last minute.

last minute

Yena had many friends. Ahn Yujin, Kang Hyewon, and some other friends that Yena is too lazy to mention. She would always study with them and hang out with them, like all friends would. It's funny really, when her friends told Yena that she had a secret admirer. Yena would really never understand why somebody would admire a person like her. She's clumsy, messy, and jokes around too much. She seems like an immature child that you would babysit instead of date.

"Yeah, it's true, you do act like a baby, but a cute one," Yujin tells her when Yena confides about this to her. Yujin squishes Yena's cheeks as Yena thinks about it. Sometimes, love isn't about the outside of how a person is. It's about the inside. Maybe Yena is all that, but she's also all this. Maybe that's how her secret admirer sees her. Yena blushes.

"I just wonder if they're a nice person," Yena said. Yujin shrugs. Yena was not one to discover or have an adventure though. She liked the way things were. She liked people coming to her, like her secret admirer was. Despite Wonyoung, Yujin's bestfriend (crush) constant nagging about her going out, Yena refused. So what if she never marries? She likes being free and being comfortable with her friends. There's no drama about love or whatever, there's just pure friendship and teasing.

"You can do all that with love too!" Wonyoung retorts. Yena scoffs. 

"Yeah, but at least friendship doesn't hurt as much as love!" Wonyoung stays silent.

"Fine, have it your way. Just know that you've disappointed your secret admirer by not meeting up with them." And with that, Wonyoung leaves Yena alone. Yena feels guilty now. For angering her younger friend and for possibily hurting a person she's never even met. She didn't know that she was going to meet this person! But Yena knows that that's not a reasonable excuse.

Whoever this person was that was looking forward to this day was probably sobbing her eyes out in bed, feeling rejected even without being actually rejected.


Yena woke up late for school. She was in her last year of high school and had already chosen where she wanted to go for college. Of course, all her other friends had ambitions and wanted to go to the greatest college in Seoul and whatever, but Yena wasn't like that. She liked to stay in one place. She wanted to study at a nearby college. She had no goals or ambitions, which annoyed her friends. Where was she even taking her life?

While Yena was casually strolling to her first class, she bumps into a girl who ran right into her. Yena fumbles and nearly trips but doesn't. Unfortunately, Yena's toe trips the other girl. Yena gasps dramatically.

"Oh , are you okay?!" Yena asks, concerned. Did she just unintentionally trip somebody?! On top of that, this girl looks like an underclassman. The girl quickly gets up and nods her head. Her hair and bangs covering her face and she eventually runs off. Yena scratches her head.

Was she embarrassed? Yena couldn't tell. After all, she was dense.


Yena was leaving school. The day was finally over, is what she initially thought. But she paused when she heard a soft strum inside the music club. Yena was just leaving from her club as well (the gaming club) and to notice the music club for the first time surprised her. A soft voice sang and Yena couldn't help but listen.

Why, this girl's voice was sweeter than Yujin ever was to Yena and Yena loved it. Yena never understood the concept of love but this might be it. She might even marry this voice (not knowing who she would love to marry). The strumming and singing stopped though. Then, there was soft sobbing. Yena froze.

Oh , comforting? Yena was never good with that. Yujin and Hyewon never got emotional and Yena isn't an emotional person herself, nor was she good at giving advice, so her other friends don't usually go to her for advice.

Yena was about to leave the girl crying on her own until the door to the music club slammed open. Yena jumped and then calmed herself. The girl also jumped (for some reason) and immediately started wiping all her tears, hiding her red, puffy eyes.

"I-I.. I-I" the girl tried talking but that was all she could manage. Yena didn't know what to do. She did the one thing she did best. She smiled. The setting sun had somehow perfectly shined on her as she did, which caused the other girl's heartbeat to increase.

"Are you okay?" Yena asked her. The girl nodded and tried to flee but Yena grabbed her by the hand. "Hey, hey, wait!" Yena grabbed a handkerchief from her uniform pocket and started wiping the girl's cheeks. Yena chuckles. She was really bad at this.

"I..." Yena paused. What was she gonna say? That she was creepily listening to the girl sing and then was about to leave her crying and alone? Yena gulped. "... Your voice is beautiful," Yena told the girl. The girl was frozen. Yena could see her visible blush and just laughed. How cute is she, oh gosh. Yena then introduced herself cheerfully, more comfortable now. Yena reached out her hand for a handshake. Either she was gonna get rejected badly or she was gonna actually make a new friend. 

The latter happened. The girl shook Yena's hand and introduced herself as well. "M-my name's J-Jo Yuri..." she stopped at that. Yena firmly held the girl's hand and wow, was her hand soft. Yena grinned.

"Nice to meet you then. And uh, don't let those bad things get to you," Yena told the Yuri as she was running quite late for home. Her parents and her older brother was going to be worried. "Your voice is the most sweetest thing I've ever heard, okay? Stay healthy!"

Yena waved to Yuri and ran off to home.

If she stayed a little bit longer with Yuri, she could've seen Yuri's tears overflowing her cheeks. Only, they were tears of happiness, and Yuri's small smile turned into the biggest smile ever. Yuri clutches her shirt and laughs out loud with tears rolling down her soft cheeks as Yuri holds Yena's handkerchief in her hand.


Yena would've loved to go to school today. Yujin (apparently) was finally realizing her feelings for Wonyoung and was going to go on a date with the rest of Yena's friends while Hyewon was confessed to by Eunbi. This was a great day for love, but Yena had caught a cold.

What was she gonna do now? Lay in bed sleeping while all her friends hung out without her? Yena was planning to sneak out until somebody had rang the doorbell. Who could that be? There was nobody else home and none of her family members get home until 6 PM or later. Yena almost didn't answer the door but decided that that would be rude, of course.

What if it was her friends visiting her and throwing her a party? Yena hums a happy song at the thought and opens the door with a big grin but was slightly let down by the sit of a only a single girl. It Yuri, Jo Yuri, from yesterday. The girl from the music club. Of course Yena can't forget the girl with a beautiful voice, even besting her friend Chaewon's voice (in Yena's honest opinion). 

"A-ah... hi," Yuri manages to say. Yena greets her back and Yuri hands her some papers. "I'm apart of the student council and uh... I just came to give you your homework," Yuri quickly explains then bows and was about to leave until Yena yells at her (like any sunbae would).

"Yah, you're just going to leave me here?!" Yena teases like how she would to Yujin or Wonyoung but realizes that she wasn't close to Yuri at all. Yena then quickly apologizes when Yuri doesn't answer her. But Yuri was smiling. She even giggled.

"Fine, fine, I'll stay with you for a bit," Yuri tells Yena, not stuttering a bit. Yena does appreciate Yuri's husky yet clear voice. It gives off a mature vibe despite Yuri looking like a whole baby pet hamster.

Yuri came inside and the first thing she did was make Yena soup. It was only soup but Yena thought it was the most delicious soup ever.

The two then chatted. Yuri seemed so comfortable when she wasn't at school. She talked on and on and would have such a happy expression on that Yena wouldn't stop her from talking. Yena felt like a real sunbae. She was staring Yuri but Yuri had stopped talking and was now looking at her as well. A siren went off in Yena's head but Yena played it off smoothly by closing her eyes and showing off her charming smile. She couldn't see Yuri blush and turn to the side as a result.

When Yuri finally left Yena's home, Yena sat down on the ground beside the coffee table where Yuri was sitting. And there, on the table, was Yena's handkerchief on the day that Yuri cried.

Yena smiled. She loved this side of Yuri. Yet, how she was so oblivious to Yuri's feelings.


60.

It was just a normal day for Yena. She walked with Yujin, Wonyoung, and Chaewon to school. She met up with Eunbi and Chaeyeon at school. It was going well until the end of the day. Yena had found a love letter in her locker. It's been a long time since Yena had gotten one, and found out that it was from her secret admirer. The letter had told Yena to meet up at the big cherry blossom tree at the back of the school. Yena planned to walk home with Yuri though, but Yuri was nowhere to be seen. Yena looked around the school for Yuri. At the garden (where Yuri would go to relax), in the music club, in Yuri's classroom, everywhere, but Yuri was gone.

49.

Yena then spotted Yuri already exiting school and onto the street. Yena quickly ran after her. Yuri seemed angry, sad even. Was she alright? Was she okay? Yena could see Yuri turn to the side to reach in her bag. It was a handkerchief. Yuri's own handkerchief. Yuri was... crying. Again.

Yena finally caught up to Yuri only for Yuri to run away.

26.

"Yuri!" Yena exclaimed. Yuri avoided all danger but Yena didn't. By the time Yuri was on the other side, a car rammed into Yena. Screams were heard, blood was splattered, and Yuri's tears increased. That hurts, doesn't it? 

3.

"Yena!" she screamed, running to her. Yena was barely conscious at this point. She wanted to mvoed, to talk. She wnated to speak to Yuri. There was blood from Yena's head. Just as Yena had lended Yuri her handkerchief, Yuri lended Yena hers. She was wiping the blood but it wasn't enough. There was too much blood.

"Yena, stay with me...," Yuri whispered. Yena couldn't even reply or manage a nod. She wasn't going to make it. Yena wanted the ambulance... or someone.. to arrive quickly. "Yena, no, no, don't go to sleep!"

2.

Yena could barely manage to keep her eyes open. "Uhhgh..," she groaned. Yuri sobbed into Yena's bloody uniform. Cars were honking and eventually, police sirens were heard. Yena was quickly but carefully lifted onto a stretcher. Her whole body aches.

But nothing aches more than her heart.

Yena then glances back at the accident scene one last time. She sees a sobbing Yuri with a bloody hamster handkerchief. God, she's so beautiful... 

Yena smiled. How could she not have realized it? That Yuri was the one... who had loved her all along.....

That maybe she was crying because of Yena...?

1.

In which, Yena fell in love with Yuri at the last minute of her life...

0.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(wtf i at writing angst now omg. anyways enjoy lmfao and stan izone :3)