-♡-

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, again,” Kyuhyun mumbled and continued scrolling through his Instagram feed.

“What happened?” Ryeowook asked, making the latter hum.

“You’d know if you had an Instagram account. Can’t help you don’t.”

“Hey!” the other man sounded offended. “If I’m not a social media addict it doesn’t mean I don’t deserve to know the news!”

“You for sure aren’t a social media addict; the only thing you do is spend half of your life in KakaoTalk.”

“I still have an access to your food, Kyuhyun. If I were you I’d choose words wisely.”

Feeling slightly frightened because of this threat, the younger still decided not to show it affected him in any way.

“Only because I’m nice,” he said and snorted, ignoring the fact that Ryeowook rolled his eyes. “Come here.”

The other guy stood up quickly and moved to the sofa the younger was sitting on, falling on it right beside him. He stared at the screen of Kyuhyun’s phone and frowned.

“Donghae’s account?” he asked just to make sure.

“Yup.”

“And it’s a picture of…”

“It’s a picture of him, correct.”

“And?”

“Look who liked it.”

Ryeowook looked at that heart most of Instagram users were obsessing with – he never could understand that weird trend – and saw Hyukjae’s username there.

“Hyukjae liked it, so? Don’t friends like each other’s posts to show some appreciation?”

“Friends do. But Hyukjae…”

And then it clicked.

“Hyukjae said he only likes pictures of himself,” Ryeowook remembered.

Yes, Hyukjae did say so once. He didn’t really pay attention to his words, since there was no chance for the younger to get his “Like” anyway. So that was a serious matter, not a joke he blurted out randomly just like he always does?

“Maybe Donghae borrowed his clothes again?”

“Why won’t we ask Hyukjae himself?” Kyuhyun proposed without noticing the word ‘again’. Donghae loved stealing others’ things more than anything, after all. Especially if those were Hyukjae’s things.

Speaking about him. The black-haired guy walked into the room while Kyuhyun was speaking (that’s the reason why he said they could ask him directly) and only raised an eyebrow at that phrase.

“Ask Hyukjae what?” the guy asked, but he never stopped heading to the fridge. The thirst was unbelievable and he really needed some water.

“About you liking Donghae’s post,” Ryeowook said bluntly.

“And what about that?”

“It’s you we’re talking about, Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun pointed out. “You never like posts if there’s no your face on the picture.”

“I do occasionally.”

“Well, you never did that to me.”

“Maybe you’re the problem here then?”

Even Kyuhyun didn’t really know how to answer that question; Hyukjae smirked. He then put a water bottle back to the fridge and came closer with a glass in his hands. While the juniors kept giving him a questioning look, he kept scanning the picture on Kyuhyun’s phone screen.

That was nothing much; typical Donghae picture. Just him on a bed, covered in blanket that became his favorite on the day the guy bought it. His slightly wavy messy hair – which was quite long by now – was everywhere on a pillow. Small smile on his face and tired look in his eyes.

“He looks good here, doesn’t he?”

The other guys looked at that picture simultaneously. It doesn’t matter how hard they tried, they still couldn’t find anything special there.

“Donghae’s face always looks good,” Ryeowook remarked. “But what’s so special about that photo?”

“Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder,” Hyukjae said and chuckled once he noticed the guys’ bewildered look.

He absolutely didn’t want to answer that question sincerely, didn’t he?

***

“You did that again!” Kyuhyun exclaimed loudly; even the driver was startled a little by his exclamation.

It became his little passion to monitor Hyukjae’s likes on others’ Instagram posts, but it really looked like the guy wasn’t generous enough to press that magic button unless it was his sister’s account or someone took a picture with him. However, there was one exception.

Lee Donghae.

“You liked Donghae’s post again, hyung.”

“Huh. Yeah, he looks good on that photo.”

“He took a picture of his damn plant.”

“Oh, really?”

Kyuhyun was losing it. They lived in the same dorm, yet he couldn’t find out what was the reason behind this behavior. See, it’s not like it really mattered. So what if Donghae was the only person (apart from Sora) whose posts Hyukjae was ready to like? Aside from that little bit of curiosity, there were no reasons for the younger to be so eager to know it. But that was Hyukjae who made him so uneasy. His behavior.

Every time Kyuhyun asked the guy acted like there was a reason for him to do that, yet he refused to tell. That’s why the other was losing it.

“Kids, stop bickering,” Leeteuk said, but didn’t even look at them – he was too focused on his phone. “Hyukjae, whatever it is you took from Kyuhyun – give it back.”

“He took away my peace of mind,” the younger complained.

“Oh. I don’t think it’s possible for him to give it back then.”

Hyukjae chuckled and shook his head. Kyuhyun sighed dramatically. There was no one in this world who could understand him.

Once the car with those three men arrived to the place where they were supposed to shoot their show and they made it out of the vehicle Kyuhyun was ready to forget it. There were other members he could hang out with, besides Hyukjae was busy with Donghae who literally rushed to him screaming, “Hyukjae! I missed you!” as if they didn’t see each other two days ago and as if he didn’t miss others at all.

“Yeah. Hello,” Hyukjae was rather cold with his reply, so the younger hugged Leeteuk, seeking for some comfort and warm welcome.

However, the leader was quite preoccupied with some preparations, so they were left alone pretty soon. Donghae didn’t even try to hide his pout once he faced smiling Hyukjae.

“You could’ve greet me properly,” he said and he sounded really upset.

The black-haired guy could only offer him a soft smile and moved his hand in order to fix the latter’s unruly hair and tuck a strand behind his ear. The other male shivered slightly; goosebumps were clearly visible on his neck. Hyukjae couldn’t help it but his smile became wider, as he always found it quite amusing that despite everything they’ve gone through his friend was still so honest with his reactions.

“I’m always the colder one, remember?” he winked, thinking about how both fans and members used to think Donghae’s always been more affectionate in their relationship.

“You’re not like this when we’re alone,” Donghae tried to tease back, but everyone knew that even when this guy was teasing he couldn’t really face the consequences.

This time wasn’t an exception.

“Oh, really?” the black-haired guy asked, pulling the other closer and grabbing his ‘accidentally’. “Should’ve I done this then?”

Their bodies were close – close enough for their abdomens to collide and Donghae start feeling funny – and the taller (it was only 1 cm, but Hyukjae loved bragging about it) guy’s arms were circled around the other’s waist. Donghae pressed his palms against his friend’s chest, trying to stop their faces from getting closer.

It really seemed like Hyukjae was going to kiss him.

“H-hey,” he muttered. “We’re not alone here…”

“So what? We’re inside this studio and it seems like there’s no one apart from members and our staff. And they know. What’s the problem then?”

Donghae’s face started reddening and he looked around as if he was going to steal something. Hyukjae kept looking at him in amusement. In fact, Donghae was more affectionate when it came to something silly. Playful hugs, fan service, excitement. He definit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter