3 - Mean What You Say

Detective Unit: Bulletproof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The police sirens buzz outside the building. Policemen guard the area of the apartment, onlookers crowding around trying to snoop on some gossip, to what is happening that the police are there. There's the yellow caution tape being plastered in a good amount of the hall, and across the door. 

Yoojung stands inside the living room, supervising a policeman who is taking pictures of the crime scene, of a couple officers inspecting the corpse, and a few searching the entire place for evidence. She turns to where Jimin is, by the door talking with someone on the phone. She questions what's taking him so long to report. Seokjin is supposed to meet them at the scene, to discuss the case further, but it has been a good hour and he still isn't there. 

Not able to wait any longer, Yoojung goes to Jimin. "What's the problem?" 

Jimin looks up to her and opens his mouth. No words come out though when a big group of people suddenly steps inside. Big air of confidence surrounds their entrance and that one skip beat of Yoojung's heart tells her that they aren't good news. 

There's about seven of them, wearing professional suits under black coats.

"Who are you people-"

The person in the very front and middle takes out something in a quick motion, holding it on Yoojung's face. It's an ID. Police ID. "Inspector Seo Eunkwang from BTOB Unit." 

Yoojung only frowns in confusion, also from the offense of how rude this guy is to shove the ID right to her face. 

"We received a message from the Main Station. We're taking over the case from here," Inspector Eunkwang says. 

"What did you say?"

"We're in charge of this case now," the tallest one speaks, flashing his own ID. Officer Yook Sungjae. "Now feel free to leave right this moment." 

"In charge? This is our case-" Yoojung raises her voice, anger pumping in her veins. She's ready to blow. What the hell are they saying? This is their case. Where did these people come from?

"Yoojung," Jimin calls her and she turns to him. Her partner shakes his head. "Let's just go. Leave it to them."

"Leave it to them? This is our case!" she exclaims, feeling the absurdity of the whole thing. 

"If you have anything to say," Eunkwang speaks, earning Yoojung's head. "I suggest you to take it to your leader."

 

As soon as they return to the station, Yoojung raids her superior's office, barging in and slamming her hands hard on the desk. 

"What the hell are you trying to do?" she yells, face red and eyes flickering in rage. 

During the ride, Jimin have informed her that their Head have passed the murder case to their earlier visitors. Why, she asks, and Jimin tells her that their unit doesn't handle murder cases. Why, again she asks but this time Jimin doesn't know which only goes to one option and that is to confront their boss instead. 

She's not in her right mind. To yell at her superior and start a fight. With her temper, rationality is the last thing she has. She demands answers and she will get it through her way. That means Yoojung doesn't care if the person she's confronting is her own boss, doesn't care if it'll cause her this job. She only cares about getting her damn answer to why her case was given to someone else. 

Jimin is right behind her, calling her and pleading to not do something she'll regret. Taehyung and Jungkook as well as Yoongi are outside, peering in curiosity on what is going on. 

"That was our ing case. Why are you giving it to those bastards?"

Seokjin stays calm the whole time, sitting on his chair with his head up to face her, looking at her straight into her eyes. He doesn't even flinch when Yoojung slams the door open with a bang and slams her hand on the table hard. He can see how angry she is, fire lighting up her irises, with jaw clenched and face red contrasting her normal skin tone. 

"Officer Cho, you may not be informed, but our unit doesn't handle homicide cases," he explains calmly and keeping his eyes line to hers. 

"And why the hell is that? We took the case. We handled it. We found the body. We should get that case!" She yells at his face. Jimin rushes inside and pulls her arm but the woman only shrugs him off, surprisingly strong as he stumbles forward with Taehyung rushing to keep him from falling. 

"Take it back. I am not giving up on that case. I will finish what I started," she continues, challenging the older man. Seokjin just stares into her. 

"I'm sorry, Officer. You may have dealt with cases like this in your previous unit, but I'm afraid that my unit implicitly handles the minor cases like fraud, theft, property destruction, those but not homicide."

Yoojung smirks. "That's probably why this unit is nothing but a piece of crap." 

There's audible gasps behind her and the striking silence that follows her remark. It bites her right after the words leave and remorse prick her chest. She doesn't mean it. She really doesn't. Yet apology seems stuck in , refusing to come out. 

Seokjin's eyes don't show emotions, but Yoojung notices his jaw hardening. The tension dropped into cold air. Yoojung regrets letting her last words slip. 

Under the silence, Seokjin leans back and heaves a long sigh. "You may leave. You're done for the day, Officer Cho."

 


Yoojung realizes she may have cost herself her own job. She feels remorse, but at the same time, it's not fair. She's only expre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter