1/1

Renjun's Little Secret

"Now Hyuckie, when you said we were going on an adventure I didn't think you meant this," Jeno complained to Donghyuck as he leaned against the steering wheel of his sports car. He looked out through the windshield with a bored expression.

 

"Shhhh, I can't see when you're talking," a distracted Donghyuck growled as he slapped a hand over his friend's mouth. He glared through the binoculars he'd stolen from Mark. He had them pointed in a very specific direction. Jeno rolled his eyes and peeled the hand from his face and then tossed his long blonde bangs out of his face. He adjusted his dark sunglasses over his eyes and sighed loudly. They were being sneaky...or at least that's what Donghyuck said. Really they were sitting outside the local coffee shop watching Renjun have coffee with a handsome boy.

 

A handsome boy they didn't know.

 

"Why are we spying?" Jeno asked Donghyuck curiously as he leaned back in his seat and tucked his arms behind his head, "What's the big deal? He's on a date." Donghyuck scoffed, "What's the big deal?" he mocked incredulously, "I should've asked Jaemin to bring me. You and Mark don't understand anything." He shook his head and mumbled out, "Stupid boys." Jeno rolled his eyes again, "I understand that you and NaNa like to be in people's business," he snarkily replied. 

 

Donghyuck sat back in the passenger seat and tossed the binoculars into Jeno's backseat. Jeno shot up and pinched Donghyuck, "Hey! Don't take your frustrastions out on my leather seats!" he snapped. Donghyuck his teeth and reached over the console to elbow his friend, "Shut up! I'm not mad!" Jeno gave the other boy a skeptical look, "Are you sure about that? You're all huffy."

 

Donghyuck ignored him and turned his attention back to Renjun, "Look at him over there, laughing and ," he grumbled. "What is the problem?" Jeno asked him as he absentmindedly checked his phone. "Why didn't Renjun tell us about him? Why would he keep this guy a secret?" Donghyuck queried more to himself than to Jeno. "I don't know," an annoyed Jeno said back, "Let's go ask him." This stakeout was not fun.

 

Before Donghyuck could respond, Jeno was unbuckling his seatbelt and opening the driver side door. "Nooo!! JENO COME BACK!" Donghyuck yelled as he dived across the front seat and grabbed ahold of his friend's t-shirt. He tried to yank the other boy back inside the car, but Jeno had already torn himself free. "Come on!" Jeno fiercly ordered before walking around the car to the sidewalk.

 

Donghyuck watched Jeno make a beeline toward the outdoor table their friend and his date was occupying. He cursed and hopped out the car and ran behind Jeno. He caught up to his friend and grabbed his arm, attempting to pull him back to the car. Unfortunately Jeno was bigger and stronger. He grabbed Donghyuck's wrist and dragged him along.

 

They rapidly approached the table and Renjun stopped mid-laugh as soon as he recognized the pair. Donghyuck watched the color drain from Renjun's face. "What's wrong Renjun?" his date asked. "Yea what's wrong Renjun?" Jeno echoed through a smirk. Donghyuck kept quiet and stood behind Jeno. "Uhhh," Renjun said as he felt his panic rise. Renjun's date's eyes went from Jeno to Donghyuck and then back to Renjun, "Baby? What's going on?" he asked in confusion, "Do you know these guys?"

 

"Baby?" Donghyuck repeated a rather loudly. He glared at his friend and crossed his arms. Renjun thought briefly about running away but his date drove...and he actually liked the guy. He sighed and turned to his friends, "What the hell are you guys doing here?" he snapped. Donghyuck narrowed his eyes and barked back, "No what the hell are YOU doing here?" he turned to look at the other boy at the table, "And who is he?"

 

"Who am I? Who are you two?" the unidentified boy asked back defensively. He sounded uncomfortable and confused. Jeno seemed to be the most calm of them all, "I think you have some explaining to do Huang Renjun," he said to his friend gently. The trio stared at Renjun expectantly. Renjun blushed and twisted the cloth napkin in his hands tightly. He was embarrassed it seemed.

 

Renjun glared at his friends and sighed loudly, "Fine! Fine! Fine! But will you both at least sit the down first? People are staring!"

 

Jeno and Donghyuck occupied the other bench at the outdoor table and stared at their friend, waiting for an explanation. "Hyuckie and Jeno, this is Xiao Jun...my boyfriend," Renjun timidly introduced, "Xiao Jun, these are 2 of my best friends Donghyuck and Jeno." "BOYFRIEND?" Donghyuck all but yelled as Jeno was simultaneously saying, "Nice to meet you," to Xiao Jun.

 

Donghyuck was beyond pissed. He shot to his feet, reached across the table to grab Renjun's elbow, and then yanked him away from the table. "We gotta talk," he ordered. Jeno stared over at Xiao Jun who was staring awkwardly back at him. "Are those your real eyebrows?" Jeno asked him curiously.


Donghyuck dragged Renjun over to Jeno's car and let him go. "Explain," he demanded with a cross of his arms, "Explain how I, your very best friend, didn't know you were dating anyone, LET ALONE HAVE A WHOLE BOYFRIEND?" Renjun sighed and held his hands out to his friend, "Will you calm down, Hyuckie? Please?" Donghyuck lowered his voice to a growl, "How can I? I feel so betrayed! I literally tell you everything, but you kept such a huge thing from me!"

 

"Donghyuck, I'm sorry for keeping Xiao Jun a secret. I really am," Renjun told his friend as he placed hands on his shoulders, "But I have my reasons."

 

Donghyuck bit his tongue but nodded for his friend to continue. Renjun moved to lean against the side of Jeno's car and said, "The only reason I haven't told anyone about Xiao Jun yet is because I wasn't sure how well we were going to work out." "What does that mean?" Donghyuck queried curiously. Renjun bit his lip bottom lip and continued, "Do you remember that rude classmate I told you I had? The one that refused to work on that anatomy project with me?" 

 

"The project that was worth 30% of your final grade?" Donghyuck asked as it dawned on him, "That's the jerk I threatened to run over with Mark's truck??"

 

Renjun sheepishly nodded, "He's not as terrible as I thought," he told his friend, "It turns out that he only refused to work with me because I have the highest marks in class and he didn't want to ruin my ranking." Donghyuck nodded, "So he's a considerate jerk?" Renjun laughed and pushed his friend a little, "He's not a jerk. He's very sweet, and funny, and he has a lot of pets, and he's cute," he dreamily listed.

 

Donghyuck chuckled and fired off a round of questions, "He is really pretty. Is he a good kisser? Have you guys kissed yet? Have you guys had ?"

 

"Lee Donghyuck!" Renjun shouted in disbelief with a smack to his best friend's arm. Donghyuck giggled at his friend, "So no yet?" "I swear if you don't shut the  up I'm going to choke you right here," Renjun threatened but there was no malice behind it. Tickled, Donghyuck laughed harder but nodded, "Okay. Okay." There was a brief pause between them and then Renjun offered, "He's a really great kisser. His lips are really soft and his hands are really big, but that's all I'll tell you right now." Donghyuck thought Renjun's bright red cheeks were utterly adorable.

 

"You really like him don't you?" Donghyuck asked through a gentle smile. He tossed an arm over his best friend's shoulders and hugged him into his side. "I do, Hyuckie. He's really amazing," Renjun conceded throught a wide smile. Donghyuck tugged his friend back towards their forgotten boys and said, "I guess we should go back so I can properly introduce myself to your man."

 

Renjun linked his arm with Donghyuck's and they walked back to the table.


"I don't know how else I can prove to you my eyebrows are real man," Xiao Jun told Jeno as he wiped a wet napkin across his eyebrows again, "See? No makeup." Jeno seemed to be in awe, "They're just so thick, like a wolf." Xiao Jun tilted his head back and laughed, "Thanks...I guess." Renjun sat down beside his boyfriend as confusion covered his soft features, "What is going on here?" he asked. Xiao Jun smiled brightly at Renjun as the younger boy hugged his arm. "Nothing, your friend is funny," he answered.

 

Renjun grinned and leaned into Xiao Jun, "If you like him, you'll love my other friends Mark and Jaemin," he hinted. He definitely seemed more comfortable. "Our boyfriends," Jeno explained while pointing at Donghyuck and himself. "Xiao Jun, I'm sorry I was so rude before. I'm glad to see my best friend happy with someone. He's been very lonely and annoying being our group's 5th wheel," Donghyuck addressed his best friend's boyfriend.

 

Renjun kicked his friend under the table, "Shut the hell up Lee Donghyuck," he hissed at his best friend. Xiao Jun raised an eyebrow at the friends, "You have an interesting group of friends," he told his significant other, "I can't wait for you to meet mine."