What happened to Wendy?

I will protect you

Flashback

At night, the streets were empty, no sound can be heard. It's pretty normal since it was late at night, but not for the vampire hunter. Sounds of panting can be heard, smell of iron can be sniffed, but it didn't stop them to hunt. They're hunting quite a troublesome vampire.

"Damn, this creature, how could he slipped through all this time? He killed 10 people in a day! How could we not find him yet!" Wendy started cursing, feeling annoyed because of how slippery this vampire is.

"Don't worry Wendy, I'm sure we'll find him soon." Yeri said as she carefully walk and scouted the area.

"Let's find him as fast as we could. I'm really tired. I wanted to meet up with my boyfriend soon." Joy groan and whine. Everyone knows about Sungjae since Joy always talks about him, like 90% of the time she talk about Sungjae.

"I know Joy, you always said that. You're so inseparable haha." Seulgi let out a small laugh.

"Focus girls." Irene said in a serious tone and everyone obeys her, she's the group leader after all. They were startled when they heard a screaming echo in the night and immediately head towards the source.

They were too late

Two lifeless bodies lay on the ground and a man in a leather jacket was standing there. His eyes were red and his fangs were red from blood. Irene immediately pull out her gun and shoot towards him but he was quick. He immediately dodge the bullet and run away, entering a tall abandoned building.

"Let's split into two group, Seulgi, Wendy, and Yeri, you three check the second floor, Joy and I will check on this floor. They all nodded and spread out, checking each room. They're not stupid enough to split up and check each rooms on their own. They stick together and protect each others back, worried the vampire might hurt their friends.

< Irene and Joy >

Irene walk slowly, not lowering her gun. She peeks into each room slowly but finds nothing. Joy follows behind and also in full guard mode. They walk slowly, not showing any weakness to their enemies. They enter the last room and find nothing, assuming he was on the second floor.

"He's not here, we should head upstairs." Irene heads out, but before she could walk out, the door was slammed on her face. She immediately raise her gun and aims at the door, taking a few steps back. Joy also did the same and their back touch each others.

"Hahaha! You think you can kill us?" The two immediately turn their head to the source and see a man bath in moonlight.

'Us?' Joy thought. She then realized there's more than one of them, if they swarm Seulgi unit, it'll be bad. Her face turn pale and the vampire laugh hard. Irene realize she made a mistake for separating them but there's no turning back, the only thing they should focus on doing is kill this creature in front of them and immediately regroup. Irene snap back to reality and immediately pull the trigger, trying to hit him with the bullets. He dodge the bullets and run towards Irene. He swing his arms towards Irene face but Irene manage to take a step back and she try to shoot him again. Joy aims and shoot but he manage to dodge the bullets, making her wasting them.

He jump towards Irene again and kick her right on her side. Irene scream out of pain, feeling a bone broke from the impact. She wince from the pain and held it with her right hand. She pointed her gun at shoot but she couldn't get a good aim and missed two of her shot. Joy reload her gun and shoot him again, this time aiming at his body to slow him down. He let out a scream when a bullet pierce his side.

"Ouch! You !" He immediately turn his attention to Joy and Joy keeps pulling the trigger, trying to get him right on his head. His movement slowed and Irene took the opportunity to fire him and manage to pierce his chest while Joy pierce his head and the bullet pass through his forehead. The body fall down and still twitching a little. Joy took out her short sword and cut off his neck just to make sure.

"! You won't get away with this!" slash

His head rolled and the two immediately prepare themself to help their friends. Joy put Irene hand around her neck and support her to walk. The two didn't let their guard down and Irene still holding her gun on her hand in case another one shows up. Irene and Joy face went pale as they heard a very familiar scream coming from upstairs, making them rushed to the scene

< Seulgi, Wendy, and Yeri >

"I heard some gunshots from below, should we go down?" Yeri ask, wonder if they should help Irene and Joy.

"Let's check other rooms first, maybe there's more than one of them." Wendy said as she also holding her gun, aiming it around. Wendy walks in into a room and find nothing. Seulgi was right behind her and she also enters the room. They walk in and look around but find nothing.

"Yeri, can you-...Yeri?" Seulgi immediately look around but fail to find her.

"What's wrong?" Wendy turns around and see only Seulgi behind her.

"She's gone!" She scans her surroundings again and find nothing. They stay on guard and look around. Seulgi notice a shilouette and started shooting towards it. The shilouette moves quickly and manage to dodge the bullets. Wendy pulls out her gun and prepare herself. Seulgi put down her gun and take out her blade and charged towards the shilouette. She started slashing towards it but he manage to dodge it. The fight was intense. Seulgi was panting for air while Wendy still stay on her place, afrai he might come for the younger girl. Seulgi takes out her gun and shoot it at his direction. He dodge again and this time, he rushed towards her and manage to get behind her and hit her nape hard, making her lose balance and fall down. Wendy rushed and shoots him but he dodge and rushed toward Wendy. She took out her twin sword and fight against him. He was very agile and able to evade her attacks. She's having a hard time because she has to protect to down people and fight at the same time. He finally trips and fall back and Wendy immediately her sword towards his neck until she heard something.

"Stop, or I'll kill her." Seulgi turn her head and see a girl standing next to Seulgi, her claws is touching Seulgi neck, a bit more power and it will pierce through. Wendy back down and the vampire gets up.

"Thanks my love." He winks towards her and she return it with a wide smile. The smile faded when they heard a gunshot. Seulgi use the chance to shot her hand, making her scream and Seul immediately shot her again, this time on her temple. The bullet pierce through her head and she fell down. The man rush towards her side and hold her in his arms.

"No! My love! No! Don't die!" She touch his hand and giving another smile before her body slowly turn to dust. He was there, crying. Seulgi approach Wendy and point her gun towards him.

"Thanks Seul."

"No prob. Let's finish this quickly." She aims it at his head when he suddenly stand up, his body look relaxed. He turns around and he look towards them with an angry face. His eyes were red and he bared his fangs. He was raged. They knew they had to defeat him soon before he wipes them out. Seul immediately shoots him but he dodge while rushing towards Seulgi, trying to attack the girl. She block it with her sword but this time, she couldn't hold her ground. He was stronger than before and he manage to throw Seulgi towards the wall, making the girl wince on impact.

"Seul!" Wendy charged cautiously and started throwing slashes towards the man. He manage to grab the blade but it was made of pure silver and it burn his hand a bit, making him release it immediately. Wendy rushed again and manage to slash his chest, making blood pour out. He barely flinch and he manage to attack Wendy too, using his claws to wound her side. Both took a step back and Wendy wince in pain, feeling the sting on her side. If she didn't end this now, they'll all die. Wendy's having a hard time to move because of the pain and the vampire decided to turn his attention towards Seulgi. He manage to inflict a wound on her stomach, making the girl scream in pain.

"SEUL!" Wendy rushed, ignoring the pain she felt and immediately attack him. He knew she's going to charged and easily dodge and turn around facing Wendy. Seulgi could see them clearly from the side. The two were engaged in an intense fight and blood splurted out, but it wasn't from him. Seulgi can see clearly, Wendy sword pierce through his face and his hand pierce through her stomach. She hold her grounds and slash his face, cutting off his face. His body fell on the ground and slowly turns into dust. Seulgi tried her best to get back on her feet and rushed towards Wendy.

"Oh my God, we need to treat you immediately!" She take off her jacket and use it to pressure her wound. Seulgi was trying her best not to cry, she immediately pulls out her phone, unaware of her surrounding. Another shilouette creeps up behind her and going to attack her.

bang

The shilouette fell back and Seulgi turn her head towards the shooter. She sees a wounded Irene and Joy supporting her.

"Where's Yerim?" Irene quickly ask because she couldn't finds her. Seulgi told her she dissapear and Joy put Irene near Wendy, telling her to rest a bit. Joy  look around the rooms (since she's the only one who's not wounded) and Joy finally find Yeri in a room. She immediately approaches her and see her face pale. A strange syringe on her side. She took it and carry Yeri back. Irene already call for help and they waited for help to come. Wendy was injured badly, she's barely conscious and she lost too much blood.

"I-Irene, I'm, I'm not gonna make it." Her voice was weak. Seulgi held her hand and couldn't hold back her tears this time.

"No! You'll be fine Wendy! Don't say that!" Wendy gives a calming smile and squeeze Seulgi hand.

"Irene, thank you for being a great leader. I enjoy being your friend. You're always so caring and so nice to me. I was planning to give you a present but I guess it's too late, huh." She chuckle a bit and look away, not wanting to cry.

"Joy, you've brought joy to my life." Joy laugh a bit when she heard her friend still trying to joke in this situation. "I like how you're always so cheerful and try to cheer us up. I also love how you always talk about Sungjae, though sometimes I'm a bit annoyed, but I really care about you. Please don't force yourself, you need to rest a lot. Try to move at your own pace, okay?" Joy nodded, holding back her tears and grab Wendy hand.

"Thank you unnie, I will." Her voice cracked and she look down, not wanting to show her tears.

"Seulgi, thank you for being my partner throughout our trainee days. You're really kind. Thanks for staying by my side all this time." her voice started to crack. Wendy couldn't hold back her tears. How could she? They've been together for 10 years, they're inseparable. They cried together and hug each other. It was hard losing her, they couldn't accept it.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault. I should be the one who died! I'm sorry!" Seulgi started sobbing, not caring the pain she felt from her side. Wendy caress her head and comfort the girl, asking her not to blame herself. It was the vampire vault after all.

"Please don't blame yourself Seul. It's not your fault..." Then it hit her. "What about Yeri? Is she fine?"

"Yes she is. We find her unconscious but she's okay, no wounds or anything fatal." Wendy breath in relief knowing her girlfriend is fine.

"I see. Please tell Yeri I love her so much." Irene nodded and keeps pressuring the wound, hoping she would survive through this. It was too severe, the amount blood she lost was too much. Wendy was having a hard time staying up.

"I'm sorry unnie, I feel so tired. I wanted to sleep." She slowly closes her eyes. Her grips starting to lose strength until it was no more. She's gone. Irene couldn't hold her tears and started crying, wrapping her arms around the dead girl. When the ambulance came, they immediately transported them to the nearest hospital.


"No..." Irene couldn't believe what she heard.

"We've check the syringe and it contains vampire blood. Her blood is now mixed and we can't extract it. It's up to her. If she changed into a-"

"Stop." Joy didn't want to hear the rest. She already knew what would happen if Yeri lose the fight, but the feeling of losing two friends in such a short amount of time is too much for them. Joy can only pray for Yeri condition. Irene decided to check on Yeri. She sits next to her bed and started talking to Yeri.

"Nah Yeri, Wendy wanted me to tell you that she loves you so much." She take Yeri hand and hold it tightly. She started talking about how Wendy talk about Yeri the first time they met. She was very mischievous at first, pulling pranks on Wendy and driving her crazy, but slowly she began to grow a soft spot for her and they get closer until Wendy decided to confess and the two finally together. It was such a cute sight, she was very happy when she heard the news.

It became her routine

She visited Yeri everyday and talk to the girl for hours. She visited Seulgi too, but she wanted to spend time with her maknae, hoping she would wake up soon. Seulgi sometimes join too, talking a lot about her and Wendy.

Until...

"She's...gone..."

"Where is she! She can't be far!" Irene shouted with worries. Joy decided to check the camera footage and see Yeri is being taken away by a guy. She couldn't see his face.

"Irene! I've seen the footage! She's kidnapped!" They immediately scouted around the hospital but found no tracks at all. They search and search, but found nothing. Joy look around her room and finds a note written in blood.

< She's one of us now >

Since that day, they've never seen Yeri again.