EPISODE 1: Outbreak

Apocalypse in the Time of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was tragic. A year ago before the pandemic, the town of Wolfwater was peaceful where most high school students spent their time to fulfill what they wanted to be and adults went to their respective jobs. If only the land of Zhonfield wasn't retarded enough of letting their countrymen flew to other nations, then it could have been prevented, the population wouldn't go down to a hundred million people divided into factions per land, so far, Wolfwater had six. 

 

Let's just say that Wolfwater was one of the lands that couldn't say no to superpower nation, Zhonfield. It was indeed rich in weapons and always prepared for combat, it was their advantage to most lands aside from the fact that they are the most populated place on earth. The leader of Wolfwater just had to be fragile enough to support and cater to the immigrants OR disease carriers to live in their land. But looking back, there was no sense of getting another land as an asset for war, for it never happened, because people just died continuously including Wolfwater's president. 

 

The virus spread rapidly where it can only take a few seconds for you to change, it evolved like a snake venom that once it landed on your body, it can burn your veins and you'll mutate in a snap. 

 

Where did the virus originate? Well, the damage that it made was enormously massive than it's the origin, the Zhonfield people acquired the disease from eating a certain fruit, Bianfruit. This fruit was supposedly not edible for people, but then it seems that some people in Zhonfield ate this out of curiosity, let's settle it as an 'incident'.

 

This is the most hated thing of the girl sitting on top of an abandoned school truck as she watched the sunset. She was thankful that natural events still exist. The situation in their world now was never expected nor predicted by the experts, the closest prediction is probably having zombies around them which never happened, technically, aside from the living infected. Similarly but stronger than zombies, these people are alive but their immune system was able to handle the virus. However, they weren't as normal as they should be. 

 

The infected has monster-like features, they're alive, but they don't have any contribution to the world but spread more virus and mutate the living, so, in a nutshell, they're like cancer-- cancer in a form of a person with bat-features. (way too different than that hero from Gotham City.)

 

The girl has her arms crossed as she runs her fingers through her black leather jacket. Combing her hair after, she noticed some hair fall. 

 

"I should use a better shampoo," she muttered to herself as she observed the blue strands on her palm.

 

"Yujin-ah! It's time for dinner!" 

 

Yujin jumped from her position and stretched her arms. 

 

"I'm coming!" 

 

Not long after, Yujin sat in front of the table and observed what was cooked.

 

"What's for dinner, Mom?" 

 

"How many times have I told you that I don't look like a mom?" A petite girl with black hair defended, she was holding a spatula ready to smack Yujin anytime.

 

"Chill, Eunbi!" 

 

Both of them chuckled.

 

"Oh god, if only the leaders will know how you're mistreating me then probably you're gonna get dumped in Blacksheep," said Eunbi.

 

"My skills are nowhere near Blacksheep," replied Yujin proudly. 

 

"Whatever," 

 

The factions in their land were divided based on their contributions as people. 

 

First were the Bluescars, which is the faction where Yujin and Eunbi is a part of. This group is known as the masters of clearing the whole nation with the infected, they're like the best team to call if your area is infested with carriers of diseases, they're the protectors of Wolfwater.

 

 The next one is the Redbrows, the members of this faction serves as the lawmakers of the nation. 

 

Thirdly, the Pinkthornes, this group stands as the medical team, nurses and doctors were here, aiding the left people on their nation. 

 

The Yellowbullet are the ones in charge of the agriculture and markets of the nation. They still need a functioning society for capitalism.

 

 The Greenblades are like the second Pinkthornes, except that this faction has mediocre skills in medicine, but they're the scientist of the nation who will help with any discovery and conducts research on how to cure the mutants.

 

Last and the least were the Blacksheep, they don't give any good contribution to anyone. They're like the passive people who don't have the will to live anymore but they're still there nonetheless. These people could be that Janitress in the office or the guy who'd deliver pizza on your doorstep.

 

The objectives of living on earth were just simple, to clean and reproduce. They are highly encouraged to have families and make the earth like a better place like how Miss Universe candidates would always dream of. But, there were big adjustments to it that they are still considering as of today. The rules were a bit different, it's like they had completely gone back when Adam and Eve were just starting as lovers.

 

"Don't we have new assignments?" asked Yujin after drinking a glass of coke.

 

"Aside from the emergency call around the Blackhole later at 8 pm, we're going to wait 'til the Redbrows sends another one," said Eunbi as she looked at her laptop for records.

 

"Alrighty~ then I'll get ready for the grind." 

 

Yujin danced to Viv and the Rival's I want it as she went to her room.

 

Two of them were living in a warehouse where everything that they needed was there. The kitchen, bathroom, and self-customized rooms are all established inside the warehouse.

 

Yujin then opened her cabinet of weapons for cleaning time. It displayed different modified guns, from machine guns to grenade launchers, from ax to chainsaw and Katanas. All of them were Yujin's property. As for Eunbi, she was a Samurai, a baseball bat with barb wires and nails, of course, Ninja spikes type of a girl. She likes its melee.

 

"Get some heat tonight baby girl," said Yujin to her Kusarigama, a weapon chain.

 

"So, you're going close proximity fight tonight?" asked Eunbi as she washed the dishes, she glanced towards Yujin who was wiping down the blade.

 

"Nah, I don't like their blood, smells weird for me," 

 

"Alright then,"

 

It wasn't long enough till it's 8 pm. The two prepared to leave and went to the garage. Yujin's assault vehicle was shining like it was ready to slay. 

 

"Ready?"

 

Eunbi nodded and the two of them sped up going to their destination.

 

"Drive slowly~" requested Eunbi, Yujin will always be that crazy driver like she owns the road. It was safe in their area because of their faction's discipline and skills with killing. 

 

"We should be quick, I don't want blackeys to get killed you know, it's sad to see them turn into batman after living a life of dullness," Yujin chuckled.

 

"You're an ," said Eunbi as she chuckled along.

 

"Just remember, they're still people, treat them like how a normal person would do," added Eunbi.

 

"Yeah, I know, I know."

 

 

The Factions: 

Protector, alert, strong, realistic, brave! The Bluescars will do everything to save the community to fight face-to-face with their strong will to help the community survive.

kodenk has subscribed to your story!kodenk has subscribed to your story!

Lawmakers, observant, rational, leaders, wise! The Redbrows will help people by leading them to better decision making. They will be the new world leaders.

Medic, quick, thoughtful, careful, risk-takers! The Pinkthorns faction is heaven-sent, if you feel pain, then they're the number one people that you should see. (Though they don't cure the brokenhearted.)

Scientists, patient, studious, logical, sociopaths! The Greenblades can be a help for the medics and protectors, they can assist the nurses, and they can discover an antidote t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter