i. is there somebody who can watch you (i know it's me that's supposed to love you)

i like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it's a painful, passionate longing. even when the sun bids goodbye, and the moon takes over. she aches, in places, for a place, an object, or a person; for someone, somewhere or something.


seungwan live for these unseen moments; a small smile to a joke that is only half-terrible, sighs coated with the tiredness of youth, whispers of sweet-nothing that linger in the air like the stench of cheap wine and part-exchanged goodbyes.


seungwan misses the sound of her laughter turning the kitchen into a dance floor, the morning sun peeking through the murky sky; a sign that this too shall pass. 


seungwan yearns for their conventional walks to the elevator, the warmth of badly stirred tea that taste more like water than the scent of cardamon it gives off.  


she hopes to relive those moments of pure ecstasy when all they had to worry about was who's cooking for dinner. she misses the simpler times. the times of pure bliss and normalcy.


she misses being able to stroll around the huge, grass-less ground of chatter and skirmish teenagers roaming hand in hand. the sound of her distinct laughter, the melody lightening the skies aflame. seungwan hopes she's doing well, that she's doing fine.


the sparkle of her eyes dimmed as she whispers into thin air, "good morning, joohyun."


seungwan hopes she misses her, too.

 


joohyun settled down her briefcase on the couch, ing the cuffs of her dress shirt after a long tiring day. 


she's just so tired, and this exhaustion runs deep into her bones no matter how many times she's tried to distract herself from it. she feels numb, or, at least that's what she tells herself. empty might be a better word, but she's forced herself to stop thinking now, and it shows, especially on the job. 


she misses things, lets details slide, hardly notices when facts add up, when the way is right in front of her. she feels as if she's grasping at straws, she feels as if she's gasping for air.


she turns to work because she has nowhere else to turn. but she doesn't know how to work without her. 


"i'm home." she mumbled eventually, voice just above a whisper.


she wonders if home is a peron, face shining brighter than the stars, slow smile and darting eyes.

 


tea has always been her drink. it's soothing taste and calming effect on her would be the main reason why seungwan prefers it over the hideous black liquid. today, she wonders what flavor she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter