1 - 8

From Gummy Bears to Cherries and Everything in Between

1. heads topdaragon

jiyong bit and chewed continuously as he watched the two almost uninterestedly.

they were awkward as always.

but jiyong couldn’t help but notice. he wanted to laugh at the pair, the way they interacted. they were so obvious, yet so oblivious to each other. something was going to happen, he knew; his insides boiled with envy.

another nibble before he swallowed.

biting off the heads of gummy bears never tasted better than when he watches seunghyun and dara.

 

2. invincible seungri-centric

his self-confidence was his wall, the barrier he carefully built up himself. it was the mask that seungri put on whenever he was on stage or during an interview, or photo shoot, or whatever.

this wall, this confidence kept him safe, secure because inside seungri was weak, unsure, and vulnerable. he was innocent and naïve. he hid behind this barrier, pretending to keep strong from all the hate he read, the looks he received and the harsh criticism he heard. but all the things he heard, all the things he’d see or read, they’d hit him hard and always manage to crack the shield he tried to protect himself with.

it hurt.

every night, seungri’s mask would fall away, his wall would crumble, his shield breaking from the rust and cracks and the damage he so feebly endured. his tears would flow quickly and endlessly, staying awake until the sun was beginning to peak once again over the horizon. he stays, curled up in bed, shaking and sobbing because he’s scared he won’t be able to hold up his shield or rebuild his wall. he fears he won’t be able to handle it.

he’s vulnerable and weak and scared.

but this night, it’s different. a new wall is being wrapped around him; it’s comfortable, safer, warm. and seungri realizes that it’s a pair of arms encircling his waist, protective and secure. his tears soak up his hyung’s shirt, whimpers muffled against his neck.

and jiyong whispers just how invincible he really is.

 

3. the first taste tabisan

it was heaven. it was like floating on freakin’ cloud nine. choi seunghyun is sure. because he finally has his vanilla ice cream, and dara is sitting right next to him on the bench. and her presence just makes it taste so much better.

but that isn’t what seunghyun was talking about.

it started with that day he saw dara, tinkling laugh that had him questioning his love for ice cream. they started noticing each other after, their glances not so subtle. the conversations were uncomfortable, pausing awkwardly and stumbling over words. asking was the worse, with its “hey, uhm… listen – do you… the weather, it’s. nice. – want to?” and the bell-like laugh of “okay.”

and it escalated from there, but that still wasn’t what seunghyun was talking about.

he and dara had decided to go for a walk during their break, trekking further and further away from campus. the sun was casting warm rays upon their smiling faces, and the clear skies only lifted the mood even more.

they even found ice cream.

seunghyun is the only one that buys a scoop, and dara watches her boyfriend in amusement. he tipped his cone towards her, offering. dara smiled and leaned in for a taste before pulling away. seunghyun lets out a low chuckle.

“you got some on your nose, pabo.” and he swipes his thumb at the tiny dot of vanilla, smirking teasingly. dara pouts.

then seunghyun isn’t sure how, but their lips are suddenly meeting for the first time they started going out, and he feels light headed. the sky seems more blue and the sun is shining brighter than ever, warm. he doesn’t care that his ice cream has fallen to the floor – melting with jealousy.

he doesn’t care if it sounds cliché, but dara tasted sweeter than any flavor of ice cream he’s ever tasted.

 

4. just the opposite chaeri

chaerin didn’t think she and seungri were opposites. because if they were, she would find herself attracted to him in some sort of way.

she just doesn’t see it.

seungri and her nearly never got along, arguing about the smallest of things. he never agreed with her and she always took a stab at his self-confidence. but of course, the big bang hyungs thought otherwise, grinning knowingly and having –not so – secretive talks with the rest of 2ne1.  

chaerin suddenly wonders if seungri thinks the same thing. only, she figures he doesn’t since he’s always sitting with one of his hyungs or something.

it’s then that she notices how she’s always unconsciously  gravitating towards seungri whenever he’s near.

like he’s the magnet she can’t help but be attracted to.

 

5. insecurities minzy-centric

minzy continues to dance, music blasting through the speakers of the practice room. it’s nearly two hours past midnight and she can’t help but keep going.

even if it’s getting harder and harder to breathe.

even if she’s numb all over.

she looks herself in the mirror and realizes this is most likely the only thing she’s noticed for besides being the maknae.

 

6. what it’s worth sundaragon

taeyang often wonders if it’s worth it. worth giving up his own happiness for the happiness of his best friend.

he watches jiyong interlock his hand with dara’s from a distance with a smile, but it doesn’t reach his eyes. the sun sets and the couple laughs melodically as they walk along the shore.

the water rolls along the sand at their feet and their hands are swinging.

he takes the time to look back, to wonder what it would be like if it was him holding dara’s hand, taking walks along the sea shore as the sun sets and fades into a dotted night sky, the milky way smooth and visible.

taeyang hears her laugh from where he’s sitting and thinks, dara’s value is far more worth than his and jiyong’s combined.

 

7. spring bombae

park bom isn’t sure she likes spring.

it’s cold and the wind and rain just ruins her hair and she doesn’t like it one bit. she doesn’t care how pretty the flowers are or how warm it is when the sun is out during the abnormal weather.

she just dislikes how she ends up coming back to the dorm with sniffles even though it was bright and sunny when she first went out.

bom doesn’t mind though, when she finds a box of tissues and a small lone daisy sitting on the kitchen counter.

the yellow flower is attached to a card and it smiles back at her when she reads the only thing written on it;

taeyang ^^

 

8. moments tabisan

dara sighs in contempt as she leans back on her hands. the grass is cool and sort of wet but she doesn’t care when she feels the warmth of seunghyun’s body radiating over her own.

their shoulders brush against each other and both their heads are tilted back to gaze at the night sky above them.

the moon is bright and the stars continue to twinkle, twinkle, twinkle.

dara rests her head on seunghyun’s shoulder, leaning into him more, greedily taking in his body heat and seunghyun chooses then to speak.

“i’d pull down the moon for you.” his voice is a low whisper and dara manages to keep from giggling because it sounds a bit corny. but it’s sort of sweet so she stays silent.

minutes tick by and seunghyun finally snorts, “i can’t believe i said that.”

dara laughs.