Final

Not

Casually walking along the bookshelves in a certain run-down bookstore hidden away from the busy walkways, a girl in her late teenage years scrolled through the different old gems beyond her sight. 

 

One particular book caught her eye from the far end. 

 

‘It’s kind of a funny story.. - Ned Vizzini’

 

A rather child-friendly book with pastel colors over the cover of the book, the interested girl flipped it front and back and sighed at the physical condition of the book. 

 

Terrible. 

 

Putting it softly back to its rightful place, the girl went to look at more books of her interest. 

 

Turning around the corners, a woman with fair skin caught her attention. Flowy black hair coupled with yellow-trimmed sunglasses, the girl couldn’t ask for more. 

 

It wasn’t long till the other party stood in front of her, bending down slightly to match their eyes at the same level. 

 

“What’s so peculiar with the things around me? To pique such intensity from you?” The whisper found its way to the air-headed girl, who hesitantly took a few steps back. 

 

A movement that earned chuckles from the other, a blush from the user. 

 

“If you’re so persistent in being attracted to me, I can’t say..” The woman then leaned in closer to the girl..

 

“I’m sorry. I don’t mean it that way.” The girl then turned her back to the woman and stomped off agitatedly in a hasty manner. 

 

“...”

 

“That girl..honestly.. Even if you want to avoid me so badly, I’ll still visit you some time. Whether you’d like it or..” The woman contemplated on the last word before going her way as well. 

 

'Not.'