The Time that Passed and the Distance in Between

Through Time and Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minseok looked out the window as he sipped his first cup of coffee in the morning. The sky finally turning into the puffy blue that welcomed the beautiful orange sun that brought forth light. The noise starting to pick up and pulling him into the memory of Luhan’s rambunctious melodies in the morning as pots and pans brought clinks and clangs that resounded in their apartment.

 

Luhan’s joyous laughter filling his ears and bringing a sense of comfort that made him feel safe.

 

His hand encircled itself around the mug as he bit his lips, turning around to close his eyes. Letting the tears fall down his cheeks, he bit gritted his teeth as he remembered Luhan’s warmth engulfing him into a tight embrace.

 

“I love you babe…” Luhan’s low voice greeting him, kissing his nape as they watched the sunrise from the horizon. “It’s always so beautiful to watch.”

 

“It is.” Minseok answered as his lips quirked into a smile. But he didn’t even realize that Luhan never really meant the sunrise because his lover never did look at it. Luhan’s eyes were always glued to him just as it always has.

 

Minseok released a deep breath, hoping that it was enough to pull him out of the miserable feeling of longing for the man he wished to embrace. He turned around to show his back to the world. Leaning his back to the window panel, he slowly slid down to the ground, pulling his legs near his chest and abandoning the mug of coffee on the floor beside him.

 

Arms pulling his legs close to his chest as tears continuously fell from his eyes. His heart slowly clenching inside his chest as he worried, he wished Luhan was there.

 

If only Luhan was there.

 

Just as he succumbed to the pain, he heard a knock on the front door. He wasn’t sure why but he scrambled to stand up, even tipping the mug over and spilling the coffee on the floor. He ran towards the door with a rush that he’s never felt before.

 

“You--” ‘came back’ the word hung in his lips when he saw Yixing standing at the doorway. The younger immediately looked guilty when he realized that Minseok must’ve rushed to open the door.

 

“I-I’m sorry… I… I just wanted to check up on you and see how you’re doing.” Yixing uttered, eyes locked on the older as he looked away.

 

Minseok immediately wiped his cheeks before stepping aside and allowing the younger to enter.

 

There was a certain part of him that didn’t want to entertain anyone inside his home, the only remnant where Luhan’s presence was strongest. It felt as if the place would lose Luhan’s essence if others came in and destroyed his sanctuary.

 

“Minseok-hyung…” Yixing called out, not even taking a step inside but just pulling Minseok into his arms. “It’ll be okay… Just trust in him. He’ll be back.”

 

Minseok couldn’t even utter a word so he nodded. He nodded as the tears fell back and his hand gripped on the younger’s jacket. “I miss him… I miss him so much.”

 

No words came from Yixing but instead, he nodded as he tightened the hug. Minseok never knew how much he needed that hug. How much he needed someone to be there and check on him. He never knew how much he needed help until it arrived.

 

He never willingly reached out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter