end

translucent
Please log in to read the full chapter

He arrived at a country to begin his journey as a transferee student.

The house his parents bought for him was just nice and cozy for a bachelor like him to live in.

He admits that he was tired and jet-lagged from the long hours of flight but still woke up early that day. 

5 in the morning with a destination in mind, he makes sure to memorize the road so he won't get lost because he will be going to the place more often now.

After doing the necessary things, he went to find breakfast.

Nothing heavy to start the day but because he hasn't do groceries yet, toast and coffee would do.

It is always chilly and cold so he accustomed quickly to the weather wearing coats and to layer clothes to prevent catching a cold and getting fever.

-

He came from a well-off family. He has a strong background with brilliant achievements

His purpose in furthering studies overseas in which he believed as a noble cause, is because to chase his own dreams.

Linguistics has always been his greatest strength and he has also won numerous amount of awards related to languages. 

But having several languages at once is never an easy journey. 

He struggled a lot learning the languages and always depend on international friends to be more fluent.

Thankfully with his never-ending passion, he learned much faster than an average student would.

His goal and dream are to skillfully master and be fluent in various languages.

He enjoys reading books and writing has become one of his favorite hobbies.

-

When relaxing at a corner of the coffee shop while reading a book, he saw a job vacancy.

Being a barista and making coffee is one of his got-to-do lists.

He asked about the job inquiries right away, knowing he has time before class starts.

There weren't any difficulties in hiring him and he also knows the basics to make coffee.

He was then assigned to the morning team.

Working as a part-timer, he would just spend the rest of the day after work at the cafe, since the class hasn't started. 

It has also been a routine for him to read the books there that were neatly arranged on the shelves.

He has huge respect for the owner's taste of choice to decorate his cafe with books instead of cassette tapes or gramophone disk. 

He doesn't think that he could fill his empty schedule just by hearing to them, so reading books there was satisfying. 

The owner is his age, apparently.

He knows this because both of them took care of the cafe together and became close. 

Close friends as to how they would like to address the type of acquaintance they have.

The owner told him about how he gets the cafe. 

It was a heritage left by his deceased father.

The owner is nice and could be described as an understanding friend for him.

The owner even cut off some slack for him when it was time for him to go to class.

He can come to work whenever he likes although it is best to inform the owner first because the owner doesn't want the other workers to feel that he is being biased.

The owner also understands that there are times where he couldn't come to work because of the loads of work he has to finish in order to excel and get good grades for his carry mark.

-

He met a nice girl at the campus.

She is an ace in his class and he often finds himself admiring the girl most of the time when the said girl was asked to explain or when asked for the answer to a question.

He was falling heads over heels for the girls.

The only thing he could do was admiring her from afar.

Because no way someone like her that is different in all perspectives would fall for someone like him.

She might have second thoughts of him if he were to confess.

So he kept his feelings to himself and stick to admiring her from afar.

-

He has boundaries on touching people, especially towards the opposite gender according to his belief.

As a Muslim guy, he cannot hold or simply touch girls. 

Unless he is married to the person, any type of skinship is not allowed and considered as light sins.

Anyway, he believed that it is also for his own good so he can easily ignore the feeling he has for her.

What he didn't know because he was always thinking of keeping safe boundaries and distance with girls, the girl liked him too.

They have several works together and have talked to each other. 

This what makes the girl liked him more.

From the work task was given, he gets to talk and know about him more.

but days passed after their work-in-pair project ended, they haven't talked at all.

In fact, she notices that he was avoiding her.

It is obvious when he always run away from the scene after having an eye-contact with her.

She felt sad and worried if she had been the cause for him to ran away from her.

Two weeks have passed and she got more worried.

She decided to find out what's the reason behind it.

So, she followed him one day.

She expects to find his house but instead, he went into a cafe. 

She went in anyway, ignoring the fact that it is so obvious that she was following him.

How so? 

Because the cafe is located far from their campus.

She searched for him everywhere in the cafe but the guy's presence is nowhere to be found.

She decided to call it off for the day and get a coffee since she is already in a coffee shop.

Ordering and paying the coffee to the nice woman in the cashier, she then waited for the barista to finish making her coffee.

She always has an admiration for baristas. 

They somehow look cool and very attractive.

Especially when they are in uniform, she finds them charismatic.

She literally fangirls with the sight of the barista's back and broad shoulder.

When the barista hands her the coffee she ordered, she was shocked

The barista was shocked too, and their hands touched

Which caused him to realize the sudden touch and as if there were electric current, he dropped the coffee making a mess at his workplace.

While stuttering, he apologized and said he'd make a new one right away.

She silently nods and waited for him to make another one

She finally sees him and hears his voice without him trying to run away from her.

She was definitely happy until she

Please log in to read the full chapter