CASE #2

TRIGGER

Yunho and Jaejoong, both are the top police detective. They always get on each other nerves and compete who is the best detective ever. But whenever one of them getting trouble, the other trying hard to help. Such a complicated relationship.

The next day, Jaejoong taking sick leave for a day and Yunho were like lost puppies. He can’t annoy Jaejoong and make him angry today. He could only watch Junsu and Changmin bickering in the morning and become buddies again in the evening. Nothing special today, he arrest some ert guy in the bus and some small robbery.

Nothing special...

“Changmin, my mother just bought this delicious wine for me as a gift. Do you wanna have a taste?”

“nah pal, gonna pass tonight. I already have a date with hot chicks and we would bang later.” Changmin said, wearing his leather jacket

“but, you should left me a few drop.” Changmin added

“don’t worry, i’ll spare you half of bottle. Good luck with your date bro.” Junsu said and they waved goodbye.

Junsu is tidying up his desk, ready to go home too because his twin brother gonna crash to his place tonight so he is excited, gonna play games until dawn with him. And he look at Yunho’s solemn face. can’t help but tease the lorn-love man.

“why don’t you take a look at Jaejoong, Yunho?” Junsu suggests, adding few winks at Yunho and Yunho sigh.

“just go home and stop bothering me.”

“look, i will spill the tea for you.” Junsu said with serious face and he whisper this to Yunho.

“Jaejoong live alone in his apartment, with nobody to take care of him. he is, how should i put this, his parents never care about him and he is the only child. He is always all alone since a toodler. so i guess he is having painful time alone in his apartment. So make the right choice.”

After hearing that, Yunho’s face started to panic.

“dude, i didn’t know the number of his apartment!”

“2154 dude. You are welcome. You owe me lunch for a week.” After saying that, Junsu pats Yunho’s shoulder and go home.

Yunho taps his pen furiously, whether he should go or not. But it might be awkward if he comes now. Why the hell Junsu tell him just now? Why not since morning? What if something bad happen to Jaejoong? Like ing hell! he decide he is going to kill Junsu later.

“Jung, you are not coming home yet?” the sergeant greet Yunho and he immediately stood up

“ah, yes sir. I’m almost done.”

“don’t get too competitive with this job. Especially with Jaejoong, both of you were my treasure so please be kind with each other.” the sergeant say, Yunho nods his head.

it all, he is going over to Jaejoong right now. He can’t stay still after what Junsu told him earlier.

As he arrived, he run to the upstairs and found the room. If Junsu prank on me he better pray for his life, Yunho thought.

After taking a deep breath, Yunho ring the bell. And there is an old lady who open the door

“hi there, may i help you?” the lady ask

Yunho clench his fist, Junsu must be fooling me! that bastard!

“uhm, sorry. Is this Kim Jaejoong apartment?” Yunho nervously ask, and to his surprise the lady nods her head and smile.

“yes, he is my son. Are you his friend? Do you come to see him?” Yunho clears his throat and nod. The lady ask him to come inside and he nods. Place his shoes and then notice that actually there is so many people inside.

“we are all worried that joongie said he is a little bit sick, so all of us come and visit him.” the lady laugh.

“oh, my name is Jung Yunho, ma’am.” Yunho said, introduced himself and the lady nods.

“this is all Jaejoong’s sister and his nephew, niece, and there is his father.”

This doesn’t look like parents who doesn’t care about his son at all. And he is not an only child! I’m gonna smack Junsu’s so hard!

I’m so busted. Yunho could feel his cheek red in embarassment.

“here, Joongie is inside his room.” His mother said and Yunho said thanks

‘what? joongie? Is that his nickname? What a cute nickname! I’m going to about it later.’ Yunho thought and smile to himself.

Jaejoong’s eyes were wide when he saw Yunho. Yunho laugh awkwardly and place a bucket of fruit he bought along the way.

“Yunho?”

“Junsu trick me.” Yunho sigh.

“what?”

“he said, you might be dying inside your house because you were alone and your parents abandoned you. And here i am.” Yunho said.

“what???? hahahaha Junsu is such a . And you are one too because you fell into his trap.”

“yeah. I should know about you more.. uhm i mean we are colleagues of course i should know more about you.” Yunho scratch the back of his head nervously.

“so, what is your sickness?” Yunho tried to ease the awkward situation, as he sit on the edge of Jaejoong’s bed.

“nothing much, my head is dizzy and my stomach is kinda hurt. It’s because i overworked the whole weekend and forgot to eat properly. That’s all.”

“you gone to doctor yet?”

“yes, one of my sister is a doctor so..”

“oh, okay.”

There is this silence a few seconds and Jaejoong smile.

“are you worried about me?” he ask

“well, my rival is sick of course i’m worried.” Yunho said

“i thought, you were sick because of yesterday case. I mean the abusive father and all, then Junsu making up those crazy stories is make it all worse.” He added

“oh that...”

“hm, you can tell me if you want.” Yunho said, showing his concern. Jaejoong look at him and chuckles.

“i’m just so fond of children. If i heard them mistreated like that i immediately feel bad. I mean i always have love around me from my parents and sister so it’s just unfair that there is children who didn’t feel like i did.” Jaejoong said. Now Yunho can sigh in relief.

“your family is quite a package right there, how many sisters?”

“8....”

“damn, i have one but ugh enough...” both laugh

“are you going to work tomorrow?” Yunho ask

“yes of course, i already feel better.” Jaejoong said

“this is the first time i see you Yunho. usually Jaejoong hang out with the tall guy and cute guy. Changmin and Junsu. Changmin even goes to our house to ask my homemade cookies in the weekend. Such a warm boy.” Jaejoong’s mother said

“yeah, i rarely hang out with Jaejoong.” He said, because we are nemesis, Yunho thought.

“Jaejoong, he is really handsome. This is Yunho you often talk about, right?” one of Jaejoong’s sister said and Yunho heard it. he trying hard not to choke right there.

‘why would Jaejoong talks about me?’ Yunho thought

“NOONA!” Jaejoong shout

“Joongie, he is really your type!” other sister of Jaejoong keep teasing him

“no, he is not.” Jaejoong said, his cheek blushing a little and pinch his sister

In the end, Yunho spend quite time with Jaejoong’s family. Jaejoong’s family is really warm and he like them.

“Yunho here, bring this cookies with you.” Jaejoong’s mother said, Yunho thank her and smile. Jaejoong walk him out

“sorry, my family is so noisy.” Jaejoong said

“it’s okay. I’m the one who should be sorry to interrupt your family time.”

“nah, you actually save me. It’s so devastating being pampered all day by them.” Jaejoong sigh

“okay then, see you tomorrow Joongie.” Jaejoong’s eyes widened hearing his nickname

“hey! You can’t call me that...” Yunho smirk at him

“why Joongie? Feel shy?”

“NO! Ugh just go home.” Jaejoong said, Yunho then waved goodbye and go home. He didn’t notice Jaejoong’s ear turn red.

------------

“WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE COOKIES? GIVE IT TO ME.” Yunho who eats peacefully earlier quickly hide the jar of cookies and stuff it to his drawer and lock it

“Yunho, it was Mrs. Kim homemade cookies. One of the seven wonder! How did you get that?”

“not telling you.” Yunho said and eat the cookie in front of Changmin’s devastated face

“someone just go over his boyfriend’s house to check on him last night, Changmin. of course he get the cookie from his in law.” Junsu said, Yunho rose from his seat and walk toward Junsu

“speaking of that, Junsu.. how dare you lie to me? I almost lost my face right there!” Yunho said and spank Junsu’s

“that hurts, idiot.”

“don’t ever mess with me again.” Yunho said and go back to his seat

“well, thanks to me you actually get closer to Jaejoong more than ever. And you get those cookie and in laws blessing!” Junsu said

“Yunho seriously, i didn’t want to get violence but just give the cookie to me. And i wouldn’t harm you. I swear.” Changmin said

“what is going on?” Jaejoong just got back from work outside and he sat on the desk

“Jaejoong, mom didn’t left cookie for me? Why this scumbag even have it?” Changmin said as he walk toward Jaejoong

“you call Jaejoong’s mother as mom?” Yunho cringe at the thought

“yes, why? He is the mom who made me cookies. I have a lot of mom out there who gave me food.” Changmin said

“no Changmin, i guess she forgot. I will bring it tomorrow.”

“but i want it now.” Changmin sulks

“Jung, you are really a loser. Just give him some crumbs so he will shut the up.” Junsu said, Changmin squinted his eyes at Junsu

“what the , Junsu? I thought we are friends?”

“you are so annoying today so we are enemies, for today.”

“Yunho, just give the cookies to this monster. I will tell my mom to made it again for you too.” Jaejoong said

“agree, for your own safety reason Yunho. just give it to me and your body will not lose anything.” Changmin said, Yunho snorted at him and gave him the cookies

“you really like the cookies, huh?” Jaejoong smile at Yunho, for some reason Yunho’s heart skipped a beat.

Wait, what?

“yeah, it was tasty.” Yunho said and sigh.

“hey, don’t be sad. I promise i will gave the cookies tomorrow.” Jaejoong said. It’s not like Yunho really like the cookie but somehow he realized along this time he never be that kind of friend with Jaejoong. They always fight and fight. Somehow it makes him upset.

“i hope you choke on those cookies.” Yunho cursed at Changmin and the tall boy munch the cookies gracefully to mock him.

The sergeant come to them and take one of Changmin’s cookies, the tall boy groans.

“you guys were fighting over cookies?” he laugh and eat the cookies. He then gave Yunho files.

“can you work on this? Some gang not far from here is causing a ruckus and apparently they are fighting and resulting one of the gang member shot in the arms. The guy still in the hospital and i want you to question him on what the hell is actually happening. pick a partner as you like okay, thanks.” Yunho nods and read the files, he then call Changmin

“yo, help me.”

“can’t, i have a date tonight.” Changmin said as he busying himself.

“Junsuuuuuu.” He called out, Junsu immediately plug in earphone

“i have ton of work myself, see?” he said, Yunho sigh and he land his eyes on Jaejoong who already look at him and smile.

“i could help.” He said and Yunho shrugged

“nah, you just recover.”

“i’m okay now, really. Beside i’m craving for some jobs to do. i’m not busy.” Jaejoong said.

With that, they both go into the hospital to interview the gang member.

---------------

-tbc-

A/N: HAPPY READING ALL :D

DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT TO THIS STORY, LOVE YA~