CASE #1

TRIGGER

------------

The morning is peaceful enough for Jaejoong to breathe an air. He neatly place his bag under the table and turn on his laptop. Few minutes Later, people were flooding in the police department and he gave high five to Changmin who just came in time.

“shoot, day by day it’s getting hard to leave the bed. And not to mention after such a long work yesterday.” Changmin cried out, with a loud thud he throw his bagpack under the table.

“Shim Changmin, you are just a lazy bum. That’s all.” Junsu mocked and Changmin threw paper at him.

There is a loud crash coming from the front door and everybody look up. That was the top one detective, Jung Yunho. he is breathing hard while running to his desk.

“i came just in time.” Yunho said breathlessly

“it’s almost 9 bastard, you barely in time.” Changmin sneer and Yunho just laugh.

“yeah , there is no chance you could’ve win the best detective award of the month this time.” Jaejoong said, Yunho smirk at Jaejoong and walk closer to his face

“well, listen Kim Jaejoong. I might be always late all the time but my record of arresting criminal is higher than yours.”

“fyi mr. Can’t-be-on-time, efficiency time is also counted to be the winner so don’t get your hopes too high. Get off your filthy hands out of my environment.” Jaejoong said as he shove Yunho’s hand on his desk. Yunho stuck out his tongue and sat on his desk.

“early morning and this couple already being so loud!” Junsu groan

“we are not a couple!” both Yunho and Jaejoong shout in unison

“then, why would anyone care about the best detective award? It’s look like an award for er and loser.” Changmin said

“no, it is not. It’s a prove that you are the best and number one.” Jaejoong said, emphasized the last word.

“well, it still sounds so dumb. What is so good about being a captain’s pet?” Junsu said

“ah, i get it. did you guys bet on it? what is the reward and punishment?” Changmin ask

“it’s a secret and we are not going to tell you.” Yunho smirk

“petty. I bet it’s involving and stuff.” Junsu guessed

“no Junsu! Ew, who would want a with him. look at him, he hasn’t bath like forever! He is so dirty.” Jaejoong scrunched his nose, throwing disgusting look at Yunho.

“gah, do you think anyone want to sleep with you? Look at your skin, so white it’s almost transparent. Bet it’s all slimy and gotta make squeaky sounds when you have .” Yunho retort. Both of them glared at each other.

Junsu and Changmin shake their head in amusement.

“assemble everyone, the briefing is starting.” The sergeant, shout to everyone in the office and they follow him.

“good morning, we have 20 open case today who still need a follow up. I would like to Junsu and Changmin goes to the drug dealer case together.” Changmin groan loudly and Junsu snort at him. these two were not going along that well because Changmin always think Junsu is a retard and . Junsu think that it was all Changmin’s brain fault who work differently from anyone. But actually they are best friends who is bickering a lot. Like a lot.

“Yunho and Jaejoong, you guys went to check on homicide case.” Both nods and Jaejoong suddenly feel his shirt tugged

“what is it Junsu?”

“switch places with me, i can’t work with a building tower.” Junsu plead

“hey, i could hear you hobbit.” Changmin scoffs

 “sir, can i switch places with Junsu? He surely won’t have peace working with Changmin.” Jaejoong said and he isn’t feel comfortable working with Yunho either, but the sergeant gave him no excuse.

Jaejoong feel bad at Junsu but can’t help to laugh. Those two, even if they hate each other to death when it comes to solving cases they were the inseparable duo. And today, Jaejoong going to work with the top detective in this department yeah he admit to it but refuse to say it out loud and his nemesis at the same time. For years, they are fighting over silly things or just simple thing like being praised by the captain.

On the way to the crime scene, Jaejoong study the case as Yunho drive the car

“this is really neat, i don’t think this is homicide.”

“explain to me.”

“the time when they discovered this man dead body, the kid is in college and his wife is in work. Both of them have an alibi and this father here had alcohol issues. He is a drunkard and maybe the alcohol kills him.”

Yunho think about it a while and said

“alright, let me summarized when we arrive at the place.” Yunho said and Jaejoong nods, place the paper on the back seat. Seems like there will be no silly fight today between them and Jaejoong secretly sigh in relief.

--------------

When they arrived, the police officer, two of them were there and putting evidence around it. the body lay still and Jaejoong wears his gloves. Yunho does the same and start touching the man abdomen

“what was the statement?” Yunho ask

“the wife is on the way here crying and one of our comrades is picking up his son.” Yunho nods and walk around, counting the bottle of alcohol that scattered around the floor.

“did you get the sample out of each bottle?” the police nods and tell Yunho he would giving the sample result to him.

“what do you think?” Jaejoong ask Yunho. apart from their constant fight, Jaejoong always look up to his thought. He must admit that Yunho has always been amazing when it come to solve a case. Not that he would admit in front of him, if he did the man would boast about it for 2 weeks straight. Hmph.

“judging at the television still on set and he drink all the bottles and left 2 out, this mean he intended to spent all of them but get knocked out at the 3 bottle. There is no way this is not homicide. I had some speculations but couldn’t say it until we have the sample test of alcohol and the autopsy of this man. Hey where is the doctor? When will they take this man and ing do the autopsy?”

“they should be here before you but saying there was a traffic they couldn’t escape.” Sighing, Yunho open the man mouth and take a look inside.

“this is a very neat homicide.” Jaejoong said, he then check out the man’s pocket and found a piece of paper.

“hey, this is a lottery coupoun.” Jaejoong said, Yunho went closer to him to take a look at the paper.

“this could be means, he is watching tv to find out if he win the lottery or not.” Yunho said, he then see the TV and call some of his friend that work there.

“okay, okay thank you very much buddy. Drinking? Won’t be a problem, yes i would see you on Sunday.” Yunho ended the call and face Jaejoong

“the lottery announcement is on 9am, he died at 8am so he didn’t have the chance to see his lottery going.” Sirene voice could be heard from outside and the doctor were here to take the body.

Jaejoong instructed the doctor what they need to examine and they nods, taking the body away from there. Just in time, the wife and son arrived with horrid face

“where is my husband?” the woman cried out while the boy silently watch them. Jaejoong paid close attention to this kid because he could feel there is something wrong with him.

“he is taken to the autopsy. I’m Jung Yunho and this is my comrades Kim Jaejoong.” Yunho said and bow to the woman, the woman nods while wipe her tears. Jaejoong then said they should come with them to the police station and led them to the car. the ride were so quiet, only the sound of stiffle cry from the woman and his son comforting his mother.

Jaejoong take a glance at them, keeping a close eye to the son. Yunho notice this and gave Jaejoong knowing look. So Jaejoong assume Yunho already summarize all of this.

They go out from the car and take them in. Yunho went to ask them a few of question and after that he left them still in the investigation room.

“the man had a huge debt because his lottery things. He had no jobs and the wife had to work hard because of this. Their son just went in for college.” Yunho said his discovery to Jaejoong.

“who is he indebted to?”

“loanshark, the interest is high.”

“such an irresponsible father. I’m sorry, i shouldn’t said that about a dead man but still..” Jaejoong said angrily. He then hand Yunho the sample from alcohol, one of the bottle had poison in it

“like i thought.” Yunho massage his forehead

“how about the autopsy record?”

“it’s positive he died from the poison.” Jaejoong said

“hey, do you think the one who poison him is the loanshark?” Jaejoong ask, wishing that his guts were wrong and Yunho thought about it. he then take a look at mother and son inside investigation room. The room is visible from the outside but the one inside can’t look outside.

“or, you have the same thought as me?” Jaejoong added with a hint of hope that Yunho might not be thinking the same, but sadly Yunho turn to look at him and nodded. His face turn sour. Such a young boy still have long way to go.

“but the bottle were sealed, how is he added the poison?” Jaejoong thought

“let me make some call.” Yunho then pick his phone and giving some instructions to the police officer who guard the house for safety reasons.

“the cap scattered all around the table neatly, it looks like someone open it one by one so the man could easily drink them all.” Yunho said. He then went again inside, Jaejoong can’t help but want to tag along eventhough he can’t control his emotion.

“ma’am, this is the last question. About his drinking habit, you say he could easily drink 8 bottle a day right? And about that, is he always take the cap off the bottle one by one and then drink it all or the other way around?”

The mother hesitated a few seconds and then answering

“my son, his father always order him to open up the bottle and then place it on the refrigerator so he wouldn’t have a hard time to drink.” At the mention of this, her son face went pale and Jaejoong sigh, unable to contain his emotion.

“ma’am, is your husband abusive?” the woman look at Jaejoong sadly and then nods

“then i won’t hesitated. Young boy, you are under arrest.” Yunho said, the mother gasp in shock.

“what are you saying?!” she scream

The young boy take a sigh, he look at his mother and hug her.

“he deserves to die mom, now you can live your life peacefully.” He said, the mother realize his son admitting his crime is wailing and crying hard.

Yunho reluctantly put on the handcuffs on young boy hands. He pats his head and let the mother and son have a long talk before this young boy get moved to underage prison. Jaejoong promise the mother that since the boy is cooperated and behave well he might get sentenced for not long, after that he hug the mother, sighing at the thought this old women would live her live alone without his son for a long time.

-----------

Yunho writes the paperwork to this case and hand it to Jaejoong. Jaejoong accept it and type it to his laptop. Yunho notice that Jaejoong looks so gloomy, usually he always in high spirit and normally Yunho couldn’t hold back to pick a silly fight with him. but clearly not now, something is wrong with Jaejoong. And Yunho didn’t even know why but he is worried.

“Jaejoong, are you alright?” Yunho ask and Jaejoong nods

“you look pale.” Yunho stand up, not hesitant to put his hand on Jaejoong’s forehead and measure him.

“you are warm, do you want to go home?” Yunho asks, Jaejoong shake his head and smile

“this is rare that you care for me, but don’t worry i will get this done and then i will go home.” He said. There was a loud voice coming through and Yunho lean back to his chair, face still showing concern to Jaejoong who is uneasy ever since his thought about the boy commiting murder come into his mind. He knew Jaejoong already suspect him from the beginning. Jaejoong really have this sharp intuition in him that even Yunho himself must admit it. he adore that part of Jaejoong.

“the drink were on me.” Changmin laugh

“no brother, the drink were on me.” Junsu offer back and both of them pull each other shoulder like a best friend would.

“alright, how about we buy each other a drink? Technically is the same but your money to buy my drink and my money to buy your drink. How does that sound, Junsu?”

“it could be the most idiotic things i did all my life but this time is exception, let’s do it brother!”

“whoa, look at who the didn’t want to go together this morning and now they were practically glued onto each other.” Yunho smirk

“do you hear something, Junsu?”

“no, Changmin my brother. I didn’t hear a thing.” Yunho shook his head at both of morons, so they reconcile because they sucessfully solved the case and then he look at Jaejoong again

“come, bring in those motherer drug dealer.” The police were pushing 10 men inside, handcuffed and Junsu sat on his desk

“i will write the report brother, we seriously should head out tonight.”

“okay brother, i will added the rest when you done.” Changmin said, both high five before they work on their project.

“you er finally had a real job to do. i’m so impressed.” Yunho said

“hey , those were 10 thug we finally caught.” Changmin snickered.

The captain was pleased with today case that 75% solved. They praise their good work especially for Changmin and Junsu, both of them wearing such a smug and proud face. Jaejoong usually would feel jealous over this but not today, so Yunho’s concern at him just getting worse.

Jaejoong gathered up his things and slung his bag, ready to go home. His head were a bit dizzy and he say goodbye to all his friend. He found Yunho still seated on his chair and Jaejoong walk to him.

“Yunho, i’m going home first.” He said, Yunho finally look up from the paper

“hey, you feel better?” Jaejoong nods

“you are not going home?”

“nope, i re-read the old case i didn’t solve yet. But Jaejoong really, i could drove you home and will go back here just fine. I can tell you got a fever right there.” Yunho offered, Changmin whistle at this and Junsu humming a song. Jaejoong hesitates for a little while, he is too shy to admit that he needs someone to drove him home because he feels he could collapsed anytime. But not Yunho though...

“this is such a rare occassion, you both were rival for life. But Jaejoong, when your hubby want to drove you home just accept it.” Changmin shouts, earn a pen thrown at him by Yunho. Yunho then stand up, grab his car keys and not giving Jaejoong a chance to refuse.

“do you think that both of them will become a thing?” Junsu ask

“they will. Look, it’s the way they flirt! they always annoy each other to hell like some teenage trying to get their crush attention. And seeing that Yunho actually care for Jaejoong now makes all my points valid.”

“yeah, they obviously like each other. all those silly fight, gosh. Even we are not as childish as them.” Both Changmin and Junsu nods in agreement.

------------

“need me to take you upstairs?” Yunho said, they are arrived at Jaejoong’s apartment building. Jaejoong shake his head

“no thanks. I can’t trouble you more especially when we are not fighting for the rest of this evening.” Jaejoong chuckles. Yunho rub his own hair

“well, let’s hold back the fight since you were sick.” Yunho said

“but seriously Yunho, thanks a lot.” Jaejoong said and Yunho nods. After make sure Jaejoong goes all the way in to his apartment building, Yunho drove off from there and go back to the office.

Changmin and Junsu still there playing mind games while waiting for their shift over and Yunho try to annoy them

“you done taking your princess home?” Changmin smirk at him and Yunho smack him.

“hey, he is sick. Anyway do you know if Jaejoong sensitive about abuse topic or whatsoever?” Yunho ask

“why? Are you worrying about your lovely boyfriend?” Junsu ask Yunho, after that he answered the question right and Changmin groan loudly.

“boyfriend my ! Let me clear this up for you morons, He looks uncomfortable after today’s case. Our suspect were killing his father because he is abusive and a drunkard.” Yunho said.

“then, why didn’t you dig it up yourself? Maybe you could comfort him and got kisses as bonus after that.” Changmin said. This time he won the game and Junsu cried.

“ to be with you guys. You never care about your friend.”

“we care, but we didn’t need to care much about both of you because you both already taking care of each other.” Junsu said, he walk away from there to get soda for Changmin

“look man, why do everyone so obsessed making me together with Jaejoong?”

“how about you ask yourself? Why are you so obsessed at making silly fight with Jaejoong, Geez..” Changmin mocked, Yunho glare at him and decided to go back to his seat. Talking to Changmin or Junsu won’t help to ease his heart. He is still thinking about Jaejoong.

-tbc-

 

HAPPY READING AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT YOUR THOUGHT ABOUT THIS STORY! THANK YOU :3