The Fixer: Chapter 3

The Fixer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook looked as his wristwatch tensely. It's been half an hour since he's been waiting for his parents to pick him up at the train station at their province. He checked his phone but haven't received any messages from them. He's worried and nervous.

"Be open to your parents. Show them how you love them even in subtle ways, show them that you can get worried too. You're already at this age when you can even scold them if they worry you too much. Ha ha ha!" Jongwoon's reminder was ringing in his ears as if the older's just standing beside him.

[FLASHBACK]

"Hey, Ryeowook. Where are you going this holiday?" Jongwoon asked.

"Uh? Usually I'll just stay at home and if I happen to go outside it's only to buy necessities; foods and such," the slightly maroon haired man said while sipping his milkshake.

"Really? You won't go home to spend it with your family? Your parents?" Jongwoon often knows the answer to his questions but chooses to ask the latter every single time to study his reactions and delivery of answer. It was also a way to show interest rather than make it obvious that he already has his conclusions. He's making it seem natural. He needs his trust after all.

"There's one holiday where I spend it with my family once a year but this isn't it," Ryeowook deadpanned while stirring his milkshake. "Thought I could ask you to eat out but you seemed to have plans already?" the man with the milkshake assumed, speaking with a slight disappointment he tried to hide.

"Yeah, I do. I'm going home with my family for two days then come back before Monday," the older lied, he's not going anywhere this holiday. "You know, you should too! If you want to deepen your relationship with your parents you need to go home more often. It's not that far away. Just one train ride, right?" he continued, trying to sound like how a typical friend will advise.

"Yup, six hours. Do you think it'll help though?"

"Of course. Spending time with the people you care about helps progress the bond. Just be careful though. Don't be a rebellious kid when you get home," the man that Ryeowook finds odd chuckled and while sipping a tea.

"Shut it, Jongwoon," Ryeowook rolled his eyes. "Anyway, maybe I can do that. I'll stay for two days and come up with a good plan to have a good time."

After another month of hanging out, Ryeowook became even more comfortable with Jongwoon which is why whenever the older suggests something, even with a slight hesitation, he still agrees and does it willingly which will make the process progress now with ease.

"Good for you!" Jongwoon rubbed the younger's head, making his hair all messy which earned him a glare. Cute.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"Ugh! Seri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter