EPISODE 2: Disruption

Apocalypse in the Time of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“I can’t wait to drop ‘em off!” 

 

Yujin commented as she whistled while driving on their way to the Redbrows community. Eunbi only nudged her, gesturing to be sensitive but she was just too stubborn. 

 

Ever since the apocalypse, Yujin stayed cold towards people. The trauma of the world’s transition gave her a psychological factor of keeping things to herself, the system of pushing people away became a habit.

Eunbi was the only person that she chose to be close with, she knew that she needed at least one person to make everything normal and keep her sane.

 

Yujin wasn’t wrong when she chose Eunbi as that older sister, for the latter was caring and understanding enough.

 

But these factors are yet to be discovered by Minjoo who was at the backseat as she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes at Yujin. The blue-haired girl glanced at the front mirror and caught the action.

 

“Miss Pink-Blacksheep seems to be upset, eh?” asked Yujin in a mocking tone.

 

Minjoo didn’t say anything and Hyewon was glancing at her give her comfort.

 

Not long after, they arrived at the Redbrows Municipality. Yujin rolled her window down and showed her Bluescars ID, the security was strict. The Redbrows community managed to hire muscle men as the ones to stand at their front gate as the guards. The two Blacksheep members were amazed by the place, it’s been a while since they saw such good scenery. The building where the Redbrows are residing seems to be like the White House, except that it was mixed with red.

RedBrows Community

The four of them arrived at the parking and Yujin abruptly got off from the car and headed inside, she didn’t bother to wait for the three people behind her.

 

“She seems too excited for us to leave,” said Hyewon. 

 

“I’m sorry for Yujin’s attitude, she isn’t like that for real,” Eunbi gave the two a bow, but Minjoo quickly held her straight.

“No need to do that, we understand that we burdened you because of yesterday,” replied Minjoo. There was a part for Eunbi that she wanted to protest but she didn’t say any word after.

The three of them quietly followed Yujin inside the establishment.

 

Once the big door opened, they were welcomed by the busy people inside the Redbrows, almost everyone is equipped with computers, these things were the ones left after getting bombarded by the infected. The Redbrows, as lawmakers, were brainy enough to get those tech-savvy people. Thanks to the IT field back then, hackers and developers proceeded to make new machines for them to have a more convenient life.

 

All of the gadgets related to securities are managed by this faction, there are only selected people who are allowed to touch those things. This is because they fear getting busted by bloodsuckers. 

Phones, radios and other media for communication are only granted to those validated by the Redbrows, which would be most of the time, Bluescars, Greenblades, and Pinkthorns. 

 

In the first place, the reason why they have a cruel world right now was because of the carelessness, biases, and tyranny of people. 

 

The four of them walked past the workers, no one glanced at them for everyone was too busy to do so. Minjoo and Hyewon were walking together and whispering about how nice the place was. Meanwhile, Eunbi was giving Yujin a disappointed look, while the latter showed a sign of cluelessness. It wasn’t long after they reached the main office door. This is where the main leaders of the faction would have meetings. 

 

“I thought I wouldn’t be seeing your blue-hair for some time, Yujin.” 

The voice caught their attention, Yujin automatically smiled after hearing the familiar voice. Then, a girl with a small height appeared, she was wearing a white brown blazer with a black tank top. Her eyes sparkled as she greeted and waved at them.

 

“Nako-chan, hisashiburi!” replied Yujin, the Japanese phrase made Minjoo realize that perhaps the person was Japanese. She observed the accent in a matter of seconds.

 

“What brings you here?” asked Nako. She side-hugged Eunbi and glanced behind their back. “I see you came with some visitors.”

 

Minjoo and Hyewon bowed, they were well aware of the factions but not too oriented. Their mindset is to just simply give respect to everyone even with their co-Blacksheep. 

 

“Just dropped by to dump these two here,” said Yujin after briefly pointing towards them. 

 

“I see, I presume you’re heading to Sakura Unnie then,” commented Nako as she turned around and knocked at the office door. 

 

“Just wait for a moment,” added Nako as she went inside first.

 

 

“Who is she?” asked Hyewon to Eunbi.

 

“She’s the secretary of the youth leader,” explained Eunbi, it was brief yet precise to know that probably the leader is busy with a lot of things to get a secretary.

 

The youth leader is basically in charge of everything of people aging 26 below. The proposals, approval, and anything under the sun that needs law are handled by her.

 

After the explanation, Nako popped her head from the office door and gestured for them to go inside. 

As usual, Yujin went first, then Eunbi, and the two.

 

Once they stepped inside the main office’s premises, Hyewon had to cover her eyes because of the bright sun rays coming from the window. When she adjusted her eyes, she saw a person sitting at her gaming chair while facing the outside view.

 

The office is normal yet sophisticated, there was a long table with nice chairs, an aquarium on the side with a piranha. 

 

“Hey, Minjoo. Is that a multi-monitor setup?! Damn! It reminds me of my gaming days,” exclaimed Hyewon.

 

Minjoo was clueless about gaming stuff but it’s indeed obvious that the work desk set up of this person is quite for a gaming nerd.

 

“Sakura Unnie, it’s been a while,” said Yujin. The person rotated her chair to face them. Hyewon and Minjoo were surprised to see a foreign girl in the community. 

 

“Yujin, how may I help you?” polite but stern, Sakura sighed, the mood she has seems to not fit having visitors today.

 

If Yujin was cold, then the aura of this girl was twice thrilling. She clasped her hands and crossed her legs as she looked at the tea in front of her, not bothering to look at them. She has these big round eyes with a hazy look, regardless of how playful her office looks like, Sakura was wearing a button-down shirt, and formal slacks pairing it with penny loafers. She looked much of a young politician.

 

“We’re bringing some people back in their places, during the assignment in Blackhole last night, we saw these two lurkings out in the dark,” 

 

“I see,” that was the only reply that Sakura said. Nako, on the other hand, asked the four of them to have a seat. Then, she went out for a second. 

Once settled, Yujin was playing on her pocket knife, Eunbi was quiet while Minjoo and Hyewon were eyeing each other and the place like innocents.

 

The silence was broken by clicks and keyboard sounds made by Sakura, Minjoo looked at her and assumed that she was doing something for her computer. 

 

After a few minutes, Nako went back holding a paper on her hand. She handed it to Sakura who sipped on her tea. The latter, while reading the document didn’t show any sort of reaction.

 

“Ah.” 

 

The four of them looked at Sakura, the latter cleared for a while.

 

“To confirm, you came here wishing to drop the two Blacksheep on their community located in Blackton at the South,”

 

For the first time, Sakura made eye contact with Yujin, then she glanced at the two. 

 

Yujin nodded.

 

“I see, well that’s possible.”

 

Yujin threw her fist in the air.

 

“But..”

 

Then she paused and looked back at Sakura.

 

“Blackton is currently occupied by refugees from Zhonefield, hence, overpopulated. But no worries, those refugees will be sent back to their land once the Zhonefield faction cleared it. They’ll be contacting us after the assignment.”

 

“Wait, wait..so they’re going back right?” asked Yujin, while the other three sighed. Sakura folded the paper and gave Yujin a flat look.

 

“Yes, but not now,”

 

“What? So, they’ll be staying here?” asked Yujin.

 

“Yes, on your care.”

 

“WHAT?!” Yujin stood up and slammed the table.

 

“Yujin, keep calm,” said Eunbi.

 

“Finders keepers, Yujin, plus I think you wouldn’t mind taking care and being their guardians, for now, that’s how you became a part of Bluescars, right?” said Sakura.

 

“..and for the two of you, help them with anything you can to lessen the burden. We will contact you once transferring to Blackton won’t be a hassle anymore,” added Sakura.

 

“This doesn’t make sense!” Yujin walked out from the office leaving Minjoo and Hyewon irritated.

 

“It’s not like we like being with her neither,” whispered Hyewon. Minjoo just nodded.

 

“If you don’t have any concerns, you’re free to leave,” said Sakura as she went back to her computer.

 

“I’ll accompany you guys outside,” said Nako. Then, Hyewon and Minjoo stood and walked out.

 

Eunbi was left inside the office with Sakura.

 

“How long will it take?” asked Eunbi, she has her back facing Sakura.

 

“I’m not sure,”

 

“Just contact us as soon as possible,” said Eunbi.

 

When she turned the doorknob, Eunbi froze after feeling a sudden warmth behind her back.

 

“It’s been a while since you’re here,” 

 

Eunbi felt goosebumps on her body as she heard the low and husky voice of the youth leader.

 

“Don’t go any closer,” struggled Eunbi.

 

“Why would I?”

 

“…”

 

“You still smell the same, Kwon Eunbi, visit more often,” 

 

“Kkura,”

 

“..and you haven’t changed too,”

 

The latter heard footsteps and assumed that Sakura went back to her chair, she sighed deeply. She was frozen for a few seconds but then had the guts to go out.

 

 

 

Arriving back to the warehouse, Yujin let out a loud sigh as she expressed a bad mood. The group behind her didn’t even bother to notice it anymore, for Yujin will just act like that for the meantime. 

 

As they went inside, Eunbi gathered everyone in their dining area to have a short meeting. Not long after, everyone sat on their respective seats.

 

“Since the situ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter