Heavy

Pain in Darkness
Please log in to read the full chapter


        "Are you cold?"
    
        "I wouldn't be if you sat beside me." 
    
    The former scoffed, crinkling her nose in disgust. "Is this really the time for that? You're insufferable Byulyi." 
    
    The blonde forced a light chuckle in response. “I was just trying to bring up the mood a bit. It's why you stuck around isn't it Yongsun?" 
    
    The older girl hummed quietly, averting her gaze to a random spot on the floor. 
    
        "Maybe if the circumstances were different… I wouldn't have." She muttered under her breath, but her words cut sharp and rang thunderously in the silence. 
    
    Moonbyul's breath hitched, feeling a heavy weight in her chest from the harsh words. Without responding, she dejectedly hung her head before deciding to play with the hole of her ripped jeans.
    
    The two had been sitting on opposite sides of the musty room in what seemed to be an abandoned building. The walls and floor were lined with worn and cracking cement. The only light illuminating the space came from thin cracks of a narrow, well-boarded window. It was chilled, as if an air conditioner was set on full blast. The only way in or out was a thick, padlocked, sliding, metal door. 
    
    The room for the most part was empty. It only bore the two bodies, the cracked, wooden benches they sat upon, which were merely thin planks of wood elevated by cement bricks. As well as a dirtied, square rug in the centre. 
    
        "Do you think we'll get out of here Unnie?" Moonbyul asked in a low tone, breaking the dead silence between them. 
    
    Yongsun didn't immediately reply, still absently staring at the spot on the floor. 
    
    Despite her blank expression, her thoughts we

Please log in to read the full chapter