Chapter 2: The Suit

The Crime Busting Chronicles of Do Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The elevator dinged. The door opened onto the eighth floor, Kyungsoo’s favorite floor. And it was his favorite floor because of a certain Kim Jongin, the super hot and super untouchable writer who worked as a restaurant reviewer for the Cosmic Herald, which was only the most glamorous magazine in the whole city. Kyungsoo had never actually interacted with Jongin, but that didn’t matter. He liked to admire from afar. Even today, when he was still sore as hell from stopping a moving train for the first time in his life, pushing the cart with packages along at a mincing pace.

    Oh, yeah. Kyungsoo worked at a glamorous place but he didn’t have the most glamorous job. All he did was give out mail. Sometimes some of the people were nice enough to acknowledge his presence, but on most days he walked through the building like a phantom bestowing gifts with an invisible hand. Hm, invisibility would have been a nice ability to have. Too bad he was stuck with super strength.

    He was so close to Jongin’s cubicle, readying himself to get a glimpse of those beautiful full lips and cat eyes, just another corner to round—

    But Jongin wasn’t there. Damn.

    He sighed, placing a slim package on Jongin’s desk, then made his rounds, taking signatures from the people he needed them from, plopping packages on desks and shelves and sometimes the floor, until he was done with floor eight without seeing Jongin even once. What a bummer.

    Kyungsoo turned the corner, stopping abruptly when he saw someone walking towards the cart. But the person did not see him. . One of the big boxes toppled off the cart, and Kyungsoo’s hand shot out instinctively to catch it. The person started to apologize profusely (, it was Jongin, looking absolutely gorgeous with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows), but when he saw Kyungsoo holding what was easily an eighty pound box by the corner with only one hand, he trailed off. Kyungsoo blanched and let the box slip from his hand, feigning pain. He clutched his wrist to his body, wincing when Jongin gave him a skeptical look.

    “Are you okay?” Jongin asked.

    “I’m fine! These packages are always heavier than they look,” he joked. Except that box looked pretty ing hefty, so it wasn’t a really convincing lie.

    Still, Jongin gave him a sympathetic smile.

    “Tricky things, huh,” Jongin said. “Here, let me help you.”

    “Oh no! Please, don’t worry about it,” Kyungsoo squeaked, squatting to pick up the box before Jongin could feel it’s weight, but—

    Ow. They bumped heads.

    “I’m so sorry!” he gasped.

    Jongin laughed. “It’s fine. My mom always said I had a thick skull.”

    He rapped his knuckles against his forehead, right next to the redness that was blooming from their crash. Kyungsoo wanted to kiss his oo.

    “I, um, left a package on your desk,” Kyungsoo blurted out.

    Stupid Kyungsoo. Why did he say that? Because he was the mail guy, and there was no other way to keep this conversation going. Ugh.

    “Oh, thanks! I guess I’ll be seeing that now,” Jongin said with a brilliant smile. “You really should let me pick up the box I knocked over.”

    “I already hurt your head, I’m not going to have you hurt your back on my account, too,” Kyungsoo huffed, squatting by the box.

    Jongin made a face, but laughed.

    “Take care of yourself,” Jongin said. “Don’t let anyone else head you.”

    “Not planning on it,” Kyungsoo said with a giggle.

    And then he picked up the box with a groan, because he had to make it look like this required a lot of effort. Jongin winced, but Kyungsoo shook his head at him, plopping the box back onto the cart.

    “See? Fine,” he said, patting the box.

    Jongin narrowed his eyes at Kyungsoo, but smiled anyway, and left with a wave.

    Okay, so that was definitely not how he wanted his daily encounter with Jongin to go, but it could also have gone much worse. Much, much worse. Or maybe that’s his super hero brain speaking, because unless some tentacled beast decided to burst into the building right at that moment, things probably couldn’t have gone that much worse, could they?

 

~

 

    “E!” Baekhyun screamed, running into the sprawling mansion.

    “Dahling! How are you?” a diminutive woman replied, the hem of her silk robe flaring as she tottered up to meet Baekhyun in a hug. “What have you done to my suit?

    “Nothing! You know Black Phoenix is always the careless one,” Baekhyun squeaked, sounding offended.

    “Hmph, I suppose so,” she said, her teeth. “But who is this?”

    The woman walked up to Kyungsoo, eyeing him in ways that made him blush. And then she poked his thigh and hummed.

    “This is Steel Pig,” Baekhyun said with a grin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter