What Happened Behind Glass Doors

Random One Shot Fics

"Sato-chan"

I heard someone calling my name as i was having a sweet nap with my head on my desk. Yes, another day spent at the office.

"Sato-chan"

I heard again that made me groan in frustration and messed my hair.

"Coming" I slowly stood up, fixed my clothes, grabbed the notes i spent the night with and opened my glass doors to fill in this stupid notes to my boss. Yes, you heard it right. I got this bossy boss who thought high of himself, but take note. He dont do his jobs and instead pass it all to me, and you know whats frustrating? He isnt even the son of my former boss hence just the 'future-son-in-law' of this firm. Nuts right? Like his head is just full of nuts.


"Here" As soon as i arrived on his desk, i placed all thr five notebooks i had previously on my hand infront of him as he counted it piece by piece. "Incase you cant understand about it which i think a lot please do hit that fax over there to get in touch with me, sir." I emphasized the word sir as if to wake him up from spacing out. "Oh and one last thing, can you do your own speeches for the press later? I cant do it for you always" I gave a sarcastic smile as i turned my back on him with anger rushing through my head.

"Sato chan, arigatou" He softly said as i blinked.
"Its my duty, sir" Then i went out of his office.

"I didnt heard another paper thrown out of the wall today" Rein said as she sipped her tea in the morning.
"Tea in the morning?" I said while looking at her cup.
"Why? Want some?" She offered as i shook my head.
"So, hows the stuff going on between you two? Its been what, 2 months?" Another girl, she is Chiaki by the way, who approached us as she fix her glasses and smiled at us.
"2 months of restless nights, let me correct" Rein pointed her finger at me as she corrected Chiaki.

"Well, im too tired to argue, ive been feeling so unwell and apparently, that guy" I pointed at the door i previously went on  "aint helpin at all" i said as i pinched my nose bridge closing my eyes.
"Take a break okay? He is just as dense as anyone, well. Who in the right mind would assign a stranger to be a president of a law firm" Chiaki said as she puts a hand on my shoulder.
"Our former boss?" Rein said.
We both looked at her at her obvious statement.
"What- he is insane okay?" She added as she sips another tea again.

Well, yes my former boss is insane. I've been working on this company for a year when her daughter was assigned here on the company for a month or two. Yabu, the guy behind that glass door was a newcomer on this company, he is a nice guy, I must say. But kinda slow on taking things up, especially at work. I was assigned to train him before this whole thing came up. To fast it forward, Shinobu, our insane boss' daughter clinged on Yabu and actually liked him to the point she was insane to tell our boss she wants to marry him. And thats how he ended up behind that glass doors.

"Sato, earth to you?" Chiaki snapped her fingers infront of me as i woke up to my senses.
"Ah, Inoo said their department is to hold a meeting later. I think you are in it" I closed my eyes and sighed.
"Why cant they all do everything without me?" I walked out and left the two alone then went to my office and slumped covering my eyes.

"Satomi chan-- senpai" I heard a guy called my name as i turned around.
"Yabu Kota desu" The tall guy bowed infront of me as i bowed back. "Im a trainee at this company, please take care of me" He added as I nodded then turned my back at him "Anou~" I heard him said as i halted on my tracks and waited for him to tell something but all i heard was, Have a good day today.

"Looks like someone finally got their eyes on you huh?" I know that voice, i was so familiar with that annoying voice. 
"What are you talking about?" I didnt look at the person talking as i continued to grab a coffee on the machine. 
"I like Kota okay?" She said and I nodded. 
"Is that what you want to say?" I finally turned and bowed.
"Dont act to rigid and high, im still higher than you" I rolled my eyes at her words and walk out fully. 

Days and weeks pass and i trained Yabu as much as i can for him to fit at our office. 

"What should i do with the pending approvals then?" He asked. 
"For approvals, you can call Kei's department and Fukuyama's" I told him as i looked at him with his eyes plastered on my face. 
"Are there any problems?" I blinked and he smiled, he flashed me a wide smile with his eyes forming a straight line because of it as he shook his head. 
"You are just to indulged to work that you cant even smile" He said. 
"Business is business. Take that in mind" I said. 

"Oh" 

He just said and continued to smile as he closed his notes.

"Say, can we go out this weekend?" I suddenly stopped on what iam doing and glared at him in confusion. 
"Oculars....." he said. 
i looked on my notes again and he talked again "But..." 
"Chiaki is in charge of oculars, you can go with him" 
"He is with Keito always.. so no" 

I was seriously annoyed on where is this heading as i look at him and he was still smiling. 
"Are you here to flirt or to work?" I told him.  "Coz if you wanna flirt, then this is not the place for you......" 
"You are just to workaholic, unlike your friends" He said. 
"Dont mind me... mind yourself"
"How can i not if you are training me" 
"If you dont want to be trained by me, ask them for replacement" I stood up from my seat and walked out when I felt a hand on my wrist. 

"Satomi" He said that made my heart beat so fast not until Shinobu came in sight as she opened the doors. 

"Oh, am i disturbing something?" She grinned and looked at Yabu. 

A knock came thru the door to stop me from daydreaming. "Come in" I said. 

"Are you still thinking bout that?" It was Chiaki who came in. 
"What are you talking about?" I said and she shrugged her shoulders handing me a report on my table. 
"Keito told me that Yabu wants to talk to you" 

I looked at her and crossed my arms? 
"Right now" She said and smiled. 

Sometimes I don't get that girl really, so as soon as she walked out i fixed myself and went back to the next room to. mine which is Yabu's. 


"Come in" I knocked twice before i heard his voice. 
"Are you looking for me?" I said as i stood infront of me and he sighed. Why do i feel that he has a problem or such. 

"They want me and her to get married asap" He suddenly said. 
"Oh, congratulations" I said firmly. 
"Satomi!" He shouted as he slams his hand on the table and looked at me. I lost my ground there. 

"Dont you really have such feelings for me?" He stood up with his head low. 
"Dont you really cant see thru things?" 
"Are you really that naive?" 

He continously said. 

"What are you talking about" My eyes were looking at him and seeing him vulnerable like this makes my heart hurt a bit. 

"You know that i like you" He looked at me and suddenly walked towards me. "You know and I know its not one sided... but...." he finally came into close with me as he trapped me between his long arms and the cold wall. 

"Yabu-san....." I said. 

"That night after Shinobu told our boss she likes me, i know you are in the office. The night before that, i know you are there waiting for me if my first project will be approved. You are there........ and... i know....." His head was low and i can feel his voice shaking. 

" Why didnt you stopped it?"
" Iam in no position"
"Why" He shouted. 
"Coz, we are nothing but trainee and mentor-" He suddenly kissed me as soon as i finished my sentence that i just blinked and remembered that night where i was staying at the office with Rein and Chiaki doing some final outputs for the meeting. 

"Dont you think that Shinobu just want to pissed Sato just now?" Rein said. 
Chiaki looked at her and waiting for the sentence to be finished "Look, those two, catfights" Rein said as she joined her two fingers
"Well, got a point. Since college she was too envious of Sato" Chiaki added. 
"Excuse me, Im here" I butted in. 

They both looked at me and they finally got my attention. "Say, when did Shinobu didnt make your life at peace?" Rein uttered and I thought "Obviously, none" She continued.

"Why did you even applied for this job, you know she hates you to bones" Chiaki looked at me.
"I want to learn, and this is the best place, i didnt know her dad is the boss" I said, well i wont lie. Its the truth.

Chiaki nodded and Rein also "She knows Yabu likes you, well its kinda obvious actually" Rein shrugged her shoulder and i just looked at her. "Must say, its love at first talk" Chiaki added and laughed together with Rein. "Yeah, who would like this rigud and workaholic girl right?" Rein added as she and Chiaki got a soace on their own "Yabu san...." They both laughed and i smacked their heads with a pile of paper making them both wince in pain.

"Serves you both right, wrap it up. Meeting done" I stood up and heard the Rein talked again.
"Just give it a try wont you?"
"We can give Shinobu a beating if she gets in the way" Chiaki and Rein jumped infront of me as they both smiled and i nodded slowly before going to own office to fix my stuffs and ready for home.

"Satomi chan" Again, the voice. I turned to see Yabu coming towards my way handling a cold patch as i looked at his hand. "I saw you have a shoulder ache a while ago, this might help" He said and i grabbed it as he run away. Take care goin home. He shouted as i nodded and looked at the patch where a small note is written You did well. I smiled.

I came back to my senses and looked at the guy infront of me as i sighed. "Why did you kissed me" I firmly said. 
"Am i just a trainee to you?" He said and i looked at him. 
"We are in the office, please--" I tried to push him away but he smirked and let a low chuckle. "So you like this game?" He said and i looked at him. "What are you talking about?" 

"As far as I know, im your boss now" He said with his face still coming close to me. 
"Yes, and Shinobu's fiance" I added which made him soft.
"Regarding that one" 
"Just, let me go will you?" I said and pushed him away fully. 
"His father cancelled our engagement....." I stopped on my tracks and looked at him. 

"What?" 
"I got your attention now?"  He said as i still stood at my place. "His father got pissed off at her, wanting to kill her at the moment he wants to marry a stranger like me, and a trainee" He leaned on the door beside him and i just looked at him. "For short, he doesnt approved of me" He smiled. 
"Then why are you still here?" I asked pointing out at him. 
"Ah, this position? Lets say i got a probation that if i did well, then a managerial position will be given to me" That snapped me off. 
"What? I got into hard work? And you will be higher than me?" I got furious that i went to him and smacks his chest. 
"Yah, ouch. Arent you happy im not getting married with Shinobu?" 
"No!" I shouted at him as i glared. "I should be at your position because i did all your stuffs and.........." I was stopped again when he tilted my chin up and grabs my wrist to stop me from hurting him. 
"I like you Satomi" I looked at him and didnt smile. 
"I hate you, i like the managerial spot and what... youll get it? Its unfair" As i said that he chuckled and gave me a rolled paper by putting it on my wrist he was holding. 

"Whats this?" I asked. 
"Since i. told the boss that im still a trainee, he gave me that paper to sign but... i dont think i fit the position. So...." He let go of me and smile as i opened the paper. 

"Managerial Trainee Form?" I said as i look at him. 
"Im the boss right?" He raised one of his eyebrows. 
"What about Shinobu?" 
"We are nothing" 
"I mean where is she?" 
"Thrown out of this office." He said as i looked at him. 
"She was off to train somewhere coz she is a brat" He smiled and patted my head. 

I looked at the paper then at the guy who gave me this. "Is the weekend still available?" I said as he looked at me. "Oculars?" He chuckled as i went pass thru him and he grabbed my arms pulling me to him. "If it was ocular, lets leave it to your friends" After that words he slowly went closer to me, planted his lips to mine as we share a blissful kiss while he caress my cheeks before pulling out to breathe. "Be my girlfriend, Satomi" I chuckled as shake my head. 

"Ask the department heads for the answer" I let go of him as i smile with him running behind me. 

END.