Chapter 0

Beautiful Love Story, Or So You Thought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A young man carried a stalk of flower outside of Kim's house like every other day.

Today is no exception, except today it was a daisy!

 

 

Taeyeon secretly peeks outside the window. It was like radar was installed on him, the moment Taeyeon looks out, he instinctively looked up at Taeyeon's bedroom window. Then when their eyes met, he had this charismatic smile that makes her heart go "Thump, thump".

 

 

But something was too wrong.

Kim Taeyeon has a false identity she's living under; Kim Hyeon, a male.

No one except for her family knows about this, it has to be kept a secret since this is a crime in this country!

Yet, this person, whom she does not know at all, has been courting 'him'. 

 


Outsiders would think that 'Aww... Captain Jiyong is here to court the beautiful second daughter, Kim Hayeon'. But NO, he asked for Kim Hyeon. KIM. HYEON.

 

 

How long has she been living as Kim Hyeon, she can't even recall by now. At first, it was to help out her family. Her father was gone before the birth of Hayeon. Her mother soon passed on. So Taeyeon, never had she experience living a life like a girl. She disguised herself, as a boy, worked as an assistant for Master Do Hyun. Master Do Hyun is a renown physician in the country. Taeyeon excelled since young and he had high expectation for her as well. But girls never stand a chance no matter how excellent they are, they stand no chance. So to keep living, she needs the opportunity even if it means forsaking her female's identity.

 

 

There's no way she can abandon this stable livelihood right now.

 

What's more important than having enough food on the table.

 

 

Taeyeon averts her eyes and heartlessly pulls the curtain.

 

 

Jiyong let out a sigh and a restless smile. He's rejected again.

He got to step up the game.

 

 

A girl, almost like a younger version of Taeyeon came out from the house, peeking left and right then rest her sight on Jiyong when she spotted him

But she wasn't the person Jiyong was waiting for. 
However, whenever he saw her, he can vividly remember that much more mature face with familiar and sharper features, hair tied in two little ponytails, carefully tending to his wounds.

He wonders if she remembers.

 

 

Jiyong snaps back to reality when he felt an arm wrapped around his and the flower on his hand is gone.

"Oppa, why are you here again?" Hayeon had the daisy in her hand, her eyes were focused on it as she plays with it.

Jiyong got alerted, he snatches the daisy back and pushed her away lightly. Hayeon pouts and shamelessly clings onto him again like a spoiled child.

"If only Hyeon can be like you" he mutters under his breath, but Hayeon heard it all.

 

 

She felt unfair, she felt angry, envious, jealous. All the ugly emotions were pouring into her. 
She tilted her head down as she vents to herself quietly, "Just what's so special about unnie?".

 


She likes Jiyong more, longer and most importantly she can be with him publicly. She is the one who qualifies to be with him compared to Taeyeon.

Hayeon fixes her expression quickly and smiles sweetly as she always does, as if it wasn't her with those mean thoughts just moments before,  "How about grabbing some toast at the tea house?"

 

 

 

Jiyong didn't even bother to look at her, "I'm sure they prepared breakfast for you already".

"Then how about you come in?", she suggested without thinking much, Jiyong without hesitation, took up that offer.

 

 

Because of her sister again...

Again and again...

 

 

Hyeon already dressed in male clothing was in the kitchen preparing their breakfast.

It took her by surprise when she turned around and saw Hayeon and that guy.

 

 

It was the first time seeing him so close.

Jiyong as well, despite his outward appearance, he's pretty much a timid boy. He tried not to show but the way he fiddles with the flower in his hand, it is way too obvious.

 

 

"Please leave..." Taeyeon turns her head away, her hands stumble upon the utensils clumsily. 



Seeing the person she invited was being chased away, Hayeon silently protests, she links her arm in his again, leading him to the table.

"He's my visitor, you can't do that"

 

 

Taeyeon tried to act normal but she was getting more and more flustered when her gaze would accidentally meet his or when she overhears their conversation.

 

 

It had been a year since he came to her door, every day. Day or night, it doesn't matter. But recently, it's getting more and more frequent, it's pressuring her.

 

 

Taeyeon served a bowl of congee and slams it on the table. She then grabs Jiyong by his hand and dragged him outside, to somewhere farther away.

Hayeon was shocked, her eyes staring widely at the empty seat beside her that was once occupied by Jiyong.

Did her sister just stole him away?! Taeyeon never did anything unnecessarily, even when Hayeon tries to find troubles for her, Taeyeon acted as if nothing happened. But now...

 

 

Taeyeon could finally catch her breath after dashing out with a piece of heavy human luggage.

Her brows furrowed, both hands on the waist, an angry expression hanging on her face, thinking she might be able to scare away this annoying guy. But she didn't know, just how she looks like in his eyes. Just like an angry little kitten with her rosy cheeks all puffed up.

 


"Just what do you want?!" she tried to maintain the composure. But it just makes her looks stiff. Jiyong tried hard not to let out a chuckle.

 


"Ahem" he coughs, he his dried lips, he raises a brow and slowly walks towards her.

"What do you think I want?"

He kept coming closer and closer, Taeyeon had no choice but to retreat backwards.

"After coming to find you every day and night"

he kept on walking towards her. Taeyeon was taken aback, she's losing her composure already. Her head slowly bowing down so she can't maintain that intense eye contact.

"Isn't it because..."

She gulps.

"...I like you?"

 

 

Being confessed by a guy probably have never felt so confusing. She may be a female but she is currently disguised as a male.
She always had this bewildered idea that he likes guys, since no one should know of her identity. Now, it just seems like it's true.

"W-we're impossible", no longer able to hide her nervousness, she stutters as she talks, her fingers fiddling around like mad.

 

 

They were so close to one another right now, if he leans in by few inches, they would kiss already. He would die to kill those plum-like lips, but he would scar this girl he's in love for years so he would never unless it's the appropriate time.

He smiles, his smile was so gentle it comforts her and calms her down. Jiyong distanced away from her and instead ruffles her hair. Taeyeon startled as he touched her hair, she can't let her wig drop off.

 

 

"Are we really... impossible?" He asked her. Even though he seems like he was smiling, it hurts him insides, just how long do you think he yearns for this girl.

His tone sounds like it was filled with sadness and disappointment. But they're impossible. Imagine if he found out Hyeon is a fake, just how disappointed will he be. Taeyeon had heard of homouality before, and it seems like it will be hard to change the preference. Even though she wasn't against it, she won't want to let his hope goes up and then tumble down like a roller coaster ride... Because he seems like a nice person... She should cheat his feelings, he deserves so much better.

 

 

 

 

 

If only she knows, all he wants is her.

 

 

 


 

"Then fulfil me three wishes, and I'll stop. Completely"
 

 

One. A date.

The two 'men' went to the bursting street, every maiden turns their head to look at them after they pass by. Two well-looking 'men', one man looked gentle and courteous. Another man looked chivalrous and valiant. Almost like a match made in heaven. Hold up, something's wrong. 


No one made the first move, it was almost like they were strangers walking side by side. Taeyeon had never gone on dates before, she was clueless on what to do. She spent her time looking at stores that they passed by, dreaming that she is gnawing at those appetising food stall snacks.

 

She was almost drooling at those thoughts, Jiyong noticed right away. The way she frantically wipes away the drool and even how her face flare-up was beautiful. He thought he would never make it to this step: to be able to stroll through the street with Taeyeon beside him.

 

He naughtily laughs at her, making fun of her. Taeyeon didn't suppress her embarrassment either and vent it all on Jiyong's poor arm. The few red marks were still on his arm the next day.

 


Rumours spread quickly, the next day, the old ladies came to Hyeon and starts gossiping about his new relationship with Captain Jiyong, guessing that Hayeon and Jiyong are getting engaged which brought Hayeon's 'brother' to hang out together with 'his future brother-in-law'.

This did not make Taeyeon feel good. Taeyeon knows it clearly that Hayeon is interested in him, she didn't mind it at first but now, it's tearing her apart so selfishly. She is getting more and more aware of him, so much that she merely felt sick at the thought of Hayeon and Jiyong being together intimately.

It just had to be right at this moment while Hyeon was in 'his' most disoriented state when Jiyong came by and asked for his second request: another date.

Another date... Yeah, why am I doing this? We have always impossible. Hayeon will work out just right for him.

 

 

That day, she sent Hayeon out, breaking the deal she made with Jiyong.

He probably knows what her answer means now.

He will probably stop asking for Hyeon and asks for Hayeon from now on.

 

 

Something wet rolled down her cheek, she wipes it away and looks at it.
It's water. Water?

 

 

Oh... she's crying.

 

 

She rubbed her wet tears. It feels so hot, it's burning her.

 

 

Since when did she last cried?

Probably when she lost her both of her parents.

 

 

Since when did she start crying?

Probably after she sent Hayeon out to meet Jiyong.
 


 

 

 

 

 

Ahh... Is it that she is in love with him?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her mind is not working right.

 

 

She got off the bed, not sparing a look at the pillow that was stained with tears, her hand fumbles around, knocking down her bed lamps, the patients' papers. 

 

 

 

She is in urgent.

 

 

She pulled out a random coat from the closet and put it over her sleepwear.

 

 

She went to the doorway and put on mismatching shoe.

 

 

She went out of the door and did not lock it.

 

 

She stumbled half of the time as she looks all over the place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For that one person that is screwing up her whole mind.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter