Day 1 - 1

On Tips and Sphere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Irene sighed of relief once she placed the last paper on her desk, thanking the heavens that she was finally done with the day’s council responsibilities. She arranged the papers currently splattered all over the other desk to at least make the room more presentable with her mind thinking of rest after she’s done when something slipped right after she carried a pile of folders stacked on a corner of the office.

 

It was a note that had numbers written on big letters in which she recognized as the name of one of the members of the Soccer team, she remembered seeing that name on the academy newspaper just this morning. Then she realized that the numbers were stated like a date since it was four numbers with a slash between a pair.

 

Irene turned to where the table calendar was and proved her thoughts right, the numbers stated today’s date.

 

“Hm?”, her head unconsciously tilted a bit.

 

“Unnie!!!”

 

“OMAYA”

 

It was the first for Kim Yeri to see not only flying papers but also floating folders for a split second but somehow seemed like an aesthetic slow motion, before landing on the floor surrounding the divine soon-to-be Student Council President as if to protect her feet from the filthy dirt of the average footing. Never has she ever seen such happening to be so enticing to watch and she was sure only the Bae Irene could make such a usual, day-to-day, embarrassing accident look so ethereal.

 

“I’m... I’m sorry”

 

“..No”, Irene timidly spoke as she grasps her chest area, making sure that her heart was still where it has to be. “It’s okay. You just..”, she inhaled a handful before slowly breathing out, “..startled me, is all”

 

“I’m..really sorry”, Yeri sheepishly spoke, “I’ll help”

 

Yeri skipped to where she was and bent down to collect the folders and only then did Irene realize that she made a mess. It took seconds for her to collect her composure before she bent down and did the same. “Thanks, Yerim-ah”

 

“No biggie”, Yeri was giggling, “I’m the reason it happened anyway so…”, she shrugged.

 

It was the last binder and Irene was barely holding anything since the rest were already in Yeri's arms. "Where do these go, unnie?"

 

"Oh, uhm, that goes there", she pointed over the shelf right beside the table of the student council president.

 

"Got it"

 

Yeri layed the stack to the designated place and watched Irene put the binders she was holding to another table. Then she saw the yellow sticky note that Irene was carefully holding between her fingers. "Oh!"

 

Irene reacted to the sound. "What is it?"

 

"I've been thinking where I lost that note", she pointed at the small paper on Irene's left hand, still free from creases.

 

"Oh. So this is yours", Irene recounted as she lifted her hand to stare at the bear note. What a cute note.

 

"Actually", Irene turned to the younger girl, her thoughts interrupted. "I just took that note from a friend, but the writing's mine"

 

Irene blinked and turned to stare at the paper again. 

 

"I was supposed to stick that note with the gift I was preparing but I only have the lunch break to sneak the gift in her locker and, as I told you earlier, I can't find that note"

 

"So, you left the gift in her locker without this?"

 

"Yea"

 

"How will she know that the gift was from you?"

 

Yeri blinked and shrugged, "Intuition?"

 

Strange kid. Irene thought as she looked over the note again. From how many times she's stared at the small paper, she probably had the contents memorized by now. It's not even hard to forget, given that it's four days before Valentine's.

 

"So, unnie"

 

And as embarrassing as it may sound, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter