Watch Your Back

The Subversion

After the day when they theft a gallery, the boys were left with some personal missions to do. At times like that, they would usually be less hectic that they could also slack some time off for themselves, going out, spending their time individually, and only coming back if they remember to. Especially the oldest, Hwang Injun, who wouldn't be seen at all. Lee Jeno would usually gamble in the casino in his spare time. 

Lee Donghyuck would be exploring the city for a culinary tour. Na Jaemin usually tag along Jeno or just stay at their place, trying to invent on some new thangs which the other never seen being completed, or simply playing around with the electronic things they had. Zhong Chenle would be practicing shooting or fighting, as he entered the City quite late. On the other hand, Park Jisung would usually spend his times in the internet cafe for some nights, and come back when they need some good sleep. However that day, Chenle called the practice off a day and tagged Jisung along.

"Arghh... That scares me!!/What the—" Jisung and Chenle who was playing PUBG, got surprised as they heard Lee Donghyuck's strange noises through their headphones.

"A- a- a- check. Uhmm..."

"Ah, Donghyuck hyung, seriously!" Jisung voiced out his annoyance. Lee Donghyuck would usually send his strange noises, followed by Chenle's dolphin laughs which he pre-recorded, before going to his point. It wasn't their first time receiving it, yet it still was surprising, even for Chenle.

"Darn, Lee Donghyuck..."

"Hey, Dolphin! I'm still older than you, where did you—"

"Yeah.. yweaaahh..." The dolphin scoffed

"Ohoo—" The older was about to scold them off before Jisung cut him off.

"What is it, hyung?" The older face palmed.

"We got a new mission. Come back this instant." Lee Donghyuck informed.

"Ah, right. Get the silver boy home on your way here. Library~" He added.

"Hell, no... / What?!!"

"You go get him. / Go get him." The youngest two said in unison, both refusing to do so.

"Good luck, babies... Be safe."

"I might not return alive if I do, you go get him." Jisung rushed to prepare his way out. But Chenle pulled him back to his seat

"Do you think it will be any different if I do so?" Chenle argued.

FLASHBACK

Few months passed their first mission as Neo D, the boys finally got their first individual mission. They could hardly see each other as they were busy with their own things. So as weeks passed since they had executed their personal missions, a new team mission arrived, which made Lee Jeno, along with the hacker Donghyuck, had to gather them back again. However, Chenle was the one who had to pick him up for the very first time. 

He was in the laboratory at that time. Being a little kid he was, he got so fascinated and curious, that he took a look around the place instead of searching for Hwang Injun. Seeing some computers there, he curiously turned it on, foolishly wondering whether the computer could be used for game as well. Just to find out that the computer was locked.

'

'

And just then...

'

'

'ACKKGHH...' Chenle felt his air supply was cut off. Someone strangled him from behind, with a long object that he didn't know what. He laid his head backwards from the power. His pale face got hotter. Reds flowed his face through his neck. His heartbeat increased rapidly. He tried to fight in instinct, but the person who strangled him was obviously more skilled than him, who couldn't actually fight yet, as he was trained only for few months before joining Neo D.

'You have a big gut, don't you?' The person asked with a quiet yet stern tone. He sounded so calm, yet clearly sent off dangerous vibe. Chenle knew that voice. It was him. Hwang Injun. And the boy was strangling him with a stethoscope. If only he wasn't that stupid to have his mask on in that place, the older boy might've stopped right away after confirming his face. However, his dumbness that day didn't help him. Chenle struggled to form words as the mask covering his face was suffocating him even more. He was lucky that the older knocked him off right away, before his soul actually leave his body for good.

That day, the other boys witnessed the pale boy was brought by the older in his unconscious state, with a clear bright red trace of strangulation on his pale neck. Since then, picking off the oldest lad had been the least thing they wanted.

N CITY HEADQUARTER'S LIBRARY

Jisung, who had lost the rock paper scissor against Chenle, had to get Injun with him before coming back to their mansion. Reminded of the past, Jisung prayed that he could just go back to the mansion all fine, that day. Jisung searched through the shelves. He then tensed up the moment his sight caught Hwang Injun's trace. Some of thick books were opened side by side, forming two rows of books on one of the tables. Hwang Injun tend to read several books of same content at once, whenever he studies medicine. He suddenly felt a strange atmosphere, and just then... The young boy slightly jumped as he could feel a knife near his neck.

"You better stay still if you wish to leave here alive." Hwang Injun whispered behind the younger boy as he leaned forward a bit, his right hand threatened Jisung with a pocket knife on his neck, and his other hand grasped the younger's shoulder tightly.

"Hyung.. Ji- Jisung! I'm Jisung!" Thank God he was only flinched and not doing any useless movement. Still holding the knife near Jisung's neck, Injun pulled the younger to the right by his left shoulder, flipping his body before pushing him to the nearest wall. He eventually let go of him after confirming that it was Jisung. The younger let out a loud relieved breath after feeling his cramped lungs could inhale the air in freedom.

"A new mission?" The older guessed, as he put back the knife into his pocket. He then turned back after seeing Jisung's nods, walking to the table he used some minutes ago to tidy it up.

"Yes..." Jisung answered breathlessly, still trying to calm the hell out of him.

"Wait for a moment." The older said.

"I think I'm about to drop my heart. Hoah..." Jisung dragged his jelly legs to the nearest desk as he murmured quietly.

To be Continued...

 


Hey! Because I'm new, please do leave some comments and feedbacks if you happen to read this story~ Have a nice day~