What a Day

It is What it Is

-"That's it!"

 

 

 

 

 

-"Keep it up!"

 

 

 

 

 

-"Give me more!!"

 

 

 

 

 

-"I love your expressions!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

-"Damn you are so pretty!"

 

 

 

 

 

-"Alright! Congrats team we are done here!", Kwon Yuri, arising photographer announced. 

She was waiting for the photos to load onto the projector. Once the photos were shown, everyone was amazed by her talent. The photos came out perfect, HD, you could see no flaws in the process of making it. 

-"The photos are amazing Yuri!", the model happily chirped. -"I mean as expected, from the great Kwon Yuri.", she laughed.

-"Haha thanks, Taeyeon. Though without your facial expressions, these photos might have looked bland and a bit tedious.", she replied as she was packing her belongings. 

Everyone was just about finished cleaning the studio when unexpectedly they heard the door slam open.

 

-"What was that!?" A man from the lighting team yelled.

The door revealed a tall, muscular built, tanned man. 

-"Kai, what the hell is going on!?", Yuri worriedly said while examining his sweaty forehead. 

-"See for yourself! There is a whole riot in the lobby! They are demanding to show yourself at this instant Yul!!!" 

-"What could they want from Yuri...?", the crew murmured.

She told the crew that she will see what's going on downstairs and that she will be right back. She rushed downstairs with Kai and Taeyeon and was greeted with a flood of interviewers.

 

-"Is it true that you will collaborate with B&E?"

-"Why did you accept the proposal of this collaboration!?" 

The interviewers and journalists constantly bombarded her with questions. One question, to another, not giving her any time to respond to their queries.

-"Do you know who Jung Sooyeon is?"

That question caught her off-guard. "Please don't tell me that's the model that we are working with," Yuri thought. Taeyeon caught her uneasy look and noticed a familiar person coming through the door. 

-"Oh my God! Is that... Tiffany Hwang?! THE SINGER!?", Taeyeon screamed pointing to Tiffany's direction.

 

The crew quickly turned around and started surrounding her. The reporters started interrogating Tiffany. This gave the trio time to make an escape and go back cleaning the studio. On the other hand, Tiffany was stuck, nowhere to go. She saw two tanned adults and a midget running away from the reporters. 'DAMN IT! YOU OWE ME ONE!', she roared in her mind.

 


 

 

The three arrived safely to the studio and saw the crew sitting around a table. 

-"Don't worry about your stuff Yuri, we finish packing it for you!", Suga, the one behind all the editing, said carefully handing my bag. -"And uh... We want to celebrate!" He stuttered.

-"Celebrate?" Yuri smiled followed by a chuckle. -"Please explain," acting all innocent.

-"UGH! Do you not know what today is!?", Mark furiously shaking his head. He is a part of the lighting crew. -"Noona! Are you serious! Today marks our 1st anniversary as a team!", he announced while surprising her with a cake.

-"Oh my gosh, guys. Wait... Is it?"

-"Yes!", everyone yelled laughing wholeheartedly.  

-"If it is then, HAPPY ONE YEAR!"

-"HAPPY ONE YEAR!", they all cheered.

 



 

-"Can you believe them, Jessi!? I first walked into the company and was bombarded by reporters! I can't believe it! They used me as an escape plan! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!", all she can hear from the other line is laughter. -"I am here, still traumatized by the act, and you are here laughing at me! Jessica Jung! You are my best friend, HELP ME!!"

-"Haha, I am so sorry for laughing Tiff, but I can't help it. That situation is too funny not to laugh at...", she replied cooling down. -"By the way, what were you doing at SM company anyways?" Curiously asking her best friend.

A long sigh escaped her lips -"They offered me a duet with Eric Nam."

-"EEEEEEEEEEEEE!", she did not expect a squeal as a response. -"What's with the long sigh? It's Eric Nam! Don't tell me, you denied their offer!"

-"No no no! It's not that, it's just that... Nichkhun and some others will work with us.." Tiffany replied sadly. -"I know we ended on good terms, but like it's going to be awkward..."

-"Don't worry Tiff. Trust me, nothing will be awkward between you too! As you said, both of you ended on good terms! There shouldn't be anything to worry about... I got to go now Tiffany, my boyfriend is looking for me."

-"You're right... Take care, Jessi! Love you", sounding relieved that her anxiety is now lifted. 

She felt a sudden poke on her shoulder, startled by the touch she looked back and was welcomed by a shy man standing in front of her.

 

-"Uh... Tiffany... Lee Sooman, the CEO would like to have a word with us." He uttered while I nodded in return.

 


 

 

-"Ms.Hwang! Mr. Nam! Come I want to introduce you to the people you will be working with. This is Heechul, Exy, Nichkhun and-"

Tiffany was individually analyzing her partners when a brunette caught her eyes. -"YOU! You were one of those people in the lobby during the massive commotion!!'. Her sudden outburst shocked everyone. -"You ran off with your tanned friends, while I was stuck there for 10 minutes, TRYING to pick up my words!". Lee Sooman escorted her somewhere else and came back quiet.

While talking about their new project, Taeyeon felt someone's glares piercing through her. She turned her head and spotted Tiffany glaring at her. Once Lee Sooman finished his proposal, he dismissed everyone. 

 

-"Hey Tiffany, do you want to ha-" 

Tiffany ignores the individual and saw Taeyeon exit the office. 'Oh no! She is making a run again', she said enraged at her actions.

-"I am so sorry Nichkhun, next time!", she apologized to the lad and ran off to find the brunette.

-"Damn it!", Nichkhun cursed under his breath. 

 

Tiffany finally caught up to the girl, out of breath, but she managed to utter her words.

-"You owe me!"

-"What do you mean to owe you!? I don't owe you anything!"

-"YOU. LEFT. ME. THERE. in a swarm of reporters getting HARASSED! And you have the audacity to say you don't owe me anything!?"

-"Well yeah..."

-"ARE YOU!" Tiffany grabbed on Taeyeon's shoulders and started to furiously shake her. -"HUH HUH! STILL, NOTHING TO SAY!?"

 

-"I can't believe that I didn't know it was our 1st anniversary as a team... wait..Is that? Holy !", Yuri witnessed the singer, Tiffany,  strangling Taeyeon, a famous model. -"Jesus! What the hell! Can you calm down!" Yuri affirmed while trying her hardest to pry Tiffany off of Taeyeon. It took a good minute to pry Tiffany off Taeyeon and Yuri was struggling on holding Tiffany because of her constant assaults.

-"Oh my gosh! Calm yourself, woman! OKAY OKAY, I WILL TREAT YOU LUNCH! Are you happy now? And please stop scratching Yuri, her arm is bleeding now..." 

-"I'm fine Taeyeon! I'm used to it- C-cause of my cat! She loves to scratch people especially me hahaha!" Yuri retorted while removing her hold on Tiffany. 

-"Hmph, I still don't forgive you. And you owe me lunch for a month."

-"Month!? How about 2 days?"

-"3 weeks." 

-"4 days."

-"2 weeks."

-"OKAY HOW ABOUT ONE WEEK!?"

-"Fine by me."

 

Yuri just stood there studying Tiffany and looked back to Taeyeon who was massaging her temples. -"This witch.." She mumbled under her breath that caught Tiffany's attention.

-"What did you say midget!?" She fired.

-"I called you a witch. WHICH you are!"

The two quarrelled, oblivious that Yuri was still there crossing her arms, observing the duo. -"Oh my gosh...Can this day get any more chaotic!" 

 


 

 

-"BAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!"

-"Yah Kim Hyoyeon! This isn't funny! She strangled me! If it wasn't for Yuri, she could have killed me!" Taeyeon yelled at her cousin and indicated her to refill her drink.

-"I can't help it, she steps foot in your work for the first time, and there is already conflict between you two." She retorted while refilling the drink for the sulking girl. -"By the way, I heard it's your 1st anniversary with your crew, Congrats Yul! I am proud of you!" Congratulating her longtime best friend. -"So what's your plan now buddy?"

-"Continue pursuing my dreams...?" Replied sounding unsure. Which Hyoyeon caught.

-"Hmm, why not become a dancer, like your high school days," Hyoyeon suggested while wiggling her eyebrows. -"What about an actor? You could become a player again like your hi-"

-"NOPE! I think photography is my field haha." Yuri interrupted sounding more confident.

 

-"I can't believe you guys have been friends for a long time... and my cousin didn't even introduce me to you! She had all the chances to introduce me, but we met during one of your college courses." Taeyeon pouted. "How dare you not introduce me to an amazing person Hyoyeon!"

-"Hey it isn't my fault, you were in France doing your own thing."

-"There's a thing called a phone? And what do you use a phone for? Calling people!"

-"That never really popped into my head Cuz!" She laughed at her cousin's pouty face. -"Anyways, Yuri. Your love life. How is it?" Hyoyeon teased. 

Yuri choked onto her drink. She didn't expect Hyoyeon to ask her that question. -"Nonexistent buddy. Too busy, don't have time to find love." She shrugged at Hyoyeon who was disappointed in her answer.

 

-"Yul, it's been years. Are you seriously done with love because of your ty breakup?"

-"That's not it..."

-"Don't bull yourself out of this Kwon. You and Jessica have been over for years now! It's such a shame that she left you, but c'mon we all knew that Jung was something."

Before Yuri could defend herself, Taeyeon remembered something. -"Sorry to cut in your conversation, but speaking of Jung. There is a rumour that Jung Sooyeon will be working with us."

A loud smash was heard. -"Oh ! Sorry!" Hyoyeon apologized while carefully picking up the broken glass.

 

-"Are you good Cuz!?"

-"Yeah, I am fine! It was being careless."

-"Oh okay... Well, I will be excused for a bit. I need to use the washroom" 

-"Alright." Yuri and Hyoyeon said in unison. Aware that Taeyeon is away from them. Hyoyeon flicked Yuri's forehead. -"Your ex-girlfriend is collaborating with you!? What!? How did you forget to tell me!" She hissed while flicking her forehead once more.

-"OUCH! It's a rumour! Look that model might not even be Jessica!" Yuri whimpered. -"Plus it could be a different person with the same name as her!" She added.

-"And what if it is her?!" 

-"Then I don't know! I'll deal with it then!"

-"Aish, I hope you know what you are doing Yuri. Who knows what could happen..."

 

 

 

 

...


 

 

Happy Easter! 

Such a chaotic day at work for our dear Yuri. I wonder what will happen next. Should I play with your heartstrings readers?  Hmmm I'll think about it. Anyways  I hope you all are safe from the virus! Take care of yourselves!