Final.

A Heated Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

istg im trying to incude with innocence + fluff altogether. im not sure if this would be amazing but i hope you'd enjoy! :D i had fun writing so hehe

------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank God." Jiae exhaled as she managed to bring Suho back to his home, struggling to get him to his room as he staggered a bit in his steps. It was rare for him to consume alcohol as he does not enjoy the taste. Plus, his low tolerance would always cause trouble-- especially for her as she would be the one to bring him home. Turning his doorknob, she struggled to turn on the light switch with one hand until Suho stretched his hand to slap the switches on, trapping Jiae in the process.

"Uh oh" Jiae arched her back when her shirt was gripped from both sides as she was backed onto the wall, her mind racing with ideas that Suho was about to do something but surprisingly, she did not panic. She was anticipating his next moves.

Suho slurred as the alcohol from the drink he had was kicking in, his grip on her shirt shifted a bit to hold more of her waist. He hung his head low, right beside hers. Inhaling her scent, he chuckled when he figured out that nothing could beat her intoxicating self-- not even alcohol. He needed to put his thoughts into actual words.

"Kwon jiae." He breathed out, slightly kissing her ear as he slurred beside her.

"Yes?" She was composed, though awfully enjoying the absence of space between them. She felt safe and secure. A smile danced on her lips despite her timid gestures beneath him with her arms on both her sides.

"It took me a lot to drink, you know how i don't drink usually, right?" He giggled at his own words, inhaling her scent in between his breath.

Nodding, she felt his hands holding dependently on her while outlining her upper body, causing her to grip onto his shirt too-- a way to keep her composure.

"So," he sighed, "I really had to drink to actually say these few words." His left hand flew upwards towards her head, pulling her into his chest-- pretty much like a friendly hug. "Look, I'm sorry if this would hurt you but I swear I don't mean anything bad. You have a right to say whatever you want, to decide on anything and I swear I'm not going to counter your decision." He tightened his hold onto her waist, gently holding her in a protective hug.

"What is it that you wanna tell? Hm?" She rested her arms on his waist, listening obediently to his deafening heartbeat while enjoying his affection. It was not a casual thing for them to be hugging, but at that point she felt contented.

Gulping, his heartbeat gradually went faster, his fingers moved up to thread through her hair to calm her down, "Kwon jiae,", he breathed out, "I know we've been friends for 5 years now and that I know every little thing about you." He kissed her nape, "And it's ridiculous how I could develop feelings for you. I want to have you by my side. And not only as a friend."

Jiae found her lips quirk up to every single word he uttered. Her hands tightened around his waist, snuggling closer to listen to his heart.

"I just-" he sighed, "I like you. A lot." He pushed her a few inches apart, just to look at her reaction.

Boring right into his eyes, Jiae felt the need to just succumb to his words. So, smirking, her hands travelled to grasp his collars. Suho blinked innocently at her, intrigued at the distinct smile she had on her lips.

"It's funny." She breathed out, looking aside. "Since when did you realize this?" Her soft voice demanded an answer. She was actually confused as she never really know anything about that kind of affection he was talking about.

The almost sober Suho cleared his throat, feeling a drop of cold sweat trickle down his neck, "I- uh,,, since the past 3 years? I guess."

Jiae looked back up to him, her hand moved to palm his cheek, "This is ridiculous." She gently caressed his face, a genuine smile stretching her lips as she tried to figure if what she was having for him was 'romantic'.

Suho gulped as his face fell, he was going to get rejected. The alcohol effect was fading and he was not ready to handle the emotions.

"Junmyeon." She called, pulling his chin to make him look directly at her. She needed to know what kind of an attraction that she felt for him.

"Y-yea?" His voice cracked at the suspense he was facing. Was he gonna lose her? Would she run away?

"I wanna kiss you." She blurted out in a breath, staring hardly at his trembling lips. It was calling out to her.

Suho gulped, "No, wait, Jiae. You didn't--"

"But you're drunk. I don't want this to happen when you would most probably regret it once you sober up." She sighed as her hands fell, pushing him a bit further from her.

Suho blinked as he felt her body heat retracting, "Kwon Jiae." His voice held authority as he stared blankly into the wall behind her.

Jiae looked up at him, wondering if he was over his drunk state.

"You didn't give me an answer." He threw a look at her who was carefully settling herself on the side of his study table. They were in his room, but the atmosphere in there never felt thicker than then compared to the past 5 years.

Jiae gulped, avoiding his gaze as she gripped onto the table edges, "I dont know what to say. I've never been in this situation before." Her voice was low, uncertainty was evident.

Suho bore his eyes on her, trying to read her body language, "W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter