Hanging out

Tell me [REUPLOAD]

Awkward. It’s so awkward.

Chaeyoung didn’t think this through. She doesn’t know what possessed her to invite someone she isn’t particularly close with, much importantly into her own home. If she could berate her past self, she would do it without any doubt. But right now, she should focus how to make things less awkward. 

She looked up to see Mina, expectedly sipping her coffee in a calm demeanor. Her eyes closed to completely savour the drink in her hand. Slender fingers gently gripping the cup, her back upright with resolve and loose hair falling freely as she slowly puts down her cup. Mina is the epitome of elegance and at some point, Chaeyoung wanted to copy some of those traits to light some hope that it can help her beat Mina. But after a while, it was nothing but a phase and deemed to be unproductive. Chaeyoung’s observations was broken when the eyes once closed, now looking at her directly in question.

Chaeyoung cleared , making it less obvious for the other girl to notice her panic from being caught. Actually, looking at the Japanese was too relaxing that she forgot the awkwardness that loomed painfully for minutes. She exhaled and similarly closed her eyes to relax. “How’s the coffee?” Chaeyoung finally spoke.

Chaeyoung’s voice was like a knight in shining armour, saving them from the dark awkwardness that reigned over Mina for these past minutes. The comparison is an exaggeration but also perfect for Mina because she’s an awkward person herself, she just knows how to fully control her nervous vices. With a soft smile, she replied. “It’s delicious. May I know where to get some of this?”

“It’a a gift from mom. Let me check if I can give you some.” Chaeyoung stands up, not waiting for Mina to reply and walked towards the kitchen.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to impose..” Mina said with uncertainty. She’s glad Chaeyoung is being nice to her but she can’t accept things from her this quick.

“It’s okay.” Chaeyoung rummage around her cupboards to find numerous packs of coffee and proceed on walking back to the living room. “Just tell me if you need more, I got a lot of those.” Chaeyoung grinned.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome!”

Mina took another sip. “So only coffee?”

“What?”

“I don’t think you invited me here only for coffee.” Mina peeked at Chaeyoung while in the middle of sipping her coffee. “If this is about me going to chase your ex back. No I won’t.” Mina said with her eyes glancing down. Seemingly taking interest on the table rather than the person infront of her.

“I know.” Chaeyoung sighed. “You’re obviously left in the dark like I did.”

“Yes, I am. I only dated him because my dad insisted I should, even just once.”

“Why?”

“My dad and his dad are close friends.” Mina drank everything in her cup then proceed. “My dad, he.. he means well. You see, I only think about studying and he thought I needed a break and wanted to help me find someone. Starting from our family’s close friends or someone he can trust.”

“But you don’t need help.” Chaeyoung eyebrows knit. “Have you seen yourself?”

“What do you mean?”

“You. can. get. any. guy.” Chaeyoung said like it was the most obvious thing. “Forcing you to be with someone actually adds up to your stress. So it’s doing harm than good. So for me, just take your time.”

Mina chuckled. “Thank you. I told him it takes time but he never listens.” Mina sighed, remembering the tiresome argument she had with her father. “Hopefully, it’ll change his mind and let me be.”

“Yeaaah.” Chaeyoung drawled. She pouted as if thinking what topic to talk about next. Luckily, Mina spoke up.

“What about you?” Mina finally looked up to see Chaeyoung. “Why is it quick for you to end things between you and your ex?”

“Well, our relationship became dull for a while now. I should be mad at him but...” Chaeyoung wondered why it was comfortable opening-up to her rival. Maybe it’s the way Mina’s compassionate yet nervous eyes staring at her. Probably she’s nervous from the start since it’s  the first time they’re open with each other. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t-“

Mina grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand and  looked at her with assurance. “It’s okay. Tell me.”

Chaeyoung nodded, seemingly more relaxed because of the gesture and continued. “I deserved it. My feelings for him disappeared and I was too scared to tell him that. I wasn’t strong enough to break things off and pretended to still like him.”

“No matter how tough a person are, there are times they feel weak. And that’s okay.” Mina grip on Chaeyoung’s hand got tighter. “So don’t say you deserve all of this, you don’t deserve to be disrespected.”

Chaeyoung gave out a soft thankful smile to Mina. Their eyes talked as silence takes over their small space.

It was only broken when Chaeyoung chuckled lightly. “Though it’s actually funny that he cheated on me with you.”

“Yeah. I never thought he was your boyfriend.”

“Why? Are you saying I’m too ugly for him?”

“No!-“

“Or is it because I dress differently?”

“Wait- it’s not-“

“Nah, it’s the face is it? Is it?” Chaeyoung teased. Showing that she wasn’t serious at all.

Mina rolled her eyes. “You’re annoying. Maybe you do deserve something like having spoilt milk for breakfast.”

Chaeyoung widened her eyes and gasped mockingly. “Ms. Myoui! That’s so meaaan.”

“Or maybe you already had your punishment by being second in class.” Mina smirked. She knows she can also push the other girl’s button.

“Hey! I’ll beat you soon! Just you wait.” Chaeyoung huffed then stood up. She grabbed her game controllers near the tv and showed it to the now comfortable girl. “Maybe too soon.”

Mina grinned, obviously taking the challenge.

Chaeyoung pointed at Mina daringly, her words full of confidence and smug. “You’re gonna lose, Myoui!”

Thus, Chaeyoung lost.


Meme1