Epilogue

Finding Family

NOTE: Lines are used to signify unspecified timeskips (in case anyone gets confused) ^v^ Enjoy!


"'It's too soon for us to date', says the two people who proceeded to date each other as soon as we're out of their house." Hani said, deadpanned. They were gathered in Hyelin's house for dinner some days later, where the two unnies promptly broke the news to the younger three. Solji just chuckled nervously.

"Well... We had a lot of time to think while you girls were with us for a week. It's just, we realised that we didn't want to spend our lives together with someone that isn't each other, so..."

"Yeah, and having each other is working wonders for us in our recovery, y'know? We're always there to help each other with moving on from our families disowning us. I doubt I'd trust anyone else to be this patient and understanding of my problems. Besides, you wouldn't want to be around for the things we do anyway." LE smirked to them as Hyelin gave her a horrified look.

"We slept on that bed." LE just gave a wink in response, to which Solji whacked her lightly.

"Stop that! Don't put lies in their heads, Hyojin! We haven't done anything like that yet!"

"'Yet', she says." Jeonghwa teased before laughing. "You two are so cute together! We're so happy for you, unnies!" Her large grin suddenly softened to a nervous smile. "Just, uh, let us know when you two have done that so we know to bring our own sleeping bags. Or get somewhere else to stay." LE just stuck her tongue out at her.

"Don't want to!"

"Unnie~~~, I'm serious~~~!" Jeonghwa whined as dinner proceeded with endless laughter and teasing.


"So, our first date is to a movie, eh?" Solji asked as LE flashed the tickets to her with a shrug.

"Well, you've wanted to watch this movie since forever." Solji just chuckled.

"And you actually remembered? How sweet of you." She said as she gave LE a light peck on her cheek, laughing when LE blushed.

"It was too soft. I couldn't feel it at all. Do it again." LE smirked as Solji grinned back.

"Don't wanna~!" She teased as LE gave her an adorable pout.

"Then shall we not watch the movie either?" Instantly, Solji's tone changed from teasing to panic as she reached out her hands towards the tickets that LE was holding out of her reach.

"No, no! I'm sorry, I was just joking!" She was silenced by a quick peck to her lips. Stunned, she didn't react even as LE pulled away. She touched her lips lightly in a daze, only to be distracted by 2 tickets being waved in front of her face. Looking to LE, she saw a wide smirk on her face.

"I'm just joking too." That snapped her out of her stupor as she landed repeated soft punches on LE's back, pouting adorably.

"You tease! You absolute tease! I hate you!"

"Love you too, unnie!" LE just laughed as she slipped away and allowed Solji to chase after her in a playful fury.


"Hey, Hyojin?" Solji asked as they sat on a bench in the moonlit park, having decided to go for a stroll one night.

"Hm?" LE asked absentmindedly, her attention fixated on the stars in the sky.

"It's amazing, don't you think? The way fate works." LE smiled.

"Tell me about it. Back then, it felt like the end of the world when my family couldn't accept me as I am, but from what I thought was despair that I could never escape from, I gained a new family from friends who understand and accept me, and even a girlfriend too. It still feels so unreal sometimes." Solji chuckled.

"That's how I feel too." She tilted her head to look up at the sky as well. "The stars look so pretty tonight. They're sparkling like a million diamonds in the sky. As if they're congratulating and encouraging us somehow." She then turned to LE. "Maybe one day, our rings will look like them, as if two of them had come down to watch over us and our relationship." LE laughed as she looked to Solji.

"Thinking about marriage already? It’s only been 2 years since we started dating, unnie." She teased.

"We’re pretty much a married couple without the rings. Even the girls said so!" Solji pointed out with a pout. LE chuckled as she reached out and held Solji's hand.

"Then one day, when our lives get more stable, let's get married for real. For now, let this be our engagement." She said as she took Solji's left hand and lifted it up, raising her own left hand next to hers. She positioned it such that it looked like a star was resting on their left ring finger and snapped a picture, sending it to Solji. Solji's breath hitched as she looked at the picture. The stars sparkling on their left ring finger as if they were their rings, the way their hands were softly illuminated by the moonlight, and the starry night sky serving as the background...It felt so ethereal that Solji almost couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"It's so...unreal." She murmured, finally releasing the breath she had been holding. "You're unreal." She said to LE. "I love you, Hyojin." LE smirked as she wrapped her arms around Solji, pulling her in to connect their lips.

"I love you too, Solji unnie."