing this for Grandmother, because even if her judgment to set me up was a bit annoying, she was just worried that I'd grow up old and lonely if she didn't step in.

Amber was quiet for a moment then sighed, “I don't know, I guess if I leave Grans definitely won't let me out of the Wedding Planners.” she looked back at me and asked, “so I guess we're business partners for now, nice to meet you, I'm Amber Liu, age 23, single, hates what she does, still probably one of the best wedding planners out there though, but what can I say, it was practically bred into me.” I chuckled along with her, knowing exactly what she meant, “and you?”

Song Seunghyun, single as well, much the dismay of my Grandmother, apparently I'm older then you by a month, or at least, that's what Grandmother says, contrary to you though, I actually like what I do.”

-

(Merry Christmas everyone~^^ I got new clothes and a CAMERA!!! and a new MP3 player^^ also, your comments this month have been a great gift as well, I wasn;t sure if anyone would be interested in this^^ it actually made me feel even more nervous, I didn't know how to keep you interested to be perfectly honest -.- this is actually the fifth attempt at chapter two...

but anyways, hope your Chrismas is good, and if you don't celebrate it, hope any other holiday that you celebrate goes well^^ peace on earth and what not^^

Comment and Subscribe^^)