Let the Game Begin

The Subversion

The night sky had become darker. But the nation's heart, Seoul, seemed like it had no day or night. The road had sure become much less crowded than it was a few hours ago. But the metropolitan city didn't actually rest. Some were just on their way home after work, some were students who had just finished their cram school or self-study, some were just enjoying their peaceful night, and some other were still working on their businesses, just like those boys in the N City circle. 

N City was a project which gather youngsters and teenagers and train them to be gangsters. Everyone who was considered as ace will be chosen to enter 'the gang' and officially work in the field. So far, a total of three gangs had been assembled. The first one was N 127, the one in charge of the deep side of darkness. Drugs, assassinations, smuggling, and so on. The second was Neo D, which consisted of the younger boys and in charge of the borderline. They mainly work for clients. Information trade, robbery, theft, cybercrime, scam, and others. The latest one was Way V, the one which focused on Mainland China. 

Among them, the Neo D was the only one who would execute their works at day, sometimes, as they were the one which stood right on the border between the dark and the light. It consisted of Hwang Injun, the medic, Lee Jeno, the commander, Lee Donghyuck, the hacker, Na Jaemin, the intel and technician, Zhong Chenle, the mad driver, and Park Jisung, the stealer.

That night, the D boys were in mission to steal a high-priced painting and some wood statues out of an art gallery. As always, they got in their positions with Jeno, Jaemin, and Jisung entering the gallery, and Injun, Donghyuck, and Chenle was outside, watching the triple J's movement inside the van they parked near the building. 

Jeno was assigned to take the wood statues out of the collection storage room on the third floor, while Jisung would be the one taking the painting out of the exhibition room on the second floor, along with Jaemin who would be following him behind, for safety reason. Donghyuck was monitoring Jaemin and Jisung from inside the van, while Injun was watching Jeno. Each of them had their earpiece on, including Chenle, who was controlling a drone to follow Jeno, as the floor Jeno was in had too few surveillance cameras they could monitor on.

"Hyung, I'm inside." Park Jisung whispered to Haechan through the earpiece he plugged on

"Okay.. I got your back. Go upstairs." Donghyuck answered after he blocked the building's security server, so Jisung, Jaemin, and Jeno wouldn't be captured on the CCTV. Jisung then went upstairs with Jaemin, just like Donghyuck instructed.

"Lee Jeno.." Injun, who still didn't receive any sign of Jeno entering the building, eventually called him out.

"Wait..." The sound of struggling was heard, but not long after, seemed like he succeeded entering the building.

"I'm inside." Jeno reported. He started to make his way to the storage room as he received an okay sign from Injun, until few minutes later...

"Wait, hide! A guard is coming from your two o'clock." The oldest warned. With that, Jeno immediately hid behind a huge pillar. His all black outfits hid him in the darkness. Not long after, the guards he continued to make his way to the storage room.

"Lee Donghyuck, we're outside the exhibition room." Na Jaemin reported, as he and Jisung waited for him to hack the door lock.

"Say open the door please~ Cute—AH! HeY!!!" Donghyuck teased them, but Injun who wasn't having it, hit the back of his head. Suppressed chuckles from the triple J could be heard, as well as Chenle's small giggles

"Just open it already. Do you have a death wish?"

"Ah, this grey kitten.. Seriously..." Donghyuck was about to fight him before the triple J protested at the same time.

"Hyung! / Just open it already! / Lee Donghyuck!!!" He then proceeded to open the door right away though he clowned Injun as he did it.

"Done!" He exclaimed

"I've arrived." Jeno said

"What would've been happened to y'all if I wasn't here??" Donghyuck started to praise himself, not hearing what Jeno had said.

"Hey.." Injun lightly bumped Donghyuck's legs with his knee, in attempt to shut him, though the latter probably couldn't hear it as his voice was obviously much softer than Donghyuck's

"Y'all must be so thank—"

"HeY!" Injun raised up his voice

"AH, WhAt?!!"

"He's outside the storage room. Where're your ears?"

"Ah.. He did??" He went back to his computer, hacking the door lock for the storage room. With that, both Jisung-Jaemin and Jeno proceed to do their mission. As the exhibition room had more complex security system, Jisung and Jaemin had to come through the laser sensor to get the painting, while Jeno only need to take out the wooden statues safely. However just then...

'.. Park Jisung!' Jaemin cussed under his breath as Jisung got the laser on him by mistake, making the siren rang. The younger just froze in shock. Outside, the guards immediately got off from their post, heading to search over the building.

"PARK JISUNG!!!! // Aish.. Zhong Chenle!!!Injun, Donghyuck, Chenle exclaimed in unison, then Injun continued with mentally cussing Chenle and glared to him for being so loud, when he was outside the van and someone could probably hear him. He eventually told him to get in the van.

"As expected, Jisung's big head does him no good." Chenle roasted as he got on the driver seat and put his seatbelt on.

"I got the statue, let's get out of here this instant." Jeno commanded from his place as he rushed to get out of the gallery.

"Ah, right. Do not kill anyone." Jeno continued.

"Hyung, what should we do?" Jisung asked Jaemin, not knowing what to do. On the other side, Jaemin just quickly broke the glass that covered the painting with a rope off barrier placed nearby. Jisung was still left frozen when Jaemin took the painting and put it into the drawing tube he brought. He rushed to flee from the scene right after, with Jisung who eventually came to his senses followed him behind.

On the other side, Jeno faced two guards while he searched for a way out. But fortunately, being a skilled fighter he was, he could easily knock them off. Another guards came out around few minutes later, but he quickly jumped out of the window and slid his way down to the ground, before those guards could see him. Jeno ran off to the van, while inside the building, Jaemin and Jisung were still fighting off the guards. They barely got out of there some minutes later, after fighting off about ten guards. Seeing Jaemin and Jisung who were in the lobby, Jeno told Chenle to head there. 

Nearing the lobby, Injun got himself ready to open the door for the two. From the building, Jaemin and Jisung ran quickly to the van, with some other guards still after them. Chenle stopped the van right in front of the lobby, and Jaemin immediately pulled Jisung who was behind him to get in first. Seeing a guard was getting near, Chenle stepped on the accelerator, making Jaemin, who only had one of his feet on the van, had to jump into the running vehicle. Injun immediately closed back the door after Jaemin got in.

"Park Jisung, you're lucky that we barely made it because I was going to kill you if we failed." The oldest said.

"I'm sorry.." Jisung apologized with an unintended cute tone.

"This little..." Jaemin slapped the younger's back as he started to complain,

"It was me who you need to feel sorry to. You! Ungrateful! Brat! How could you apologize to other first. This is why they said there is no use on raising kids."
 

To be Continued...

 


Hi! You can call me Sona. This is my first fanfiction, so I hope it doesn't come out that bad. And, English isn't my first language so pardon my grammatical error(s). Ah, this is the first time I use asianfanfics, so I'm not that familiar with this website. Just in case you're interested, I also published this on the other platform (W*ttpad), so feel free to visit it there, as well. Please leave your comment(s) if you happen to read this story, and hope you guys enjoy...