The Past, the Present and What Lies Ahead

Through Time and Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their fingers intertwined, hearts racing as their breaths fall into a melodic chorus.

 

The pain was there.

It was still there.

 

The arguments. The words thrown around causing pain worse than getting hit by lightning. They said it will never hit the same place twice so it was more than enough. But the words they’ve spit felt like venom, slowly creeping into their system and killing them in the process.

 

It would’ve been better had they been electrocuted by lighting; it would’ve been less painful.

 

But instead, they heard words that tore them apart. Questioned their sanity, doubted their love and dug holes in their hearts.

 

Luhan loves Minseok, it’s true. Even with the continuous bull that leaked through the older’s mouth, he still valued him. He treasured him. Minseok was someone who he kept inside his heart and he doesn’t want to let go. Not even with the venomous words, the constant fights, the painful doubt that’s been thrown at him. None of it could ever make him fall out of love. None of it could tear Minseok out of his heart.

 

 

“Babe… Please… Listen to me…” Luhan would often beg, eyes fully focused on the older who refuses with all his might to look at him.

 

“And then what? You’ll tell me another lie of how much you love me but… But the truth is you’re just as tired of everything as I am… You just want to leave.” Minseok sobbed into Luhan’s embrace. Though pained and full of anxious doubt, Minseok could never push Luhan – physically.

 

“Babe… you gotta listen to me… I’m not leaving because I want to… But because I need to… If I don’t leave now, we’re… we’re bound to hurt each other more than what’s happening now.” Luhan whispered, though his embrace tightened.

 

Luhan had always hated physical contact. He didn’t feel comfortable enough to hold someone’s hand or even pull them into his arms for a hug. He hated the feeling of someone else standing close to him, as if his personal space was always compromised. He hated people initiating body contact with him.

 

Yet Minseok was never in that same category as the others. He was the only one that Luhan would hug, would kiss, would hold. He was special… because Luhan fell in love with him.

 

Minseok loves Luhan, unquestionable. Even if the fights were ruthless, the questions triggering, and the doubts painful… he held him dear and close to his heart. Luhan was the only one Minseok opened his heart to. The only one who he offered his everything to. The only man who had broken his walls yet was also the only man that managed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter